Ships Feedback on Beluga Build

First of all here's the build

It's main purpose of for the Robigo - Sothis passenger run but i will equip either a 4A or 5A fuel scoop for longer journeys when needed. I wondering i could get feedback on how i can improve the build in anyway e.g. passenger cabins, shield and engineer modifications. I know a shield isn't really required as you can run quiet with heat sinks but i have been blown up in the past even while doing that which is why i have included a engineered prismatic with boosters for maximum defence.

Any feedback is appreciated, o7

Edit: i should also add 30ly is the around minimum jump i need to do the run in 2 jumps

Last edited:
To be honest, I think your shield is way overkill. A small shield to avoid angered passengers sure. I do not see the point of a large shield at all. NPC interdictions are easily avoided and a station will blow you to bits regardless of your shield if you anger it.

Also, Belugas are too large to land at Robigo Mines.

Don't know anything about Robigo, but I would make it faster, faster is always better. If you can do with 1 heat sink put another booster and you have more shield too. As you have barely any hull the shield is a good idea especially if you fly in open.

You could probably do without the Luxury cabin - not many passengers require that one.

You will run quite hot with the Guardian PP. Test it out while scooping. The Beluga runs pretty hot if I recall and the GPP will just compound the heat issues.

Shields are probably overkill - size 5 should be more than sufficient, but if you already have the size 6 prismatics, then go for it.

You won't be able to dock at Robigo Mines (medium pad), but you should be fine with the coriolis station (Hausers?)

TBH I find the passenger runs in Robigo some of the most tedious gameplay in ED but they are lucrative ;).

I started using an Anaconda from Hauser's Reach but I switched to a Python to access the outposts in the System, as the outposts don't have fighter patrols like Hausers you can take illegal passenger missions with little or no risk.

To be honest, I think your shield is way overkill. A small shield to avoid angered passengers sure. I do not see the point of a large shield at all. NPC interdictions are easily avoided and a station will blow you to bits regardless of your shield if you anger it.

Also, Belugas are too large to land at Robigo Mines.
On the contrary, there is nothing like overkill with shields. 1700 mj lets you comfortably escape a gank while watching tv on second monitor, pouring yourself a beer in. Seriously, in open those shields are rad. If you fly solo/PG, of course you can go much lower...

On the contrary, there is nothing like overkill with shields. 1700 mj lets you comfortably escape a gank while watching tv on second monitor, pouring yourself a beer in. Seriously, in open those shields are rad. If you fly solo/PG, of course you can go much lower...
Robigo runs in open seem like a generally bad idea. Not necessarily because of ganks (although even gank attempts would slow you down), but also because the single medium pad at Robigo Mines may be busy. Of course, if you are anyway going to slow your runs by running a large ship to Hauser’s ...

Top Bottom