Fleet Carriers - Patch 3 - Known Issues

Do you have eyes? What the hell ARE you doing in elite to not notice ANY of the bugs they've introduced this update? gently caress outta here

You said the game is broken. It isn't broken, this is evident because everyone is still playing it. Yes it has bugs, yes there are some problems but essentially, if you do not mine or own an FC, nothing has changed in this game since the update. I have been able to log on with no problems every day for weeks (months in fact) I'm earning around 500m over a week and a bit. I'm doing varied things such as exploring, trade and combat.

If you do mine or own an FC, then you are experiencing a price crash on things like LTD's, that is not broken, it is just not possible to make the same inflated profits as before.

What I will concede is, if you own an FC, it was far easier to get fuel for that before the update. Now it sounds like a real struggle. They obviously need to fix that and quick. So if your FC is 10,000ly from a populated system, you are going to be stuck and that is not good and could be called 'broken' at a push.

However, if you look at a 'heat map' of the locations of most Fleet Carriers, they are mainly in populated areas. Meaning you can leave it parked there until they sort the fuel issue out, take anyone of your fleet and go do some trade, exploring or combat missions because they're all working just fine.

Game is not broken.

Happy to help, that'll be £10 please.

[uses desk intercom]

Would you send the next one in please Bridget.

Last edited:
You said the game is broken. It isn't broken, this is evident because everyone is still playing it. Yes it has bugs, yes there are some problems but essentially, if you do not mine or own an FC, nothing has changed in this game since the update. I have been able to log on with no problems every day for weeks (months in fact) I'm earning around 500m over a week and a bit. I'm doing varied things such as exploring, trade and combat.

If you do mine or own an FC, then you are experiencing a price crash on things like LTD's, that is not broken, it is just not possible to make the same inflated profits as before.

What I will concede is, if you own an FC, it was far easier to get fuel for that before the update. Now it sounds like a real struggle. They obviously need to fix that and quick. So if your FC is 10,000ly from a populated system, you are going to be stuck and that is not good and could be called 'broken' at a push.

However, if you look at a 'heat map' of the locations of most Fleet Carriers, they are in populated areas. Meaning you can leave it parked there until they sort the fuel issue out, take anyone of your fleet and go do some trade, exploring or combat missions because they're all working just fine.

Game is not broken.

Happy to help, that'll be £10 please.

[uses desk intercom]

Would you send the next one in please Bridget.

I have stopped playing. I work 6 days a week and can only afford to spend an hour or two a day on this. It's a game not a second career. I have put in nearly 200 hours in under a month and that's alot for me, that's me not doing anything other than playing elite after I get home.
I just purchased an FC recently after grinding almost every day since the FC update came live, only to buy one the day before the patch, and have NO WAY TO FIND FUEL FOR THE DAMN THING. Mining for profit is done for and mining for tritium is only a theoretical practice right now as it takes tens of hours to fill one with trit now.
Abrasion blasters have been broken too, I can't shoot deposits off cracked roids after using charges. I got attacked by pirates whilst mining and returned to the asteroid I prospected only to find I COULD NOT MINE ANYTHING WITHIN SEVERAL KILOMETRES OF IT.

Tell me how that's not broken? Clearly they don't test their at all despite the fact they have their own test universe. This has not only effected LTDs and trit, but ALL mining minerals and the supposed 'buff' to single hotspots didn't do anything. Hotspots are basically now useless, core mining has been made unusable and demand at stations has been rolled back to Pre-FC numbers so demand runs out extremely fast (within an hour for even the biggest supply numbers) making all of my ED third party trade tools essentially obselete.

NOW TELL ME WHAT THEY IMPROVED?

To counterbalance the clearly completely busted mining facet of the game, there are other things to do in ED.

No, they won't pay well in comparison, but they are fun: exploration, combat... No, it won't help those with "stuck" FC's. No, it won't help those who can't yet afford a fleet carrier.

However, we could try and do what we did before FC's were a thing.

