Since the latest release I've had severe crashing problems, something I've not suffered before. I fly in the PS4 Pro and haven't had the problem before.

Gave up after 3 freezes in an hour last night.

I've not even bothered logging in for a while now, between all this stuff and not liking the look of the complexity added in the new updates it just makes me want to pop another disc in the console instead.

Had no problems apart from one controller not working issue....

in fact games seems more stable in open then in previous versions.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Had no problems apart from one controller not working issue....

in fact games seems more stable in open then in previous versions.

Interestingly my experience is completely opposite. This version while it appears copes with other players in the instance well its also for the most unstable for me.

Last edited:
I had a wary feeling that when they announced confidently they'd fixed the SRV bug another one would pop up in it's place. I was all ready for buying some Frontier dollars if the SRV bug was fixed but I'm glad I held off a few days as it looks like throwing good money after bad. I'm not sure if the experience we have as customers has any relationship with stock price, but Frontier does seem to be on a bit of a downward slope; https://www.moneyam.com/shareprice/FDEV I'm glad it's such a nice place to work and they're winning awards but your staff are only one half of the picture. Your customers are the other and I'm now in a position where I wouldn't buy anything from Frontier again. I bought No Man's Sky but never really played because I thought they way they pulled things around and listened to their customer's feedback was great and to be rewarded.

I think ED on consoles is doomed to be broken until the new version of Cobra comes out and that might not even solve the problem (and certainly won't happen anytime soon). It seems Frontier just don't have enough XBox/PS4 dev talent to provide a serviceable game on those platforms. I can understand PS4 as that's a world away from PC (it's based on FreeBSD) but surely the XBox is close? Anyway, now that RDR2 is out I'm no longer anywhere near as frustrated as I was before. I've not bought Spiderman yet, that's getting good reviews and then there's Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima coming next year. It feels sad to leave space behind but the love just isn't there any more. If it wasn't for DW2 (by which I mean the community of people who come along to these events) I wouldn't be logging in any more.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Can't really argue with you L. I was really quite enthused about 3.3 after discovery on the first evening SRV bug was Indeed fixed. It turns out ive played this game for over 1100 hours. I held off putting more money into Frontier wallet too this time around.

The continued inability of FDev to not only not be able to fix long standing issues but, also add very serious new bugs each release tells its own story. I tend to agree they just appear to not have the handle on working well with the PS4. Although to be honest the PC version puts up with many similar issues, just not to the same extent as we suffer on PS4.

Last edited:
I'm on Xbox One and haven't had any issues since the update, other than not liking the look of the colours/lighting around and in space stations. That said, given how much I hate the new exploration minigames I'm still hoping to get RDRII for Christmas!

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I'm on Xbox One and haven't had any issues since the update, other than not liking the look of the colours/lighting around and in space stations. That said, given how much I hate the new exploration minigames I'm still hoping to get RDRII for Christmas!

Yeh it appears the PS4 is definitely the ugly step child of the family.

We're in opposite camps - I LOVE the new exploration tools, absolutely love them, but the bugs (which I personally have been suffering through for a long time now) just kill the game for me...

In fact, if Frontier ever does fix these bugs, I'll make a new signature proclaiming my love for the new exploration tools! [heart]

Last edited:
Yesterday i had a lock-up that lasted for 37 seconds.Today my clock has vanished.Other than that, i'm having a ball.(ps.which century is this?)

Update.
Despite a never ending loop of blue screens, Luna from Frontier support moved my ship, and now I’m free.
No blue screens, crashes or anything.
A. Big thumbs up to Frontier support (Twitter).
B. It’s not as terminal as suspected.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Update.
Despite a never ending loop of blue screens, Luna from Frontier support moved my ship, and now I’m free.
No blue screens, crashes or anything.
A. Big thumbs up to Frontier support (Twitter).
B. It’s not as terminal as suspected.

Just pray you don't find another one. I've had a couple more crashes. Luckily no more loops.

I must have a very special PS4.
While I sympathise with folks experiencing issues, I've not experienced any of this.
I wonder if It's due to my patience... I didn't even try to log in (was busy irl) until well after 3.3 dropped and the servers had settled down, so there's no chance I picked up some minor file corruption which lingers on.

The Squadron filter system on the other hand... disappointed.

The only problem i had was the corrupt data and that i crashed (ps4) but for the rest it is all smooth
Wondering why someone else got all these problems and some others don't

.... I've not experienced any of this.
I wonder if It's due to my patience...

iu

Last edited:
Update:

Bless ye Luna!
Frontier Help on Twitter moved my alt account and it all seems to be working now.
I played on my main for a couple of hours last night and had no issues there either.

Fingers crossed and thanks to Frontier Help for the prompt customer service!

Hi all
Well, after starting to complain on my 2 crashes yesterday, I can see my situation not too worse...
Adding a new easy reproductible one: try landing with autodock computer. Once in station, switch cam to external view and move the cam around: the autodock start doing crazy, like docking backward, crashing to buildings. .. And got fined for it of course 😁😁😁

Top Bottom