ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing

Sorry what actual gameplay does unlocking engineers and engineering do? Absolutely none. Everything you can do with a fully engineered ship you can do with an engineered one. I haven’t changed what I do in game since I started engineering ships. I keep hearing this spurious argument if only I could earn lots of cash and get a big ship and if only I could engineer it I would have access to some wonderful nirvana. If you don’t like what the game has to offer with vanilla ships you won’t like it with a fully engineered one either. And the amounts of time I have spent doing what many consider boring repetitive task trivial in comparison to the fun I have had.

Come, meet Mr. Scary and Domestic Violence, two "fully" ENG ships. They would be happy to show you what they can do, that their non-ENG brethren can't! Ha! 👿 Or, maybe my Vette, which I am still undecided on weapons and shields, Prismo for now, but yet it will eat through entire haz res zones without so much as a dent or scratch in the paint, even half engineered.

Months of ENG has gone into these ships, hours upon hours of MAT gathering, trips to the ENGs, testing... and I don't regret one moment of it. However, your so-so ENG ships would die and die quickly. Or, how about my ENG DBX with a good 65 Ly jump range, because of ENG, and one Guardian FSD Booster. Ha! ;)

Mr. Scary.jpg

DM.jpg

Sweet Amber.jpg

DBX.jpg

Come, meet Mr. Scary and Domestic Violence, two "fully" ENG ships. They would be happy to show you what they can do, that their non-ENG brethren can't! Ha! 👿 Or, maybe my Vette, which I am still undecided on weapons and shields, Prismo for now, but yet it will eat through entire haz res zones without so much as a dent or scratch in the paint, even half engineered.

Months of ENG has gone into these ships, hours upon hours of MAT gathering, trips to the ENGs, testing... and I don't regret one moment of it. However, your so-so ENG ships would die and die quickly. Or, how about my ENG DBX with a good 65 Ly jump range, because of ENG, and one Guardian FSD Booster. Ha! ;)

View attachment 197829
View attachment 197830
View attachment 197831
View attachment 197832
No you are confusing doing the same thing more efficiently with new game play. Bounty hunting is the same in any ship. What your fully engineered Corvette does is give you the ability to drop into any Haz Res and blow up any pirate ship with zero risk. Which actually seems like less fun to me, which is why I am in no hurry to get Corvette.
If you spent months mat gathering you are doing it wrong.

Bounty hunting is the same in any ship.

It's not the same at all. If you go bounty hunting in your 'any ship', you'll get shot down. Go in your engineered ship and you have a chance to do it, and if you engineer it well enough, you might have fun.

Wheather that's new gameplay or not is arguable because it's a difference like night and day.

How did you make that much money? 22 ships engineered? You must really love to grind.

Not really. When I blew up ships I found that the stuff they yield is either stolen or disappears and I quit picking it up.

The first two engineers wanted Sulphur and Meta Alloys. So ok, I don't have any and no way to get any; maybe some time if I happen to get any I come back and forget about it in the meantime.

Making money is more important anyway and there isn't any way to make the huge amounts of money to buy the interesting ships. So apparently, I have to go mining because that way, I get rich in no time. Actually no, I found that there isn't anything to mine and get shot down by an NPC for the worthless ton of mineral I had. This game is no fun and I quit playing.

Those are illegal. Why the hell would I risk to get killed or go to detention again? I can't afford the stupid insurance. The second time I turned myself in when I got a fine for an irrelavant offence I was taken to detention already and had to rebuy my ship. That really sucks and is no fun, and I better avoid that risk.

Same goes for combat, and it doesn't even pay for the insurance. The only thing that pays a little is passenger missions, and even if you finally managed to get a ship with a half-way decent jump range, it takes 2--3 hours to do them. At first they are fun if you like sightseeing and then it gets just boring.

What data?

lol

Crystalline Shards? Are there Crystal Entities somewhere that kill you if you come too close?