Yes, it's frustrating, I know: but, for now, all we can do is wait. Or play another game. Or do something else entirely, like reconnect with the strangers who live in the same dwelling as you :D

I have been a player for a long time and the worst thing I have seen so far has been the nerphe of diamonds, I think it has been unnecessary, now you hardly find diamonds, and mining is not the same, it is very boring, you spend 100 drones to find 20 diamonds ...
So for now I am not going to deal with mining.

I have stopped playing. I work 6 days a week and can only afford to spend an hour or two a day on this. It's a game not a second career. I have put in nearly 200 hours in under a month and that's alot for me, that's me not doing anything other than playing elite after I get home.
I just purchased an FC recently after grinding almost every day since the FC update came live, only to buy one the day before the patch, and have NO WAY TO FIND FUEL FOR THE DAMN THING. Mining for profit is done for and mining for tritium is only a theoretical practice right now as it takes tens of hours to fill one with trit now.
Abrasion blasters have been broken too, I can't shoot deposits off cracked roids after using charges. I got attacked by pirates whilst mining and returned to the asteroid I prospected only to find I COULD NOT MINE ANYTHING WITHIN SEVERAL KILOMETRES OF IT.

Tell me how that's not broken? Clearly they don't test their poopoo at all despite the fact they have their own test universe. This has not only effected LTDs and trit, but ALL mining minerals and the supposed 'buff' to single hotspots didn't do anything. Hotspots are basically now useless, core mining has been made unusable and demand at stations has been rolled back to Pre-FC numbers so demand runs out extremely fast (within an hour for even the biggest supply numbers) making all of my ED third party trade tools essentially obselete.

Exactly this...

Tell me how that's not broken? Clearly they don't test their poopoo at all despite the fact they have their own test universe. This has not only effected LTDs and trit, but ALL mining minerals and the supposed 'buff' to single hotspots didn't do anything. Hotspots are basically now useless, core mining has been made unusable and demand at stations has been rolled back to Pre-FC numbers so demand runs out extremely fast (within an hour for even the biggest supply numbers) making all of my ED third party trade tools essentially obselete.

OMG, another CMDR who has a job, just like the rest of us.

I responded to your statement that the game is broken, now you’ve moved the goalposts to ‘tell me what they’ve improved’.

I acknowledged the FC fuel situation and agreed with you, it needs to be fixed ASAP. I also now acknowledge that the abrasion blasters are broken, yet, people are still out there, mining, they have adapted the way they do it. Is any of that good? No but it has not even been a week yet, they will fix it.

I got attacked by pirates whilst mining

Yeah, that is part of the game. You should know that by now. Unless you're saying you want that striped out?

You said you were grinding almost every day despite telling me you work 6 days a week. One or two hours a day for under a month for said, yet somehow that has made 200 hours in a month? There are only 31 days in a month, 2 hours a day (maximum) is 62 hours in the month. So your maths is off too.

You have stated you have 37+ years experience in some industry or other, lets say you started that when you were 16, that at least makes you 53 now, minimum. I'm staggered by that because your overly dramatic posts, with your CAPS LOCK and shrieking reminds me of Veruca Salt.

Do me a favour, get on Youtube, search for the story of Bill Hubbard. Watch the video. Take a look at yourself, then come back here and tell me you have this thing entirely in perspective.

I responded to your statement that the game is broken, now you’ve moved the goalposts to ‘tell me what they’ve improved’.

I acknowledged the FC fuel situation and agreed with you, it needs to be fixed ASAP. I also now acknowledge that the abrasion blasters are broken, yet, people are still out there, mining, they have adapted the way they do it. Is any of that good? No but it has not even been a week yet, they will fix it.

Yeah, that is part of the game. You should know that by now. Unless you're saying you want that striped out?

You said you were grinding almost every day despite telling me you work 6 days a week. One or two hours a day for under a month for said, yet somehow that has made 200 hours in a month? There are only 31 days in a month, 2 hours a day (maximum) is 62 hours in the month. So your maths is off too.

You have stated you have 37+ years experience in some industry or other, lets say you started that when you were 16, that at least makes you 53 now, minimum. I'm staggered by that because your overly dramatic posts, with your CAPS LOCK and shrieking reminds me of Veruca Salt.

