Community Event / Creation [Fuel Rats Community Goal] The Big Jump.

Allowing the CMDRs parked at Jaques station a free ride to Beagle Point is a really bad call - and I hope this is not how a successfull community goal would be implemented.

The Distant Worlds Expedition is still on, and we are a group of people in the slow-boat flotilla due for arrival at Beagle Point app. 31st of May. The last thing I would want was to be greated by griefers or reckless pilots when we finally reach our goal after more than 80k LYs of honest travel, effort and commitment. Not only would this impose a security risk for explorers at Beagle Point, it would diminish the accomplishment for everyone who ever travelled that distance and back under their own steam. The 65K LY club would never be the same again.

So dear Fuel Rats - since you have initiated this community goal, please urge the developers to send Jaques Station empty towards Beagle. You can allways have them site the necessity for loosing deadweight in order to be able to make the jump... ;)

No seriously though - this needs to be looked into.

I generally have to agree.

When Jaques was re-introduced to the Elite universe I envisioned hitching a ride every Friday to a new part of the galaxy. Each week I could explore a new area of space, return to Jaques' on Friday and be off again to a new adventure. Sadly, this never happened. The whole point of Jaques was that explorers could hitch a ride each week to a new location.

If I'm docked at Jaques when he makes his big jump to Beagle Point then, rightly, I should be jumped along with him. They shouldn't just boot me out of the station just because Beagle Point is some sacred pilgrimage site. Here's a long-stretch example of why: Lets say I pull into Jaques bleeding air because my canopy has blown. I dock and exit the game without affecting repairs. When I log in again, if I've been left drifting in space instead of being jumped along with Jaques, then I'm dead. I'll never make it to another station before I lose life support.

All of this makes jumping Jaques to Beagle Point a really, really bad idea. The 65,000Ly club becomes meaningless if so much as one single Commander makes it there by hitching a ride with Jaques. Plus ... if Jaques can make that jump in a single go that is really, really, really bad.

If they do this I hope beyond hope that they'll have Jaques make small, incremental weekly jumps on the way to Beagle Point. No matter how they sell it though: Beagle Point just became a tourist destination.
Confirmed no passengers to Beagle Point....

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=245756&p=3846895&viewfull=1#post3846895

Broke away from the Beta to drop off a few hundred tons of H to Jaque. Hope to see him on the move soon. It may be a hassle getting gas to the station as the nearby pools dry up, but at least we don't have to file any stinkin' paperwork. :p

In the trips I took I noticed there seems to be a Fuel Rat NPC anaconda hovering just outside the dock. This some dev-added security to protect the delivery chain? Or was it just some poor NPC stuck waiting for a pad number?

Well, a new mission for the anti-griefer and Explorer protection groups like Iridium Wing ;)
Seriously, while on the one hand people would suddenly appear at Beagle Point, well, the real challenge I see there is ... actually getting back to the Bubble. In the little Trading Adder you just docked with at Jacques when it jumped.

I can't imagine teh station will just jump. More like it will warn Commanders that it might jump in X days/weeks, and maybe will close down some days before jump there?

And ... if it suddenly jumps with all docked ships, we FuelRats would have a LOT to do in the following weeks (yay!), so from that perspective ... :D

Let's be honest. IF Jaques took players to Beagle Point, anybody NOT in an Anaconda, Asp Explorer or DBX will be stuck at Beagle Point. Unable to leave the area.

-Ozy

I wonder what the Community Reward will be? Maybe an enhanced FSD. I can see it now.
"Jaques grateful for the support shown in reaching his endeavors decides to share his knowledge of jump technology." Each person is allowed to buy 1 special FSD [(S rated) which is +25% the jump range of a same class, A rated.] Maximum class sold based on Tier in the event achieved. If Tier 8 achieved then all classes sold at same price as same class A rated FSD.

-Ozy

I know... Wishful thinking, lol.

Last edited:
That Spanish 'suicide rammer' Eagle is still there.

I bought a missile-ship T-6 last night and spent 2 hours blowing him up every time he took off. It turns out the station rebuy/blow-up/clears fines mechanic works both ways: it cost me a measly couple million credits for all the ships the station blew up.