I have no idea where that is and never heared about it. If I hadn't been watching these lore tour videos, I'd have never heared about it. (And if you watch these lengthy videos, you may notice that the guests he invited all quit playing and moved on because it's no fun anymore and because the game is empty and changing that is not wanted. Apparently they crowd-funded the game and then abandoned it because there was no other way.)

So how do you know about it and where it is?

HGEs? What's that? I only know about Davs Hope because I happened to find a video about it.

I think that is not what Acatalepsy says.

The game doesn't throw anything at you. I expect all information required to sucessfully play a game to be found within the game, and ED totally fails at that. You don't know about materials and engineers other than that they want stuff you have no way to get and you don't know about any place you mentioned because the information is not there, and what little information there is the game fails to present you with.

The only thing you see is that you can do missions most of which are too dangerous and trade. That's it, and it all pays miserably. And I have already done all that in other games --- and actually, all of them were better in that than ED.

It's exactly like Acatalepsy says: "If all you want is to fly a spaceship (any ship will do) and chill, it's wonderful for that. Just don't expect like...gameplay, or the ability to set goals and accomplish them in an engaging way."

The game doesn't give you that. You have to be ridiculously persistent beyond believe in wanting to play it to eventually get there after countless hours of research using external sources and trying to figure out which of the information is still relevant and which isn't. You have to spend more time on research than on playing.

And even after that, I always quit playing because the game is so badly made. ED is a double failure in that it doesn't let you play because the information required to sucessfully play isn't there, and even when you gather information, it still fails because it isn't fun and so badly made that it keeps putting you off.

Perhaps you like it because you got all the information and because you like grinding. I hate grinding (it's stupid) and don't play games that try to make me.

So tell me, where is the actual gameplay that I need all these engineered ships for? When and where does the fun start which could be an incentive to do some grinding for money and for engineering and for ranks?
Wow lots of questions.
What stations give passenger missions to same places? If I tell you are you going to go there and check? Or will that be too much bother too, like Dav’s Hope? Anyway I happen to be in Sawyer Station in Zaonce and found 2 lots of 3 passenger missions going to the same station and that is the first place I looked!

Who says? I do, been there, done that, T shirt etc! You don’t need to deploy weapons to launch heat sink, it doesn’t damage anything or get you a fine for littering or any of the other spurious nonsense reasons you gave for not actually trying it!

The stupid factions are part of the Background Simulation. And by doing missions, trading and combat for those factions you can influence which faction controls the system. Lots of players engage in this and enjoy it, but I expect you would find it pointless and boring.

How did I make the money. By doing combat, trading, missions, passenger runs and mining. More importantly how did you make all that money?! I looked at the thread you posted asking for help on mining and the earnings you quoted were over 15 BILLION credits!! Go back and check the figure you posted if you don’t believe me!

None of the stuff ships drop when they blow up is illegal it is all engineering mats. Ships sometimes drop cargo during a combat. Scooping that up is illegal. If you accidentally do it you can check in your inventory and dump any illegal stuff before you leave the combat zone.

What data? It is scan data you collect when you scan ships. If you are paying attention when you scan ships sometimes they will drop data and a message telling you what it is pops up in your info panel top right of the screen.

Crystalline Shards are biological sites where you can land and fill up on G4 raw materials. Takes about 10 minutes to fill a G4 bin from empty.

I found out about Jameson’s Cobra when I was out exploring, doing a tour of the abandoned INRA bases and did a detailed surface scan of the planet it is on as I was passing through the system. I probably would have found out about it from my squadron mates anyway as I have had lots of tips from them.

HGE stands for High Grade Emissions. Took countless hours of meticulous research to find out about it! Just joking! I used the discovery scanner when jumping into a system not long after starting playing and then looked at the nav panel and noticed things called Unidentified Signal Source! Sounds interesting I thought so I went to google typed Elite Dangerous Unidentified Signal Source and up popped this Wiki article with all the info you could need!

You really should learn about Google you know, it is super useful for finding stuff out very quickly! :)

Planetary scan missions. Yeah they generate a small fine for trespass. Easily paid off at an Interstellar Factor. Why do them? Maybe because it is FUN! And they are a bit risky which all adds to the spice.

