First the Type-9 was reborn, then the Saud Kruger ships, next?

Personally I think the Beluga still needs a major buff, similar to what the T-9 got. Either add more module slots or give it bigger slots, because that ship is HUGE, yet IIRC, the Type 7 can actually carry more passengers! If I were to convert the Beluga to a UPS cargo hauler (similar to what's been done with the 747), then the Beluga should be right up there with the Type 9 IMO. Carnival cruise ships can carry many thousands of passengers, but the Beluga can only carry hundreds? Sandra Bullock*!

* you brits have strange censorship rules....

i don't see a point in being able to carry thousands of passengers, when you never get the chance to fill those slots without having to rely on "exploit" systems that generate just endless number of stackable missions with the same destination.
for me,
those passenger ships only require a single passenger slot that is able to outfit a luxury class cabin ->
and then every station you dock with your little luxury liner should offer at least ONE luxury ferry mission that has at least equal the payout (credits and materials) as a same size multi-purpose or transport ship, filled with all slots economy class.
after all, luxury cabins only come in size 6 and 5 -> and missions for them are to rare for the payout.

1 - The Clipper needs to be a medium. It would be a nice competitor to the Krait and Python, but being large really makes it a lot less useful than it could be.

2 - The Type 7 could become one of the most useful ships in the game if they just shaved the top of the ship and made it the medium it was always supposed to be. However, I can see the argument that it would make it perhaps too useful, and that it already has a niche as a powerful trader that isn't too expensive (with the downside of not being usable in outposts).

3 - The Viper 4 needs to be able to turn better than a g Python/Dropship. In fact, with a few buffs it could be the ship that bridges the gap between the Viper 3/Courier/DB Scout and the Vulture, maybe even make it an alternative to the Vulture, as Kornelius Briedis suggested in a video in 2015.

4 - The Asp Scout is a mess, but it has already been mentioned by the devs as a ship that will be looked at, so...

5 - Cobra 4....oh well...

Again, how would that matter if I see it while out? It has no meaning for me.

It has no meaning to me either. It's just a funny little thing folks put on the dash of their car. Like the bobbing head chihuahua dog or the plastic Jesus or what ever folks put in their vehicles to personalize it. I have none of those but I do have a small dream catcher hanging from the rear view mirror in my pickup truck. Kinda cool to look at but it has no real meaning to me other than my mother made it.

I continue to not understand CMDR's that have issues with "Stacking" Economy Passenger Missions...

My personal "Take" on this topic is: We should be Able (Encouraged Even!) to Pack Em In like Sardines (Japanese Subway Style), AND there shouldn't be a NEED to Board Flip to do it!

Anyone that has a problem with this style of Passenger Mission must not have Flown Economy on a Commercial Aircraft in recent memory. Most Air Carries wouldn't Dream of pushing back away from the Jetway unless they were Jammed FULL of Passengers.

GO VOLTRON!!!

And Fuzzy Dice!

[alien]

-gus

I continue to not understand CMDR's that have issues with "Stacking" Economy Passenger Missions...

My personal "Take" on this topic is: We should be Able (Encouraged Even!) to Pack Em In like Sardines (Japanese Subway Style), AND there shouldn't be a NEED to Board Flip to do it!

Anyone that has a problem with this style of Passenger Mission must not have Flown Economy on a Commercial Aircraft in recent memory. Most Air Carries wouldn't Dream of pushing back away from the Jetway unless they were Jammed FULL of Passengers.

GO VOLTRON!!!

And Fuzzy Dice!

[alien]

-gus

Voltron WITH fuzzy dice!

All I have is economy passenger cabins and I load as many as I can before heading off. Refugees and aide workers are my usual transport. I have hauled some of those rich tourists and a few "officials" but my preference is refugees and aide workers. Other than once in a great while needing a different destination while in flight, they never pester me for stuff like food or clothing. I just got a Dolphin so now I can haul even more. I'm the Ralph Kramden of Elite...

Carnival cruise ships can carry many thousands of passengers, but the Beluga can only carry hundreds?

Such ships are an order of magnitude more massive than the Beluga and don't need life support systems more complex than air conditioning.

Passenger mission availability should make sense based on numerous factors.

A wealthy, high population, high traffic, system should have more economy passengers than any single ship could handle on the board at any given time.

A system with 53 people in it that is half way to nowhere and dirt poor should almost never have any.

Don't Get me Wrong...

I'm ALL About being Reasonable here (IRL).
My base of Operations is a High Population Tourist System...
And we Ain't Shang Hi-ing Sailors outta Dives with Fixed Drinks to meet our Quotas, though that might make for some Interesting Game Play.

However, this is Elite Dangerous we're talking about here.
Reasonable Ain't always Flying Copilot, Heck it isn't always in the Same System.

Voltron WITH Fuzzy Dice...! Pure Genius!!!

[alien]

-gus

Actually I would like to see the Dev Ship team revsit the ships with disabled hardpoints on the models, to see if they could be reenabled in the new enviroment

The Cobra Mk.III and IV have 4 tiny (Utilities) Hardpoints with two Disabled
As does, I think, the Asp Scout
The Federal and Imperial Eagles have 1 of 2 tiny hardpoints
The Hauler has 2 small hard points, one disabled
The Type 7 has 5 small hard points, one disabled.

Anyone know of any other ships that have hardpoints modelled but not used?

I mean I get that the Hauler and the Eagle, were the trade and combat learning upgrades from the Sidewinder back in the day when you earned this amount of credits, but now with CRs being so plentiful just from even the starting credits and the introductory mission, that let them just be conscious ship choices that they are not even stepping stones, as all small ships have become.

I have lost all hope the Type 7 would ever become a medium by lowering it, as all the balance passes have been better hull, bigger core and option internals, so now with a bigger PD and PP, and with more mining tool she would now carry mining laser, an abrasion blaster and a pair of subsurface missiles if the 5th hardpoint was unlocked doubling the missiles carried for mining

I think a general point that's emerging here is that FD don't need to tinker with the internal slots to buff (or nerf) a ship; just changing the mix of available missions will do it. The Saud-Cruger ships have been little used because there aren't enough high-paying passengers wanting luxury accommodation.

When the Dolphin first appeared it probably wasn't a coincidence that there were groups of three or four passengers wanting luxury for sightseeing trips. I bought the Dolphin and used it in its intended role for a while, but then those missions dried up and it's been mostly unemployed since.

The thing, I think, the Beluga is missing most is the ability to fit a larger fuel scoop, I've never understood the fact that the biggest ship in the game can only take a 6A fuel scoop when there are 7A and 8A ones available is strange.

The thing, I think, the Beluga is missing most is the ability to fit a larger fuel scoop, I've never understood the fact that the biggest ship in the game can only take a 6A fuel scoop when there are 7A and 8A ones available is strange.

because of some reasons, they wanted the beluga NOT to beat the T9 or other ships in cargospace... ignoring that those other ships are all able to beat the beluga as passenger ship (mostly due to lack of luxury missions)
thats why i think, just adding more and larger internal slots doesn't really help passenger ships in their role.

Top Bottom