After 2 hours, the score was Badger: 32, griefer: 5
He's not a very good pilot. But, most importantly, he spent a lot of that 2 hours looking at a rebuy screen and getting chased by homing missiles instead of ramming other pilots.

If you want to help prevent people from doing what he's doing, just periodically announce for everyone to remember to keep below the speed limit. Then his trick doesn't work.

Last edited:
While FDev cannot do anything about his flying style, I did report him for offensive language. I cannot understand Spanish, but he did tell a Cutter to "Foxtrot Oscar" in open text (you can understand what I mean, as I don't want to get in trouble for bad language). I hope that he gets warned. I know that some young Players are in the game.

Last edited:
So, people can't hitch a ride to Beagle Point...but can they hitch a ride back? I'm stuck there and can't find motivation to fly back so a ride would be nice :D

I started doubting whether this very lonely Eagle is actually a shared account of some very very lonely and weird people. Could also be an AI almost ...
"Real live is too complicated, therefore I change into a Robot now"

He just rammed me again. 4 pips to SYS, speed 85, only result was another exploding Eagle.
You shouldn't face any consequences if you are not speeding should you? Could anyone harm you if you are coming in at normal speed, I mean besides from Ramming?
Minor problem is that if I drop at the station with my Rattaconda, I often find myself already *inside* the speeding zone, so pulling all brakes would be necessary.

On the insulting language, nice ... hack. (And this is about general basic social behaviour, not only young players :) )

PS. Oh, and the Rats among us can have a leasurely approach to Griefers (bite them if fun, otherwise run) ... since this can happen to them:

Last edited:
I don't necessarily have an issue with people taking on this roll at CGs. It certainly adds to the peril and fun of getting the commodities through. However it needs to be done in the spirit of the game. The antagonists needs to present themselves as some sort of roll play to fit with what is going on at the CG and then they need to converse with other pilots in a manner that isn't offensive. The positive that I see from this individual is that he broadcasts his intentions which is great. There is nothing worse than a mystery plane coming out of the sun killing you dead and never saying a word, that just makes no sense in this situation. As for negatives, this guy seems hell bent on offending people verbally and using bad language which is certainly not in the spirit of the game. He isn't english is seems so there may be forgiveness needed as he may not completely understand that how he is dealing with things is in poor taste.

In summary:
I actually think that antagonists at CGs makes the game more interesting. Makes support teams for the trade ship viable and increases the peril and adrenelin which in turn makes people work as a team, can only be good. But there needs to be some basic rules of engagement such as communicating with targets to offer explanation of intent/terms and support this with non offensive language over coms. Those things given I like the idea of CG antagony.

Last edited:
In summary:
I actually think that antagonists at CGs makes the game more interesting. Makes support teams for the trade ship viable and increases the peril and adrenelin which in turn makes people work as a team, can only be good. But there needs to be some basic rules of engagement such as communicating with targets to offer explanation of intent/terms and support this with non offensive language over coms. Those things given I like the idea of CG antagony.

I am 100% with you there, Father; still can't Rep. Opposition (however low it's statistical CG effects might be due top instances) adds salt, and makes trader protection / policing wings an interesting thing. I was for example stopped by a Vette when I returned to the station in a SuicideWinder to clear off my bounty that I got due to that lonely Eagle. The CMDR asked what my business would be and expressed his sympathies when I explained. he patrolled the area for small griefer ships. We are still in good touch (wave, CMDR! ^,^/ ).
So YES! All for opposition.

But please not in such an overly stupid manner (boom, spawn, boom, spawn, rinse and repeat, no consequences whatsoever) or SDC-reported 3 "Dangerous" Vettes vs. Harmless Adder style. That's just poor griefing.
On the other hand, it's a minor nuisance that just has to be dealt with. Such is life.

Last edited:
Close to 2500 participants, more than 4,5M tons moved.
We can do better ! We can go deeper ! We can haul faster ! We can sell stronger ! We can fly safer !
We can haz cheezbourger !

Last edited:
Top Bottom