Where is the gameplay that all these engineered ships are needed for? There isn’t any. If you are not enjoying the game without it you won’t enjoy it with a fleet of engineered ships. Ok so there is maybe one exception, Anti Xeno combat, fighting Thargoids. You really do need an engineered ship for that.

Last edited:
It's not the same at all. If you go bounty hunting in your 'any ship', you'll get shot down. Go in your engineered ship and you have a chance to do it, and if you engineer it well enough, you might have fun.

Wheather that's new gameplay or not is arguable because it's a difference like night and day.
I had lots of fun bounty hunting in an unengineered Cobra. Yes of course if you are stupid and just dive in and start shooting anything you will get blown up. If you are smart and choose the places to hunt, exercise some judgement about what to shoot at and when it is time to run you can be successful at it.

Wow lots of questions.
What stations give passenger missions to same places? If I tell you are you going to go there and check? Or will that be too much bother too, like Dav’s Hope? Anyway I happen to be in Sawyer Station in Zaonce and found 2 lots of 3 passenger missions going to the same station and that is the first place I looked!

I have been to Davs Hope and have no reason to go there again. Even if you did find passengers missions going to the same destination, I haven't found any. Go to Deciat and check --- though there's always no telling if something has been changed and what used to be the case is no more.

You don’t need to deploy weapons to launch heat sink, it doesn’t damage anything or get you a fine for littering or any of the other spurious nonsense reasons you gave for not actually trying it!

If you can launch a heat sink inside a station or near one without consequences, then that needs to be improved because it doesn't make any sense that you would be able to do that.

The stupid factions are part of the Background Simulation. And by doing missions, trading and combat for those factions you can influence which faction controls the system. Lots of players engage in this and enjoy it, but I expect you would find it pointless and boring.

What background simulation? Who cares what faction controls a system? It doesn't make any difference.

How did I make the money. By doing combat, trading, missions, passenger runs and mining. More importantly how did you make all that money?! I looked at the thread you posted asking for help on mining and the earnings you quoted were over 15 BILLION credits!! Go back and check the figure you posted if you don’t believe me!

You must really love grinding.

It guess the number I posted in the thread is wrong; I must have mistyped it. I posted a screenshot later; it was about 1.5 billion through mining, not 15.

None of the stuff ships drop when they blow up is illegal it is all engineering mats. Ships sometimes drop cargo during a combat. Scooping that up is illegal. If you accidentally do it you can check in your inventory and dump any illegal stuff before you leave the combat zone.

How would you know if things dropped by a ship when it explodes are never cargo? Did you verify the source code? Just go to a RES and pick up the cargo after the combat, and you are likely to get stolen cargo. Like I said, you get stolen cargo which can get you into trouble or materials that disappear. When you don't know anything about materials and what they are for and when you don't see them in your cargo hold, you don't pick up materials anymore. You don't pick the stolen cargo, either because it gets you shot down. And what you call materials appears exactly the same as cargo and is picked up the same way, so when you don't know that some cargo is materials and other cargo isn't, then you expect that cargo to show up in your cargo hold.

What data? It is scan data you collect when you scan ships. If you are paying attention when you scan ships sometimes they will drop data and a message telling you what it is pops up in your info panel top right of the screen.

Huh? Scan ships with what? I've never seen anyhing like that. They drop data? Like cargo or materials?

Crystalline Shards are biological sites where you can land and fill up on G4 raw materials. Takes about 10 minutes to fill a G4 bin from empty.

I've never heard about that before. Why is there no information within the game about this?

I found out about Jameson’s Cobra when I was out exploring, doing a tour of the abandoned INRA bases and did a detailed surface scan of the planet it is on as I was passing through the system. I probably would have found out about it from my squadron mates anyway as I have had lots of tips from them.

I don't know about INRA bases. Where is the information about these things in the game?

What are the chances to find such a place by chance? Basically non-existent.

