FPS Combat in Elite will be like this

But possibly more like this:
1581556349660.png

Last edited:
that is a waste of time and recources. there are enough first person shooters out there.

A lot of people who came here to fly space ships agree. I have played FPS's for many years and for FDEV to get FPS done properly and up to the standard of current games would require an entire new team and almost a new game, it would be a huge investment of resources that would basically bring the rest of the development to a halt probably for years. If the new era is a FPS addon basically we would still be stuck with the game exactly as it is now, with legs and a few combat locations, who wants that?

I think it will be first person view only to keep the game immersive. Third person view is nice, but it makes no sense. Maybe a third person view could boost sales of cosmetics. If there is a third person view it should have limitations to prevent cheating. There should be a virtual reality option too.

A lot of people who came here to fly space ships agree. I have played FPS's for many years and for FDEV to get FPS done properly and up to the standard of current games would require an entire new team and almost a new game, it would be a huge investment of resources that would basically bring the rest of the development to a halt probably for years. If the new era is a FPS addon basically we would still be stuck with the game exactly as it is now, with legs and a few combat locations, who wants that?
Nobody. That's why I don't think elite feet will be a tacked on FPS.

ED - Spaceships
ED:Horizons - Go-Karts
ED:Beyond - FPS
ED:Infinity - Candy Crush

How looooooowww can we go?!?

While I want elite feet in ED, I certainly do not want a FPS in ED.
No FPS for me either, that doesn't mean I am against shooting weapons though. For me it's mostly a matter of focus. I don't want Serious Sam for Elite. And even Deus Ex involves too much combat.
Ideally I would love to see a game like Blade Runner, where you just use your weapon once in hours (in terms of game time...). But when you use it it's quite deadly, loud, and a decision that can't be undone.
I don't understand why most games always need to throw countless hordes of enemies at you.

Top Bottom