Frontier Issues Tracker

OK now that the issues tracker is live, some feedback - it would be nice if we could 'subscribe' to an issue so that we get a notification (e.g. email) when either the status has changed or another user adds a contribution.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Hi all,
Just hidden a couple of posts as there may have been some miscommunication with the topic of Frontier IDs. We'll look to update you once we know more.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I have some feedback about the Issues Tracker;

I think that the font and white space could be optimised so that more issues can be displayed on the screen at a time. It's only 5 issues per page right now. I think it would be helpful to have more issues per page, since that probably enables a better overview of issues, which in turn will enable users to see more easily which issues have been reported without browsing through a huge number of pages.

LOL - so things that aren't popular will just last forever - like the Imperial Clipper whiteout when parked in a station.

Any chance you could do close and unpin this message (as it's a bit superceded by the one that actually has a link to the bug tracker).

Hopefully when we get to the 2020 release the forums will have a link to the bug tracker...

WIll you be importing all of the bugs that have already been reported and not fixed yet or is FDev, using this as a way to clear the technical backlog?

WIll you be importing all of the bugs that have already been reported and not fixed yet or is FDev, using this as a way to clear the technical backlog?
They already said they imported all the bugs they intend to. Periodic clearouts of the bugs area has always happened.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Hey all! Update on the Frontier ID's. The information shared Yesterday was incorrect (Totally my mix up), the Frontier ID's are 'scrambled' so they don't reflect your actual Frontier ID. So a number is still shown but it's not your real number.

They already said they imported all the bugs they intend to. Periodic clearouts of the bugs area has always happened.
What I'm not clear on is if confirmed (the old way, by Frontier themselves) bug reports that were not imported to the new public site are:

1) Fixed internally (to be released in an upcoming patch)
2) Still on Frontier's internal bug tracking system
3) Totally erased, thus requiring us to resubmit those bugs again

I'm waiting until the next patch before I resubmit any bug that I reported using the old system, with the hope that the answer is either 1 or 2 (double-plus hope for #1).

What I'm not clear on is if confirmed (the old way, by Frontier themselves) bug reports that were not imported to the new public site are:

From Paul's OP:
All bugs from before the 25th March are being reviewed and added to internal tracking system when deemed they need to be.
So it could be 1 or 2, depending on the bug.

Voting on bugs, really?

A system waiting for abuse.

I would rethink this and address bugs as they appear.
You should have a time stamped list available to everyone and work through them. Full transparency and no more sweeping stuff under the carpet!

From Paul's OP: "... when deemed necessary." So it could be 1 or 2, depending on the bug.
It's that "when deemed necessary" that's a bit ambiguous. It could be just as likely that someone in Frontier says, "Should we waste time fixing bugs for PS4? Nah!!!" and just deletes the reports to get rid of them. I know that's a grim outlook, but having played on PS4 from the beginning, it feels like an abandoned platform these days, and it would not surprise me at all if a majority of our bug reports were swept into the "not worth our time" trash bin.

Last edited:

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier

I'm waiting until the next patch before I resubmit any bug that I reported using the old system, with the hope that the answer is either 1 or 2 (double-plus hope for #1).

Reports from before the 25th of March have been added to our internal tracking systems. That means they are still being looked into but aren't listed on the Issue Tracker. The Issue Tracker helps track and report new bugs but it doesn't draw a line over old ones. Hope that clears things up.

Reports from before the 25th of March have been added to our internal tracking systems. That means they are still being looked into but aren't listed on the Issue Tracker. The Issue Tracker helps track and report new bugs but it doesn't draw a line over old ones. Hope that clears things up.
That sounds good. Now forgive me for beating a dead horse, but I really want to make I understand. I've submitted some detailed bug reports in the past, to the point that QA has said, "We don't need any more information on this." There is no advantage to reposting this bug yet again under the new system and then campaigning to get people to vote for it. You folks have on your system, and you'll fix it when you fix it, no more effort required on my part. Is this correct?

That sounds good. Now forgive me for beating a dead horse, but I really want to make I understand. I've submitted some detailed bug reports in the past, to the point that QA has said, "We don't need any more information on this." There is no advantage to reposting this bug yet again under the new system and then campaigning to get people to vote for it. You folks have on your system, and you'll fix it when you fix it, no more effort required on my part. Is this correct?

It is better to supply the information twice than not at all. If you are that concerned that there is a slight chance it has been overlooked then just re-submit it. I haven't re-submitted anything on the Python Wireframe, it's been wrong for a couple of years (it was never right). If it's not fixed in the next update I'll just request a refund for the paintjob because with this change FDev will have had every opportunity to fix long standing bugs and I will be able to safely assume they have de-prioritised it.

This new process really is a step forward.

Hello all!
As part of our efforts to upgrade our forums and feedback process, we are excited to share the details of our brand new Issues Tracker with you!

The Issues Tracker is a new website that will replace the current forum system of reporting bugs with one that puts the power in your hands. The new Issues Tracker will not only make it easier to report new bugs and issues to us but will also help make clear to us which issues matter most to you.

Awesome New Features
  • Search for existing reports using keywords
  • Contribute to other players' reported issues
  • Vote Up the confirmed Issues that matter most to highlight their importance
  • See what the Top Issues are
  • Follow all the progress from your own reports on a dedicated 'My Issues' page
How the Issue Tracker works
  • Login with your Frontier Account
  • You report an issue to us
    • The issue will be listed on our tracker in an 'Unconfirmed' status
    • Other players who are experiencing the same issue can contribute confirmation towards your issue
    • Once enough confirmations are received the Issue will be flagged as confirmed and people can begin voting on it
    • You can upload images to help support your case in your report
  • You have 4 votes to spend on issues that you feel are important.
    • Voting on an issue will raise its awareness and importance
    • Votes do not replenish until an Issue is resolved
    • You can remove your vote from an issue at any time
  • You can track the progress of all your issues on the 'My Issues' page and a search function allows you to find the Issues you are interested in quickly and easily
The Bug Report forums are set to be archived. Reports created from the 28th March up until the launch of the Issues Tracker will be added there by us, so we can ensure they are reviewed in the new system. All bugs from before the 25th March are being reviewed and added to internal tracking system when deemed they need to be.

At launch all reports you make will be shown under your Frontier ID rather than a display name but we may look to retroactively alter this to your forum display name in a future update.

We're excited to be launching this new site for you, to ensure that the Issues that matter most get the focus they deserve. We're aiming to launch the site at the beginning of April and will share all details with you once it's ready to go! Thank you all for your reports and support so far!
Some feed back on the bug tracker,

I'm surprise this isn't there but a profile page which stores the users PC configuring so that they don't have to fill in the same details for every bug report is I think this is essential for usability of the site. Couldn't see it on the site.

There also no instructions on how to get DIAGNOSTICS diagnostics, a popup screen that explains clearly how to get this data and when it should be supplied.

You should encourage people to actually write step by step instructions to reproduce the buy by supplying separate text boxes called,
step 1
step 2
step 3

Rather than just having one box where people will be tempted to write a wall of text that your QA staff have to interpret.

Link this better with the forum, so forum and bug tracker have the same profile. Add a link to the top of the forum that link you to the bug tracker.
I think you have a good system, but it needs to be well moderated!

An you should encourage good bug reports by allowing developers and QA testers to give out awards. May be a special bug tracker paint job.

Last edited:
Top Bottom