HGE stands for High Grade Emissions. Took countless hours of meticulous research to find out about it! Just joking! I used the discovery scanner when jumping into a system not long after starting playing and then looked at the nav panel and noticed things called Unidentified Signal Source! Sounds interesting I thought so I went to google typed Elite Dangerous Unidentified Signal Source and up popped this Wiki article with all the info you could need!

You really should learn about Google you know, it is super useful for finding stuff out very quickly! :)

Again: I expect that all information required to sucessfully play a game is within the game. It sucks that I need to keep my computer running and to switch the monitor back and forth between the computer and the xbox just to look up stuff that should be inside the game to begin with. Electricity is very expensive around here, and I just want to play a game and not perform a research project.

Planetary scan missions. Yeah they generate a small fine for trespass. Easily paid off at an Interstellar Factor. Why do them? Maybe because it is FUN! And they are a bit risky which all adds to the spice.

Or you become wanted for doing something illegal and security shoots you down, or you are being taken in detention. I have no reason to take a risk like that. No, that is not fun, it sucks when you have to pay the insurance yet again and have to tediously travel all the way back.

Where is the gameplay that all these engineered ships are needed for? There isn’t any. If you are not enjoying the game without it you won’t enjoy it with a fleet of engineered ships. Ok so there is maybe one exception, Anti Xeno combat, fighting Thargoids. You really do need an engineered ship for that.

That was the point all along: There is no gameplay. ED is no more than a framework for a game that hasn't been created yet.

I had lots of fun bounty hunting in an unengineered Cobra. Yes of course if you are stupid and just dive in and start shooting anything you will get blown up. If you are smart and choose the places to hunt, exercise some judgement about what to shoot at and when it is time to run you can be successful at it.

Sooner or later, you get shot down. Until then, it's totally boring because it takes quite a while for wanted NPCs not only to show up but also for the security ships not to shoot them down before you can, and the more picky you have to be about your targets, the longer it takes.

I have never been able to shoot down an NPC without the help of security in an unengineered ship. Maybe I suck at combat. It gets better when you have engineered your ship a lot and don't get shot down all the time --- and there we are back at the same problem: You don't even get that far unless you're ridiculously persistent in wanting to play this game and conduct a research project to figure how to.

I have been to Davs Hope and have no reason to go there again. Even if you did find passengers missions going to the same destination, I haven't found any. Go to Deciat and check --- though there's always no telling if something has been changed and what used to be the case is no more.

If you can launch a heat sink inside a station or near one without consequences, then that needs to be improved because it doesn't make any sense that you would be able to do that.

What background simulation? Who cares what faction controls a system? It doesn't make any difference.

You must really love grinding.

It guess the number I posted in the thread is wrong; I must have mistyped it. I posted a screenshot later; it was about 1.5 billion through mining, not 15.

How would you know if things dropped by a ship when it explodes are never cargo? Did you verify the source code? Just go to a RES and pick up the cargo after the combat, and you are likely to get stolen cargo. Like I said, you get stolen cargo which can get you into trouble or materials that disappear. When you don't know anything about materials and what they are for and when you don't see them in your cargo hold, you don't pick up materials anymore. You don't pick the stolen cargo, either because it gets you shot down. And what you call materials appears exactly the same as cargo and is picked up the same way, so when you don't know that some cargo is materials and other cargo isn't, then you expect that cargo to show up in your cargo hold.

Huh? Scan ships with what? I've never seen anyhing like that. They drop data? Like cargo or materials?

I've never heard about that before. Why is there no information within the game about this?

I don't know about INRA bases. Where is the information about these things in the game?

What are the chances to find such a place by chance? Basically non-existent.

Again: I expect that all information required to sucessfully play a game is within the game. It sucks that I need to keep my computer running and to switch the monitor back and forth between the computer and the xbox just to look up stuff that should be inside the game to begin with. Electricity is very expensive around here, and I just want to play a game and not perform a research project.

Or you become wanted for doing something illegal and security shoots you down, or you are being taken in detention. I have no reason to take a risk like that. No, that is not fun, it sucks when you have to pay the insurance yet again and have to tediously travel all the way back.