Do me a favour, get on Youtube, search for the story of Bill Hubbard. Watch the video. Take a look at yourself, then come back here and tell me you have this thing entirely in perspective.

What? Learn to read dude I'm not the same guy who claims to be a dev with 37 years or something.

You miss that weekends exist and I have pulled a few late nights, on average I only get to jump on for up to 2 hours a night but on Sundays I put in up to 14 hours.
Admittingly some of those hours are just from the launcher being left open.
I am not the other dude. Check the name of who comments before you embarrass yourself again.

Also having materials vanish from a prospected asteroid after moving away from it despite not having mined it yet? Seems like they made it so that if you move away from an asteroid after interacting with it, you can't mine it. A pretty half fix for that exploit if you ask me cause it's ruining the game for players like myself who aren't even using SLFs

Apologies, I did mix you up with someone else
Look, I totally understand where you're coming from that there are 'other things to do in elite' but this patch was a real mood killer for elite. I wasn't even mining after the patch but working on engineering my phantom for exploring.
But this is just another 'last straw' event for me since all they have given me since I joined Elite was removal of features like attacked stations and galnet, then basically told that I'm being left behind once Oddysey comes as a VR player. FDev have done nothing to make me believe this game is getting any better. All they've shown me is half baked- Buggy fleet carriers and 'bug fixes' that break more than they help. They could've rolled the game back to Pre-patch to at least have mining and other activities work until a proper fix is found. Players making too much money is much less of a problem than players not being able to enjoy a large portion of the game.
But they didn't do this, despite hard evidence and massive community outcry the response we got was 'well see the numbers and MAYBE fix it if we find anything wrong with it'
So they dont even tell us that they will definitely fix it, or when they will.
It's less of a game issue but more of a matter or reputation.

Look, I totally understand where you're coming from that there are 'other things to do in elite' but this patch was a real mood killer for elite. I wasn't even mining after the patch but working on engineering my phantom for exploring.
But this is just another 'last straw' event for me since all they have given me since I joined Elite was removal of features like attacked stations and galnet, then basically told that I'm being left behind once Oddysey comes as a VR player. FDev have done nothing to make me believe this game is getting any better. All they've shown me is half baked- Buggy fleet carriers and 'bug fixes' that break more than they help. They could've rolled the game back to Pre-patch to at least have mining and other activities work until a proper fix is found. Players making too much money is much less of a problem than players not being able to enjoy a large portion of the game.
But they didn't do this, despite hard evidence and massive community outcry the response we got was 'well see the numbers and MAYBE fix it if we find anything wrong with it'
So they dont even tell us that they will definitely fix it, or when they will.
It's less of a game issue but more of a matter or reputation.

And I get all that. It is now accepted (though not stated as acceptable) by the wider player base that they seem incapable of bringing in a 'fix' without breaking some other things. This isn't my area, I'm not a dev, coder or programmer, I suspect it is a complex business that seems to be missing the simple solution of more testing before releases and maybe not trying to fix twenty things at once with one patch but fixing one thing at a time with one patch, see how that goes, then release another.

They do appear to firefight. Aside from the FC fuelling fiasco and mining nerf they introduced, they look like they tried the tackle the huge numbers of Adder errors people were getting that prevented them even being able to get into the game. Reports of those appear to have dropped off.

They famously say little and appear to listen less. We got an update to the UI when you dock at a station (quick access to refuel, repair and restock) that as far as I know, no one asked for whilst other longer term issues have been left unresolved. It is frustrating and baffling. We all want the game to work and to work well. I note that I am very lucky (this time), nothing they have done with this latest patch has interfered with my game at all. I suppose if it makes someone feel better by coming on the forum and venting, then I cant really argue that but we all know it won't change anything, so becomes futile. They do what they do.

I suspect at the heart of all this (inadequate or not thorough testing aside), is the communication void. The game changes over night but it is days before they say anything and when they do say something, it is vague. I try not to get excited by it all because I understand I'm powerless in the relationship. They have had my one off payment for the game, our transaction is complete. The only thing I cn adjust is my reaction to to their actions (or lack of) because the only alternative is madness.

