Fleet carrier storage bug. Nov 2023

Hey, Is anyone else experiencing a bug with transferring inventory from ship to fleet carrier. After each offload I have to restart the game for it to work again. Every time. Trade requires an “Exit To Menu” every time, man. Smh

Yes, that was always like this. I am not sure if it is just a server delay. I am always too unpatient to wait and go back to main menu and in game again to get the cargo updated.

You don't have to exit to the menu, just re-enter the commodity market. Or wait to do it until you arrive at where you want to sell the cargo, that way the cargo will be "stealthed" and you won't get pulled by pirates.

You don't have to exit to the menu, just re-enter the commodity market. Or wait to do it until you arrive at where you want to sell the cargo, that way the cargo will be "stealthed" and you won't get pulled by pirates.
I have to. I’ll explain again. I’ll pick up 784 t of cargo. I bring it to my carrier. I’ve had carrreirs on Xbox and pc. Been past the galactic center, Rackhams Peak and other stuff but those fleet carriers. I know how to transfer my inventory/cargo. It’s crazy because I can get the cargo, bring it to my carrier, then when I’m transferring it to my carrier’s storage, it goes right back to my ship’s cargo inventory. Now…when I exit out to the menu screen and come back, I can do it. It’s annoying as hell. I was doing the CG stuff this weekend. That crap was a pain but Iog in about 30 something seconds each time I do it. Each load. But everything else can transfer from suit to SRV etc. it’s just the TRANSFER TO SHIP INVENTORY. it is not supposed to do that. I feel like the last thing I might have to do. This has never happened before and it’s never happened on Xbox when I do it there. So, 🤷‍♂️. I sent a ticket out.

I have to. I’ll explain again. I’ll pick up 784 t of cargo. I bring it to my carrier. I’ve had carrreirs on Xbox and pc. Been past the galactic center, Rackhams Peak and other stuff but those fleet carriers. I know how to transfer my inventory/cargo. It’s crazy because I can get the cargo, bring it to my carrier, then when I’m transferring it to my carrier’s storage, it goes right back to my ship’s cargo inventory. Now…when I exit out to the menu screen and come back, I can do it. It’s annoying as hell. I was doing the CG stuff this weekend. That crap was a pain but Iog in about 30 something seconds each time I do it. Each load. But everything else can transfer from suit to SRV etc. it’s just the TRANSFER TO SHIP INVENTORY. it is not supposed to do that. I feel like the last thing I might have to do. This has never happened before and it’s never happened on Xbox when I do it there. So, 🤷‍♂️. I sent a ticket out.

Quite right, it is a bug and needs sorting. (y)

It's a recent bug. For me, a workaround was to use the commodity market and put up a buy-order to sell the stuff to myself (as it was only affecting the transfer function).

Finally someone started talking, I wanted to see how long it takes...After every upgrade, it gets worse and worse...Now you can't even select multiple missions, it throws you out of the menu immediately, just unbelievable...The autopilot keeps getting confused when leaving the station...I've been playing it for over 6 years and the only reason was to buy VR, but more and more I'm thinking of ending this nonsense...

i have had this same problem. i was able to get it to work by switching ships in the shipyard of my carrier instead of going main menu. switch ship, unload, switch back. so far that has worked every time.

i just figured it out. i have some limpets on the carrier. i left one unit open on my cargo ship. transfer 1 unit of limpet from the carrier, and then it will allow you to transfer all to the FC.

I got the transfer function to work last night. I presume it's a server-side problem, as there hasn't been a patch at our end.

Been playing since pre-Alpha: Had a Fleety since they arrived. Never had the transfer problem you guys are experiencing. I'm on 300Mb/25 Virgin Media Ultra Broadband, stable Mable (ping of 2-3); so perhaps server/internet causing so many EDO problems????
Also on stacking missions; me and my Bro (blood kin living 250 miles apart, voxing on Discord) were playing last night: He Teamed up with me and we stacked missions and alternately cross shared a total of eight (8!) missions and apart from getting wanted half way through the missions; all went without a glitch....all played without fault (and paid up) ???? again helped by bi-lateral stable full bore internet/server-side???? Who knows! :unsure:

Last edited:
...And it's back. It had been OK, but now the Transfer function stopped working again and I had to put up a Buy order.

i have had this same problem. i was able to get it to work by switching ships in the shipyard of my carrier instead of going main menu. switch ship, unload, switch back. so far that has worked every time.
This is ridiculous. One patch makes leaks for several other things.

I have the same problem. Mighty annoying!
The workaround is, like Nadreck said, sell to yourself as commodity but it should be solved.

It is no longer a problem for me now. It was fixed after 48 hours, I belive. I had to put in a trouble ticket and let FDEV know exactly what was happening. Let them know so the problem can be fixed.

BUT...I JUST got in a Scorpion for the first time and was wondering where the HUD was and how to move. Or see anything... Or pause the game in it... instead of using CTRL ALT DLT and Task Manager to exit the game.

Hi folks :)

i just figured it out. i have some limpets on the carrier. i left one unit open on my cargo ship. transfer 1 unit of limpet from the carrier, and then it will allow you to transfer all to the FC.
Excellent ! (y)
Just tried your method, but using one unit of any commodity from my Carrier. Which obviously works too.

Jack :)

Top Bottom