Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update Patch 2 - Downtime and Patch Notes

Yep, just saw that.

So just to let anyone that sees this know, if you plot a jump with your carrier and you try to cancel it, you will have to wait the full 15 minutes for the jump to cancel, then plot it again and wait a further 15 minutes.

Good God.
I'd be worried if this patch didn't introduce more bugs. ;)

I could be wrong, but I don't believe it was possible to earn 20 billion in a day from the SSD exploit. (Unless it was possible to earn like 16-17 billion to start with, I dunno)

I tested it once, out of curiosity (not interested in big bucks -- got a carrier I feed hand-to-mouth and I like it that way), and it was only marginally more efficient than just searching for SSDs the normal way, and a lot more boring

You had to relog, which placed you at a distance above the rocks and you had to fly back to it every time, or you had to asre around with a fighter (more efficient but still using up some cargo space). It was obviously advantageous or people wouldn't have done it, but I struggle to see how it was a billions-scale money printer. You still had to actually mine the rock. Subsurface deposits are common anyway, there's not much difference between relogging at one rock or just flying till you see the next one, and searching for them is part of the fun to me. Exploits are simply not a fun way to play.

So yeah, glad it's patched, but I don't think the exploiters' excess earnings (made at the expense of their own enjoyment) are anything worth getting officious about.
Figures quoted were in the 900k an hour range. Relogging wasn’t needed as I understand it. Once you had your fighter positioned it was a matter of jumping to the fighter then back to the ship. The rock was giving out around 85t a go. So to make 20 billion you would need at least 18 hours solid mining, without breaks! I would have thought 5 billion a day is more realistic and that is 6 or 7 hours of mind numbing activity!

I believe FDev can set an "average" price that in-game prices will then cluster around.
As it happens, the cause and effect is the other way round.

FDev set up market behaviour which defines purchase and sale prices and the effects of supply, demand and BGS states on those prices.

They then separately set an 'average' which isn't technically related to any of that, but is used to give a value to the goods if they're not obtained from a market - be that as a mission reward or when setting carrier prices.

This patch brings a lot of those average prices back into line with what the real prices were doing, which is generally good. (Polymers are still a bit low, in my opinion, but Polymer pricing is sufficiently weird compared with most other goods that there's possibly no sensible average price to set)

Nope. I think Validating is a DEV name. One item scanned per system in the main. I did a search in game for him and came up blank.
From what I recall, 'Validating' is what's displayed as a default if it can't determine the real CMDR name for any reason. Way back when it was showing up a lot before I think Frontier said it was because console and PC CMDR names hadn't been properly synced up - no idea if that's what's causing the current ones or if it's something else.

No fix for performance/quality settings on PS4? Doesn’t surprise me, it took about 6 months to to fix last time. Console last on the list as always!

Nope. I think Validating is a DEV name. One item scanned per system in the main. I did a search in game for him and came up blank.
They had a FC in Diso a few days back

1593516047444.png

Edit: Lol - checking again a lot of the FC at Diso 2 show up as Validating :D

Last edited:
None of the main FC issues adressed... Outfitting and Shipyard still utterly useless for any kind of trading, due to pricing and these strange "bundles" you have to buy.

Also, even with this fix to the exploit, LTD mining is still ruining the economy (if that still is possible...), payouts across different activities are a joke.

IT'S EVEN WORSE THAN I THOUGHT!

IF YOU CANCEL YOUR JUMP, YOUR IS IMMOBILIZED AND CAN'T JUMP AGAIN! THE OPTION WILL BE UNAVAILABLE AND SAY "JUMP LOCKED".

DO NOT CANCEL YOUR CARRIER JUMPS OR YOUR CARRIER WILL BE STRANDED IN WHATEVER SYSTEM YOU'RE IN!

lol... nice

Great job as usual FDev. When is the next update?

IT'S EVEN WORSE THAN I THOUGHT!

IF YOU CANCEL YOUR JUMP, YOUR IS IMMOBILIZED AND CAN'T JUMP AGAIN! THE OPTION WILL BE UNAVAILABLE AND SAY "JUMP LOCKED".

DO NOT CANCEL YOUR CARRIER JUMPS OR YOUR CARRIER WILL BE STRANDED IN WHATEVER SYSTEM YOU'RE IN!

The game's codebase must be a giant mess. Every update breaks new things or brings back old bugs for no apparent reason.

I guess Melarn has his own nice little carrier already, and doesn't want others to get theirs .. how very 'human' of him .. :°-D
I think it's worse than that. There are certain people that enjoy their way of playing and want to enforce it on others. I guess "misery loves company".

Top Bottom