Frequency Array Diagram

I think all resolved signals should still show a spike in the frequency spectrum, refer to my posted image, that was a resolved signal, and yes it did also show up in the nav panel, but it still shows in the frequency spectrum. I'm not sure about USS's because they do time out and vanish so maybe they are different.

I think what's happened to me a few times is that I had a scenario present when I did the honk, but by the time I got around to hunting for it the timer had run down and it went away. The blip still showed on my spectrograph even though the scenario had seemingly vanished. I have found a few too when they were still active, but when they did run down and fade I still had a blip on the spectrograph, but the (1) symbol beneath it had vanished.

I think all resolved signals should still show a spike in the frequency spectrum, refer to my posted image, that was a resolved signal, and yes it did also show up in the nav panel, but it still shows in the frequency spectrum. I'm not sure about USS's because they do time out and vanish so maybe they are different.

Seems I was wrong in that last post....hmm, doesn't happen often......:D joking, it does all to often.

Anyway, it seems not all scenarios appear in the frequency spectrum. Today I entered a system and honked and the frequency spectrum showed two possible Lagrange Clouds, so I went through and resolved all signals that the honk picked up. However on passing a nearby gas giant while travelling to the Lagrange Clouds a third stellar phenomena appeared in the nav panel, unlike the Lagrange Clouds this one wasn't marked as (Threat 0) so I took some care approaching. It turned out to be in the rings of the gas giant itself and were life forms like the ones in the Lagrange Cloud. This may have been a temporary scenario, I will check next time I am on to see if it is still there.

So, it appears some scenarios will only appear if you are close enough.

I have since returned to the system where the scenario appeared in the planetary ring. It still appears in the same location, but it definitely only appears when you get to within a few ls of the rings. So it's indeed persistent.

Many thanks for the work on the diagram it will come in handy for the early days. Much appreciated.

Fly safe Cmdr's
o7

My pleasure!

=========

@varonica: found two new locations in another nebula in Temple.

EDIT: the first one is pink and the 2nd one is blue, they look daaaamn good :p

EDIT: found new ones in 2 other systems... I'll stop now :D

[SPOILERS BELOW!!!]

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...rom-the-Beta?p=7137400&viewfull=1#post7137400

zRnGmgV.png

Last edited:
I've often used nebulae as end-points for my travel, without spending much time actually in them, because most of them have been tagged to death. (I hate to say it, but tags have been a huge motivator for me, since it's the only meaningful in-game "progress" for explorers once they stop caring about the credits). If they have a lot of new phenomena, that might get me to spend time in them again!

Gone to the five locations in codex for lagrange clouds in the bubble and can't find these clouds.
They don’t appear to be in any nebulae nearby either. I’ve combed through both the Pleiades and California nebulae and found nothing. If I still can’t find any in the Witch Head or Orion nebulae I’ll file a bug report.

Gone to the five locations in codex for lagrange clouds in the bubble and can't find these clouds.

They don’t appear to be in any nebulae nearby either. I’ve combed through both the Pleiades and California nebulae and found nothing. If I still can’t find any in the Witch Head or Orion nebulae I’ll file a bug report.

I'm pretty sure the ones indicated as being in the Bubble are bugs. The Codex is completely bugged and unreliable.

Afaict they are in the two nebulae scouted by Varonica and myself, which are in the Temple region. Haven't seen any report of them being in another region.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the ones indicated as being in the Bubble are bugs. The Codex is completely bugged and unreliable.

Faict they are in the two nebulae scouted by Varonica and myself, which are in the Temple region. Haven't seen any report of them being in another region.

I'm heading out of the bubble to the galactic ....hmm, east? Basically to the first nebula that's outside the bubble sector to see of there is anything there. I believe there was a find in the SC region bordering on temple region but I only heard the report, I haven't been there myself to check it out.

I'm heading out of the bubble to the galactic ....hmm, east? Basically to the first nebula that's outside the bubble sector to see of there is anything there. I believe there was a find in the SC region bordering on temple region but I only heard the report, I haven't been there myself to check it out.

The Bubble Nebula is "west" of the bubble, if you think in terms of Sgr-A* being "north" of the bubble.

EDIT: I tried to make this easy by adding Thargoid compass roses to my maps, including the interactive map. :D

The Bubble Nebula is "west" of the bubble, if you think in terms of Sgr-A* being "north" of the bubble.

EDIT: I tried to make this easy by adding Thargoid compass roses to my maps, including the interactive map. :D

Explaing directions is difficult right. Heading to the Seagull nebula in the Sanguinous sector I think it's called? It was closest to where I was, had to do a detour around the permit locked sectors but nearly there, got kicked off last session and couldn't get back, I think they were doing some work on the beta server.

Top Bottom