Feedback: Weather Probability Settings and Pause Menu Overhaul

While I wait for Evolution to become playable again (the 1.4 update broke the game's UI on PC), I thought I'd offer my two cents on how post-mission island settings could be improved in comparison to how they were based on what I saw when I launched 1.4.

Right now (for some unknown reason), the Time of Day option is tucked away in the literal Options menus. Instead of...that, why not have the a post-missions island settings in its own dedicated link on the immediate Pause Menu?

lCW2nbl.jpg

Here's a mock-up I made to show how the Island Settings page would look like...
H2oYhpW.jpg

The weather conditions on all the islands are pretty predictable and Isla Nublar is currently the only island with weather settings (albeit bare bones ones).
I've brought up the idea of "randomized weather" in the past but, I wanted to provide a more in-depth look at how it would work coupled with a possible solution to resolve the seemingly "out of the way" location of the Lighting Settings.

At some point, a time progressing lighting system would be nice but, I'm not here to talk about that right now.

The "Weather Values" would only apply if "Varying Weather Conditions" is enabled.
The levels are as followed:
♢ Low - low probability
♢ Moderate - vanilla probability
♢ High - frequent
♢ Off - doesn't occur at all

My reason for including these values is because I don't think that there's a single person out there that likes that there's monsoons/hurricanes with tornadoes as a "normal" thing. If it can occur, there should be an option to make it a rarity (or disabled altogether) to make it seem like more of a challenge in the event that one does occur; as to break away from the monotony of a peaceful playthrough post-mission complete.

As for "Fatal Weather", I feel like there should have been the likelihood of this occurring in the vanilla game from Day 1 (considering the devs went out of their way to make animations of park guests losing their footing when it gets too windy during storms).
Also, I know that dinosaurs are powerful giants but, can they really withstand tornadoes?
I'm not saying that the "below monsoon" weather effects should kill dinosaurs but, maybe gradually chip away at their health and kill them only if they run out of health.

Maybe it would be a gateway to including new AI behaviors for dinosaurs:
♢ Smaller dinos hidding in thick brush areas

♢ Larger dinos huddling together to brace themselves against high wind currents and torrential rain

♢ Symbiotic relationships between smaller and larger herbivores where larger ones offer shelter to smaller ones (Gallimimus and other -mimus family members hiding under long necked dinosaurs)

♢ Thunder and maybe even lightning strikes inside paddocks startling dinosaurs into panicking or "Irritating" the more aggressive ones dinos (horned dinos and carnivores) into trying to break out or even pick fights with dinos in or outside of their pack within the paddock

You get the idea.
As for guests, maybe add the option to sell more than one item at stores so guests can buy and use either umbrellas or (grey/blue JW ponchos or classic yellow JP ponchos). Something. Anything to make the game feel more alive (once its not broken).

At the end of the day, I'm just looking for the game to improve (especially since the U.I. issue with the PC version rendered the game unplayable or too broken to be bothered with as of 1.4 ).

I hope the devs will care enough to read this instead of just locking it and telling me to put it into the reservoir- I mean Wish List.

But in all seriousness, I still believe that constructive feedback cannot thrive when its limited to a single sticky thread and if this thread is simply locked with the same copy/paste Staff response about going to Wish List, I will just assume that no one is actually listening and quietly see myself to the exit door :(

For those of you that took the time to read through my feedback, I appreciate it.
Feel free to check out my Extensive Feedback thread for a post of similar caliber.

Love the lightning strike ideas! They could do a lot with that. Even just showing lightning striking a power station, fence, or pylon would be cool.

I dont like the tornados in the game at all. The real threat was always from a hurricane, not a tornado. It would be cool if we got hurricane damage (storm warnings could actually give u a hurricane rating 1-5) downed trees knocking out power and fences. Flooding damaging buildings and making parts of the park inaccessible for a few minutes.......couldnt repair a building if it was surrounded by flood waters.

But in all seriousness, I still believe that constructive feedback cannot thrive when its limited to a single sticky thread and if this thread is simply locked with the same copy/paste Staff response about going to Wish List, I will just assume that no one is actually listening and quietly see myself to the exit door :(

Well constructed feedback will never be just locked and linked to the wishlist, only clear wishlist threads.
I know there is a thin line between what should be pointed towards the wishlist and locked and what should be kept open for discussion, I always aim to be fair and reasonable in my decision.
The wishlist however is being monitored, it's there for a purpose.

Well constructed feedback will never be just locked and linked to the wishlist, only clear wishlist threads.
I know there is a thin line between what should be pointed towards the wishlist and locked and what should be kept open for discussion, I always aim to be fair and reasonable in my decision.
The wishlist however is being monitored, it's there for a purpose.

Thanks for clarifying ♥
I do intend on making more posts like this in the future whenever a new idea comes to mind.
I also saw that there was an update today, lets hope that it fixes the U.I. bugs ;)

Love the lightning strike ideas! They could do a lot with that. Even just showing lightning striking a power station, fence, or pylon would be cool.

I dont like the tornados in the game at all. The real threat was always from a hurricane, not a tornado. It would be cool if we got hurricane damage (storm warnings could actually give u a hurricane rating 1-5) downed trees knocking out power and fences. Flooding damaging buildings and making parts of the park inaccessible for a few minutes.......couldnt repair a building if it was surrounded by flood waters.

Agreed. Some more visible hurricane and storm damage would be nice.
Right now, there doesn't seem to be any real explanation as to what is damaging buildings because it ALWAYS happens just off-screen.
Some gradual deterioration on lower-end fences would be nice and maybe even some actual functionality for the "Outage Prevention" modification would be nice as well.
Minor flooding to go along with your suggestion of inaccessibility could work as well. From what I've seen, water can accumulate in-game during precipitation events but, never enough to actually impact anything. Maybe something could be done in the future to change that.

Having finally had a chance to play Challenge mode, I realized that Challenge mode Nublar actually has the randomized dynamic weather feature.
I just wish all the other islands had that as well.
i.e.
- Muertas with just rainfall and not exclusively storms
- Pena with just light storms and not consistent tornadoes (realistically there should be waterspouts too but I digress)
etc

Also, the lack of the fog condition is still kind of disappointing.
Hypothetically, if it was included, it would probably temporarily decrease the visibility of all viewing areas and 'people movers' by half.
5XOCL5B.jpg

Top Bottom