That was the point all along: There is no gameplay. ED is no more than a framework for a game that hasn't been created yet.
Well you have had hours of fun whinging about this game on this forum. I reckon that is worth the purchase price at least. So you ONLY made 1.5 BILLION credits mining. That is still a huge amount of cash. You must really love grinding!
Where are the INRA bases? Honestly can’t be bothered to tell you. You are not going to go and visit them cos it is all pointless game play to you. Same for scanning ships, something most players figure out for themselves in the first few hours of playing.
Form what I can see you are not going to enjoy any of the space sim type games. Eve is a harsh environment for new players. It is open only and other players will hunt you down and kill you even in so called safe zones. Star Citizen if you accidentally commit a crime, like shooting the wrong ship while bounty hunting players will hunt you down for the bounty and they will know where to find you.
Why don’t you find a game you do enjoy playing and go and play that? Save yourself all the frustration playing this game as you clearly haven’t found anything in the game you like.

No you are confusing doing the same thing more efficiently with new game play. Bounty hunting is the same in any ship. What your fully engineered Corvette does is give you the ability to drop into any Haz Res and blow up any pirate ship with zero risk. Which actually seems like less fun to me, which is why I am in no hurry to get Corvette.
If you spent months mat gathering you are doing it wrong.
I have two main passions in this game (besides engineering)... one is combat and one, was, VO Core mining. Without ENG on my ships, my ability to do either with the best proficiency and efficiently would be hampered. And yes, I can drop into a haz zone with the Vette and not even break a sweat. I earned that ability. I can jump about 500Lys in 7 or 8 jumps, toss a Neutron in there and I can make SAG A in no time. Colonia ... not a problem. Checkout this single hop jump from ENG Marco Qwent to ENG Jameson Base below. Sweet! ;) Alignment timing helped too! Ha! And talk about game play... do you know how many Deadly Anacondas I had to fight and beat to get to the Vette? OMG! I earned that Vette more than ANY other ship in the game. My Cutter, which is NOT my favorite ship, with all the upgrades took me several days of VO mining, and each day was like 4+ hours spent hunting down those VOs! There's many ways to play this game I guess. I like the path I've chosen, personally. Exploration you say... that DBX has seen thousands of jumps, thousands of Lys away from the Bubble, discovered countless new systems and planets never before seen. Unlocked guardian tech, scooped more MATS, with NO limpets, than I could possibly count! Takes me from my home system to fight Thargoids at Celaeno in just a few jumps. This game should be called "Elite Engineering" I am not saying my style of play is any better than yours... Elite Dangerous offers a Play Your Way approach, but I couldn't imagine how fun it could possibly be without getting your ships engineered as fast as possible. I will say though, the method of engineering ships in this game is STUPID! There's SO much more they could have done, so many more granular fine turning they could have added than just feeding the ENG Slot Machine MATS and watch the circles spin. I actually prefer the old ENG, where the line would bounce around a bit and kind of give you a feeling of excitement and randomness ... they took that! ENG is now BORING and could use an entire makeover if you ask me!

I am proud of the progress I've made in this game, and even though I've "technically" been playing it since 2015, 99% of my progress has been made this year, since about April / May of this year.

Excuse the flubbed approach to Jameson Base. Oops :poop: Had my eye out for Gankers in S.D, I guess, and wasn't paying attention.

