First "normal" coverage i've heard regarding odyseey.

With frontiers.. attempts to self white knight (is that possible?) and the prophets swooning in reaction and then continuing to swoon with their followers.. was such an relief to hear a bunch of normal people talking about odyseey. Even the forums have turned to chaos since the white knights all came back a week before the announcement.

Definitely the first stable minded coverage ive heard for odyseey. Great listen (as always). Recommended to all grey knights to check it out.

With frontiers.. attempts to self white knight (is that possible?) and the prophets swooning in reaction and then continuing to swoon with their followers.. was such an relief to hear a bunch of normal people talking about odyseey. Even the forums have turned to chaos since the white knights all came back a week before the announcement.
Can I come and visit this fantastical world in which you live? It sounds wild :)

Definitely the first stable minded coverage ive heard for odyseey. Great listen (as always). Recommended to all grey knights to check it out.
Yep, the episode from a week ago is a good listen, it's good that you've finally found it.

Lave Radio are a podcast that record new episodes every Tuesday - they've been doing it almost every week since around the time of Elite Dangerous Kickstarter announcement.

This week's episode recording from yesterday can be listened to via their Twitch page: https://twitch.tv/laveradio

Some of the LaveRadio team are longtime FDev NDA signees

One guy Phoenix_Dfire uses a mic that his breathing is crystal clear in your ears. I think other mics can mask it better.

Last edited:
Dude it's 2 hours... How about a TL;DR; ?

Hahahahha, yeah, the trick is always skip to when they actually start talking about the game. I used to give them the benefit of the doubt but done it enough times :p Its anywhere between 10 mins to 1 hour... i think this one started at about 15 mins. They covered everything and more, too much to remember or write down. That link has show notes it think.

Dude it's 2 hours... How about a TL;DR; ?

TLDL surely? Anyway...

I heard it last week so was able to form an opinion without being called a white knight 3 times before I heard it.

They cover the;

5 min Video - Mainly very positive, the 'explorers' seemed to love it and look forward to it (the visuals and the science gameplay), the others more asking what else to do apart from exploring. Talk of inside ship or not inside. gameplay.
Dev Diary - Mainly not so positive, a bit of what was the point and more what they missed out than what they said in the DD. Hoping future ones are deeper. iirc someone said something like apart from the DB interview at the beginning it was a flop for them. 5-10 mins spent trying to work out what was live and what was recorded which was funny in an odd way, it seemed to matter.
2 magazine articles and i cant remember which said what so will muddle up here - They got a bit excited about the animals. Seemed to miss the info about hand crafted and limited and had the proc gen convo about the plants (like NMS). i think one suggested walk in spaceships so confusion about that. Bit of remorse that fdev hadnt publicised it more and split the info up and magazines had different info.

Some of what they covered was withdrawn by the magazines (fdev didnt mention animals just plants), walk around ship was withdrawn as well.

So overall balanced, at one point someone said 'No thats unfair' about a criticism of fdev so prepared to disagree. It was 99% constructive overall and not 'whiny', more exasperated if anything, a bit like the rest of us probably.

Problem was they dont know or cant reveal any more than we already know, some of that was based on false info in magazines, some representative of the forum views already discussed, their own POV depending on what they want. So in hindsight it may be a bit 'thats not true' or lead to false rumours but they didnt know that at point of recording and did the best they could with probably a lot less info than they were expecting to have.

I have started last week to listen to laveradio and radio Sidewinder so theres my bias....and the adverts are absolutely hilarious.

Top Bottom