And I get all that. It is now accepted (though not stated as acceptable) by the wider player base that they seem incapable of bringing in a 'fix' without breaking some other things. This isn't my area, I'm not a dev, coder or programmer, I suspect it is a complex business that seems to be missing the simple solution of more testing before releases and maybe not trying to fix twenty things at once with one patch but fixing one thing at a time with one patch, see how that goes, then release another.

They do appear to firefight. Aside from the FC fuelling fiasco and mining nerf they introduced, they look like they tried the tackle the huge numbers of Adder errors people were getting that prevented them even being able to get into the game. Reports of those appear to have dropped off.

They famously say little and appear to listen less. We got an update to the UI when you dock at a station (quick access to refuel, repair and restock) that as far as I know, no one asked for whilst other longer term issues have been left unresolved. It is frustrating and baffling. We all want the game to work and to work well. I note that I am very lucky (this time), nothing they have done with this latest patch has interfered with my game at all. I suppose if it makes someone feel better by coming on the forum and venting, then I cant really argue that but we all know it won't change anything, so becomes futile. They do what they do.

I suspect at the heart of all this (inadequate or not thorough testing aside), is the communication void. The game changes over night but it is days before they say anything and when they do say something, it is vague. I try not to get excited by it all because I understand I'm powerless in the relationship. They have had my one off payment for the game, our transaction is complete. The only thing I cn adjust is my reaction to to their actions (or lack of) because the only alternative is madness.
I totally agree. Sorry if I come off as abrasive earlier but on top of being massively FDev'd off by the strange and incomprehensible decisions that FDev seem to make, I also had troubles with ordering PC parts today with terrible customer service lol, so yeah a huge part of these forums posts are probably people like me venting. I know it's a futile response but a response done with a small glimmer of hope that they one day see it and understand.

Last edited:
I totally agree. Sorry if I come off as abrasive earlier but on top of being massively ed off by the strange and incomprehensible decisions that FDev seem to make, I also had troubles with ordering PC parts today with terrible customer service lol, so yeah a huge part of these forums posts are probably people like me venting. I know it's a futile response but a response done with a small glimmer of hope that they one day see it and understand.

No need for apologies, I suggest I could have behaved better. [Shakes hand] I'm still cringing that I mixed you up for some other guy.

More bugs with missions. Just got mission to kill some deserter. Interdicted him, killed.
Next pirate i was fighting with that deserter came in I killed him 2nd time and that time it was counted as mission done.

Thanks XloubellXX, I just was thoroughly disappointed in their update note about the patch issues. Normally any other development team would be issuing a paragraph long apology highlighting how they intend to fix the problem and asking players to 'hold on for a little longer' whilst they whip up a new patch. But this being FDev we got the equivalent of 'oh you guys are probably lying, we won't listen to you but we might do our own investigation'
I actually laughed so hard when I read their response I spat out my drink. The stuff they do is beyond a joke 😂

Why don't you mine painite? It's still ok and pays well.
I might try it if I they at least solve the Tritium problem. I don't have billions to fill my FC with fuel but I have over 100 mill, so if they fix hotspots I'll probably come back and try painite. For now though I can't stand to log in and watch my FC slowly consume my money whilst I wait. I only use it to hoard all my ships and modules on and so I can watch it jump around.

Why don't you mine painite? It's still ok and pays well.
And I hope you're right about painite cause the community seems to be scrambling for a viable moneymaker.
From what I heard most of not all materials were effected but I could be wrong as all Ive tested is trit, LTD and VO

I might try it if I they at least solve the Tritium problem. I don't have billions to fill my FC with fuel but I have over 100 mill, so if they fix hotspots I'll probably come back and try painite. For now though I can't stand to log in and watch my FC slowly consume my money whilst I wait. I only use it to hoard all my ships and modules on and so I can watch it jump around.
Try void opals SINGLE spot any where. Also pick any deep cores you will meet. Should do something like 50-60 in 1 hour. This means enough money for a month if suspend all services. Turn services ON only when docked for yourself, for like 2-3 mins, then OFF.

Top Bottom