Frontier, it's time you balanced ALL ships and internals- Size/Mass.

The Conda is underweight by 400 tons. Unbelievable. Wait, maybe it has hidden GUARDIAN technology <sarcasm>

For me i'ts more "don't touch my ship to increase this guy REALISM / Immersion.

Sadly frontier seems to listen too muchg this kind of people.

As much as I also like my ships etc, and I'm not taking sides here but we are all knowingly playing a game that's still in development, is it not fair to say we should infact expect our ships to be touched?

As much as I also like my ships etc, and I'm not taking sides here but we are all knowingly playing a game that's still in development, is it not fair to say we should infact expect our ships to be touched?

Ed is a early acess game? Still in development?

The base game i'ts already finished, the horizons DLC get another year of development and bugfixes called "beyond" that ended in 3.3 - Now the development process will remain if they have another DLC comming but for now we all got what we bought. the game (finished and the dlc also finished).

This don't means that they cannot change the ships tho, im really hope they don't do this just to please some people.

Type 7 has been able to carry more than the python for AGES. What it cannot do is fit on a medium pad, because the ship is too tall to fit in.

Yes I know the "base game" has been officially released as has the horizons DLC but let's face it, that's the marketing/financial side of things, the "COMPLETED" base game still contains placeholders for future development and still really needs it, it was a 10year development plan minimum from the get go, funding reasons means the games had to be "finished" but alas we all know there's much work to be done before the complete package, if we ever get there lol

Like I said, I'm not taking sides, both sides of this thread present really really good points, but what if they "touched" your ship and it got better?

Personally if I were to take sides tho, it'd be the side for a full rework, but not for 100% realism, as stated if we went down that rabbit hole then there's no reason annie couldn't carry 100million tons of gold or fit X modules because-space but I totally agree with things like dedicated ships being better than multi's cause it's just logical

For me it's the modules, with new ones and plenty of them, some medium ships can't currently outfit properly for a role

I really like the slot modular splitter idea and the choice to have 4small pp's instead of one large and things like that across the board would make for a whole heap of new builds but man would that require going back to the drawing board

To that end I'd say the ones pushing for a select balance pass over the biggest culprits make sense, and give almost every ship another class1 internal

For me i'ts more "don't touch my ship to increase this guy REALISM / Immersion.

Sadly frontier seems to listen too muchg this kind of people.

It's not about conforming to any individual's expectations.

It's about creating a consistent system that would allow all ship - both current AND future - to be designed consistently rather than fiddled on a case-by-case basis.

With a suitable system in place, you'd just be able to import data from a 3D model, select a few criteria from drop-down menus - things like a choice of materials for a ship to be built from and what sort of construction tequniques were used (military, cargo, lightweight, inexpensive etc) and select all the proposed module sizes and you'd immediately get a true representation of a ship's stat's.

If FDev are only planning on releasing a couple of ships a year, it's probably not worth the effort (except to sort out the existing mess) but it would help resolve a lot of issues.

Yes I know the "base game" has been officially released as has the horizons DLC but let's face it, that's the marketing/financial side of things, the "COMPLETED" base game still contains placeholders for future development and still really needs it, it was a 10year development plan minimum from the get go, funding reasons means the games had to be "finished" but alas we all know there's much work to be done before the complete package, if we ever get there lol

Like I said, I'm not taking sides, both sides of this thread present really really good points, but what if they "touched" your ship and it got better?

Personally if I were to take sides tho, it'd be the side for a full rework, but not for 100% realism, as stated if we went down that rabbit hole then there's no reason annie couldn't carry 100million tons of gold or fit X modules because-space but I totally agree with things like dedicated ships being better than multi's cause it's just logical

For me it's the modules, with new ones and plenty of them, some medium ships can't currently outfit properly for a role

I really like the slot modular splitter idea and the choice to have 4small pp's instead of one large and things like that across the board would make for a whole heap of new builds but man would that require going back to the drawing board

To that end I'd say the ones pushing for a select balance pass over the biggest culprits make sense, and give almost every ship another class1 internal

Increasing mass and decreasing internals will never be a good thing, no way to this improve anthing.

Yeah, this guy are suggesting to decrease optional slots on some ships because he thinks this is "better" and "real".

For exemple, removing a some size 6 slots from the python.

Monstrous, just add slots to weaker than they should be ships, we have new modules, most ships need a lil buff

Top Bottom