Last edited:
I have two main passions in this game (besides engineering)... one is combat and one, was, VO Core mining. Without ENG on my ships, my ability to do either with the best proficiency and efficiently would be hampered. And yes, I can drop into a haz zone with the Vette and not even break a sweat. I earned that ability. I can jump about 500Lys in 7 or 8 jumps, toss a Neutron in there and I can make SAG A in no time. Colonia ... not a problem. Checkout this single hop jump from ENG Marco Qwent to ENG Jameson Base below. Sweet! ;) Alignment timing helped too! Ha! And talk about game play... do you know how many Deadly Anacondas I had to fight and beat to get to the Vette? OMG! I earned that Vette more than ANY other ship in the game. My Cutter, which is NOT my favorite ship, with all the upgrades took me several days of VO mining, and each day was like 4+ hours spent hunting down those VOs! There's many ways to play this game I guess. I like the path I've chosen, personally. Exploration you say... that DBX has seen thousands of jumps, thousands of Lys away from the Bubble, discovered countless new systems and planets never before seen. Unlocked guardian tech, scooped more MATS, with NO limpets, than I could possibly count! Takes me from my home system to fight Thargoids at Celaeno in just a few jumps. This game should be called "Elite Engineering" I am not saying my style of play is any better than yours... Elite Dangerous offers a Play Your Way approach, but I couldn't imagine how fun it could possibly be without getting your ships engineered as fast as possible. I will say though, the method of engineering ships in this game is STUPID! There's SO much more they could have done, so many more granular fine turning they could have added than just feeding the ENG Slot Machine MATS and watch the circles spin. I actually prefer the old ENG, where the line would bounce around a bit and kind of give you a feeling of excitement and randomness ... they took that! ENG is now BORING and could use an entire makeover if you ask me!

I am proud of the progress I've made in this game, and even though I've "technically" been playing it since 2015, 99% of my progress has been made this year, since about April / May of this year.

Excuse the flubbed approach to Jameson Base. Oops :poop: Had my eye out for Gankers in S.D, I guess, and wasn't paying attention.

I wouldn’t disagree that engineering could do with some changes, but the old system was changed after a lot of negative feedback from players. FDev will never please everyone. Engineers are essentially tune up shops now where you go to have your gear tweaked for maximum performance.

Well you have had hours of fun whinging about this game on this forum. I reckon that is worth the purchase price at least.

No, it wasn't. I'm merely making suggestions how to make it better as feedback was requested.

So you ONLY made 1.5 BILLION credits mining. That is still a huge amount of cash. You must really love grinding!

No, it's not, and I don't like grinding. It took 3 trips into the ring doing boring laser mining, and I didn't like it. There was and still is no other way to make reasonable amounts of money, and it was ok because it yielded enough to finally get some ships. Most of it is already gone --- or invested, if you want you call it that. 1.5 billion is nothing when you buy ships.

Where are the INRA bases? Honestly can’t be bothered to tell you. You are not going to go and visit them cos it is all pointless game play to you. Same for scanning ships, something most players figure out for themselves in the first few hours of playing.

Shrugs. Again, the information to successfully play this is not within the game. Strangely, you don't realise that.

Form what I can see you are not going to enjoy any of the space sim type games. Eve is a harsh environment for new players. It is open only and other players will hunt you down and kill you even in so called safe zones.

Eve is nothing but a scam. It makes you wait endlessly while your character is forced to wait to aquire some ability even just to be able to get a ship, and they expect you to keep paying for it while can do nothing but wait. It's been a while and perhaps the changed that, I don't know and I don't care.

Star Citizen if you accidentally commit a crime, like shooting the wrong ship while bounty hunting players will hunt you down for the bounty and they will know where to find you.

I haven't tried it and it sounds bad.

Why don’t you find a game you do enjoy playing and go and play that? Save yourself all the frustration playing this game as you clearly haven’t found anything in the game you like.

Guess what, that's what I'm doing. Maybe some day when they fixed at least some of the issues, ED may be a game and will be fun to play. I'd really like to see that. If they don't fix them, some hardcore players who like grinding, frustration and boredom might still be there while most people have moved on to fun games.

It has already been announced that there are no plans for ED to support current consoles other than in backwards compatiblity mode. That might tell you something. Perhaps raytracing is not tremendously relevant in space, but how can they release Odessey without it, and how can they not support features of the hardware that make the game load faster and enhance the possiblites. You can now buy ED for less than EUR 8, or at least you could the other day. So it's probably almost as dead as all the previous versions.

Last edited:
No, it wasn't. I'm merely making suggestions how to make it better as feedback was requested.

