First the Type-9 was reborn, then the Saud Kruger ships, next?

BLASPHEMY!! I mined myself up to unlock that engineering chick who does the hull up-grades in my Keelback. And I enjoyed every tonne of bauxite I mined.

Nothing wrong with a Keelback. It's just a stretched T6 with more hard points and SLF capability. If my T6 just does not work for mining I'll probably buy a Keelback to replace it with.

Hmmm...

Cutter, Corvette and Anaconda desperately need more utility slots.
Anaconda needs more jump range.
Python should be able to land on small pads.
Courier needs a speed buff.
T10 needs to be uglier.
Hauler seems a bit too heavy.

:)

What I'd like to see is new models for the Eagle, the Sidewinder, and all the ship-launched fighters. Strip off their weaponry and remove all their custom slots. Plaster sponsor stickers all over them, and have a new category of competition within CQCC/Arena... ring racing.

Squeeze the balls of the FDL and Anaconda. They are outliers that were made wildly too good.

Asp Scout. More speed, much more.

Corvette needs S slots to be M or L with a dist upgrade.

Interior cockpit updates for the various ship versions.

Day 1 spoiler ship kits for Phantom and Mamba.

Squeeze the balls of the FDL and Anaconda. They are outliers that were made wildly too good.

Asp Scout. More speed, much more.

Corvette needs S slots to be M or L with a dist upgrade.

Interior cockpit updates for the various ship versions.

Day 1 spoiler ship kits for Phantom and Mamba.

You want the Corvette to have a Class 9 Distributor?

You want the Corvette to have a Class 9 Distributor?

That would be funny. The Cutter is the speed haul king, the Anaconda is the jump DPS king, the Corvette is more agile but not by much more. Since its supposed to be the warship of the three it needs extra boom. As it stands it trades too many Pros / Cons with an Anaconda.

Sorry: They turned the beluga into a weaponized, slf carrying, biowaste hauler. Mine ran kool and made me a few bill as a passenger ship, sorry you couldn't do the same.
Now it's just another lame multirole ship.
Have fun. :)
As for exploring in a beluga. Just wait till you land on a hi g world.

Sorry The clipper is perfect as is.
I'm not sure what you're sorry about. It sounds like we agree for the most part.

I'm not sure what you're sorry about. It sounds like we agree for the most part.

That's the problem isn't it...
Nerf the anaconda
Nerf the corvette
Nerf the sidewinder...

The cutter is perfect - it has great speed, good weapons, the best shields, manoeuvrability... Everything a combat ship needs... And also, by a huge margin, the biggest cargo hold in the game... Bigger even than the biggest dedicated cargo ship. Jump range is lower than some but still beats most. But don't you dare change anything, or else cutter owners might need another ship some time. I'm surprised it can't fit on a medium pad too given its other godlike abilities.

You'd think Saint Steve of Jobs designed it himself from the messianic following it gets.

However, that begs the question. What’s the next ship that needs some TLC? If you could ask Frontier to make changes to one ship what would it be?

Asp Scout. For frack's sake Frontier, please do something to help the Asp Scout. It's only the most useless, worthless, pointless ship in the entire game.

Runner's up:

- Make the T-7 a medium pad ship (lower it's height by 1.2m).
- Imperial Clipper either needs a buff or it needs to be made a medium ship.
- The T-6 could use some more hardpoints now to make it a better miner with the new 3.3 revamp.
- The DBX should get one internal bumped up to size 5 so it can fit a practical fuel scoop. It is the Diamondback Explorer after all....

Last edited:
Asp Scout. For frack's sake Frontier, please do something to help the Asp Scout. It's only the most useless, worthless, pointless ship in the entire game.

I kinda like that boat. One short visit to Aunty Felicity and you have a fairly respectable exploration ship. https://s.orbis.zone/1569 What I'd like to see is making the Guardian FSD boosters a utility mount instead of an internal slot. The shield boosters are utility slot and are letter sized. Doing the same with the Guardian FSD boosters and letter size would really help a ship like the Asp Scout become a very good exploration ship with bumping that 42ly jump to maybe close to 60lys

Frontier has recently been making good progress in giving some neglected ships a new purpose. The buff to the Type-9 earlier this year was amazing and made that ship a viable trading ship again for many CMDR’s. This update includes the long-awaited lifting of slot restrictions for the Saud Kruger ships that breathe a lot of life into them. These changes have been met with a lot of happiness and near universal acclaim from CMDR’s.

I for one can’t wait to put together a new long-range exploration Beluga ship with all the fixin’s. 51 light years of jump range and all the amenities that a CMDR would want. Awesome cockpit view and a beautiful ship to have in my galaxy screenshots. Great! The Beluga was the ship I most wanted to see given some love.

However, that begs the question. What’s the next ship that needs some TLC? If you could ask Frontier to make changes to one ship what would it be? Let’s exclude the Mamba and Krait Phantom for now as they are not final and there totally could be tweaks there.

But what other ship would you love to spend more time in if a key flaw were fixed?

Personally I think the Beluga still needs a major buff, similar to what the T-9 got. Either add more module slots or give it bigger slots, because that ship is HUGE, yet IIRC, the Type 7 can actually carry more passengers! If I were to convert the Beluga to a UPS cargo hauler (similar to what's been done with the 747), then the Beluga should be right up there with the Type 9 IMO. Carnival cruise ships can carry many thousands of passengers, but the Beluga can only carry hundreds? Sandra Bullock*!

* you brits have strange censorship rules....

I'd like the Ability to "At Will" Bring several (perhaps Five?) Small and Medium Ships together, Combine them (Temporarily) into one Huge Ship with Abilities that Outshine their Individual Capabilities, To Fight EVIL and Defend The Galaxy from Do-Gooders!

But I'd Settle for "FUZZY DICE"!!!

[alien]

-gus

I'd like the Ability to "At Will" Bring several (perhaps Five?) Small and Medium Ships together, Combine them (Temporarily) into one Huge Ship with Abilities that Outshine their Individual Capabilities, To Fight EVIL and Defend The Galaxy from Do-Gooders!

But I'd Settle for "FUZZY DICE"!!!

[alien]

-gus

When in doubt, form Voltron.

I think there's a better chance of getting a hula girl bobble head before fuzzy dice. I'd be happy with either one.

Anyone want to explain this hula girl meme? In all my years on this rock, I've never encountered it outside this very forum.

Top Bottom