ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing Pt.2

they can even just to avoid exploits set some kind of "tax" in player bounties.

Example:

Let´s supose 4 commanders make a wing to hunt a commander that has 1 billion on his head.
we kill him, but there is a "tax" of about, let´s suppose, 20%. So we receive 800 millions, divided between the four of us = 200 millions each one.

But the wanted commander pays 1 billion plus the rebuy of the ship.

I think something like this could be fair and avoid exploiting
There would be less exploiting if killing your own squadron members for bounties (with a wing of four, of course) multiple times had no effect on BGS, wouldn't you agree?
I hear there are some who do this on a regular basis, isn't that despicable?

There would be less exploiting if killing your own squadron members for bounties (with a wing of four, of course) multiple times had no effect on BGS, wouldn't you agree?
I hear there are some who do this on a regular basis, isn't that despicable?

This post is about rewards and contribute with any idea on it.

For BGS related better open a new suggestion thread in the BGS section.

Can confirm Solo Massacre missions have been buffed, Elite in combat I was being offered 30 kills to get 40m reward, used to be more like 81 kills for that amount before so with the increase in bounty payouts it's looking pretty nice.
Wing massacres go up to 50m for 81 kills normally anyway so they are fine as is with the bounty increase
gg Fdev, thanks for this long overdue buff o7

I have a simple question: Why was this "balance" needed at all .... why it was necessary to kill mining, for the sake of the still incomprehensible possibility of increasing the rewards for murders .... the figures announced are not yet specific. It’s not clear at all whether this will be an improvement, but you have already praised the initiative here ...

Because mining was at a RIDICULOUS level. I've been playing since the game launched and did pretty well for myself. After taking an extended break I came back and a friend mentioned mining. For the record I had the big 3 ships with full A engineered items and was sitting on about 250 million. Within a week and a half I was able to MORE than double the number of credits I've made in the game. I made roughly 14 billion credits in less than 2 weeks. That was more than I've made in the game in the last 6 years. That screams balancing issues.

I'm not sure why you are so against other careers being able to make something even resembling a profitable career but this is LONG overdue. A Fleet Carrier should be a long term goal, not something you can grind for a week and easily acquire in Solo mode with 0 risk.

Because mining was at a RIDICULOUS level. I've been playing since the game launched and did pretty well for myself. After taking an extended break I came back and a friend mentioned mining. For the record I had the big 3 ships with full A engineered items and was sitting on about 250 million. Within a week and a half I was able to MORE than double the number of credits I've made in the game. I made roughly 14 billion credits in less than 2 weeks. That was more than I've made in the game in the last 6 years. That screams balancing issues.

I'm not sure why you are so against other careers being able to make something even resembling a profitable career but this is LONG overdue. A Fleet Carrier should be a long term goal, not something you can grind for a week and easily acquire in Solo mode with 0 risk.

yes exactly that was my issue with mining too way to profitable in general and preety much no risk when you go in solo/pg

Shhhh...

Please don’t use the ‘M word’ on this thread, its all been so civilised so far...

😂

And there goes my plan to play on my alt account, slowly earning credits only by bounty hunting...
We're all cursed to be filthy rich it seem o_O
If you avoid RES grind and take on single target assassinations/destroy mission interdictions as you play normally it probably won’t rock the boat too much.

Anyone tried Skimmers yet?

No see, it's not enough they get paid better, they need to see the rich miners and traders forced to break rocks for pennies, if they could be chained to their desks while doing so, extra points.

I have ran several tests this week end, tried just Painite, then Painite/Platinum, Painite/Osmium, Painite/Platinum/Osmium, Painite/Platinum/Gold, and various other combinations. I still get about 38-42 mil per hour depending on the combo. I even tweaked my build to include 2 more limpets, doesn't sound like alot, but going from 6 to 8 limpets changes your pick up rate by alot. So I don't know where the hell these people claiming they are getting 100/mil an hour are getting that, I'm getting to the point where I'm going to demand proof of it because I'm leaning in the direction they are exploiting something or outright lying.
I was actually referring to the miners who've been doing nothing but whine this past week about how FDev does nothing but nerf mining and doesn't buff anything else. As this is direct evidence to the contrary, I was hoping it'd get them to shut up.

I was actually referring to the miners who've been doing nothing but whine this past week about how FDev does nothing but nerf mining and doesn't buff anything else. As this is direct evidence to the contrary, I was hoping it'd get them to shut up.
lol they will never shut up, someone will always find a way to whine about something

If one thing is true of gaming communities, there's no salt quite like the salt of a mediocre player having the broken mechanic they were crutching on taken away.

IMHO, bounty "farming" should get less of a buff than bounty HUNTING. In other words, just shooting endless waves of pirates in a RES should be less lucrative than accepting pirate assassination missions. Because let's face it, there is very little effort in farming a RES once you have an engineered combat ship (I would argue it takes more effort to mine). At least with assassination missions, there is the effort in hunting down your target, and you don't get endless waves of targets coming in and saying, "Please shoot me!" like you do in a RES.

This is just my opinion, and not one I'm going to lose sleep over if I'm ignored. 🤷
You can sleep easy Old Duck. Although you would've anyway.

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

Last week we posted this announcement about our plans for game balancing. Make sure to give it a read for information on the changes that were implemented last week and an overview of our plans.

A lot has happened in the short amount of time since then. We've collected and analysed your feedback and are happy to confirm that Anti-Xeno combat and Powerplay (the most frequent topics in your replies) will be part of our long term plans as well as many other aspects of Elite Dangerous that were mentioned. On Monday we rolled out the Mining and Trade changes described in the post and made some adjustments which we'll continue to examine and tweak as necessary. For now, they seem to have had the expected impact but your continued feedback is welcome.

This past week we've been discussing and preparing the combat changes described in our previous post. The following changes can be expected later today alongside a GalNet article:

Bounties
Bounties from NPCs will see significant increases from approximately four times as much for the highest paying ones to ten times as much for the lower paying ones. Please note that the number of credits shown immediately in your HUD when you destroy a criminal ship won't display the newly increased amounts. This will need to wait until we're certain of the final numbers. Accurate bounty figures can be found in the Transactions tab in your left panel.

Solo Combat Missions
We're also increasing the payouts for Massacre and Assassination missions. Several economic factors affect the pay offered, but we expect these to grant around twice as many credits as before. For now, we've opted not to change Wing Massacre Missions following reports of consistently high payouts from these but we remain open to feedback.

For both Bounties and Solo Combat Missions, the changes will be carefully examined throughout the following days and weeks to review their effects and allows time for feedback.

Next Steps
Next, we'd like to carry out plans to improve the pay from other elements of Combat, including Combat Bonds and Anti-Xeno combat. More information on these can be expected soon in a post similar to this one. The changes are likely to happen before the end of this year and are likely to be the final ones before 2021 where we'll continue by moving onto other areas of gameplay.

Thanks as always for your support and feedback!

o7
Finally some hope...
AX review is a great news ;)

Top Bottom