No, it's not, and I don't like grinding. It took 3 trips into the ring doing boring laser mining, and I didn't like it. There was and still is no other way to make reasonable amounts of money, and it was ok because it yielded enough to finally get some ships. Most of it is already gone --- or invested, if you want you call it that. 1.5 billion is nothing when you buy ships.

Shrugs. Again, the information to successfully play this is not within the game. Strangely, you don't realise that.

Eve is nothing but a scam. It makes you wait endlessly while your character is forced to wait to aquire some ability even just to be able to get a ship, and they expect you to keep paying for it while can do nothing but wait. It's been a while and perhaps the changed that, I don't know and I don't care.

I haven't tried it and it sounds bad.

Guess what, that's what I'm doing. Maybe some day when they fixed at least some of the issues, ED may be a game and will be fun to play. I'd really like to see that. If they don't fix them, some hardcore players who like grinding, frustration and boredom might still be there while most people have moved on to fun games.

It has already been announced that there are no plans for ED to support current consoles other than in backwards compatiblity mode. That might tell you something. Perhaps raytracing is not tremendously relevant in space, but how can they release Odessey without it, and how can they not support features of the hardware that make the game load faster and enhance the possiblites. You can now buy ED for less than EUR 8, or at least you could the other day. So it's probably almost as dead as all the previous versions.
No what was actually requested was feedback on a set of changes FDev are making on aspects of the game that they have had a lot of requests to change, not an invitation for a general whine about what you don’t like about the game.

What it tells most of us is that FDev are not going to force owners of the existing consoles to upgrade in order to play Odyssey.

You could get it for free the other week, sales and promotions happen and are rarely a reliable indication of anything.

I have ventured about 350ly outside the bubble with my FC. No other FCs present.

I am working an icy ring that has overlapping hotspots.

Day one of mining. Mined an overlap is two tritium and one void opal. In two hours of mining this HS, I collected 127 Tritium from laser and subsurface deposits. Many of the roids had two or more subsurface deposits which I started to ignore after I collected 100+ tritium. Only found 1 VO core. Also cracked open two Alexandrite cores (go figure).

Second day of mining moved to an overlapping Alexandrite and Grandidierite hotspot in the same ring. In 1.5 hours only cracked open one Grandidierite core and NO Alexandrite cores. Also cracked open two VO and one LTD core. Also collected LTDs from laser mining and two subsurface deposits (go Figure).

There is a LTD Hotspot in the same ring I will mine next and report the results.

FDEV, you can't tell me mining isn't broken. The instancing of the cores I would expect in the Hotspots is all wrong. These should be increased at small increments until deep core mining feels rewarding for the time.

Also, I suggest reviewing the instancing of subsurface deposits. I really enjoy this mining method over the other two because of the mini game involved. I feel this would improve game play. So increase subsurface deposits of the various minerals and metals more readily available, in other words add more minables to the subsurface deposit lists.

Piracy needs your urgent help Frontier!

Mining balancing had a very negative impact on already crippled NPC piracy.
First bulk trading hammered the stolen good prices (their demand is low or 0), then NPC stopped having valuable cargo in their cargo holds.

Now the most valuable stolen good (LTDs) has been cut by half.
Frontier please take a good look at npc piracy. Either by adjusting what cargo NPCs have or by changing how black market dictates prices.

All goods other than LTDs are always accompanied by very low value cargo, that still has to be siphoned because I cannot choose what comes out from the ship.

Also it would be tremendous to see a consistency fix on disabling the NPC powerplant. Some kind of repeatable way could be nice. Bump stop is very not 3306 :D
Personally I'd love a tether-limpet that would be able to attach after drives are destroyed. It could be both fun and wouldnt require much change in NPC behaviour.

Last edited:
the overall profit from skilled mining hasn't really changed with this update and is still very high - it's just that what you mine, how you mine it, how you go about selling it is slightly different now.
hmmm no. the time invested just to find station buying is killing the thing. beside , prices did change ALOT . So you cant really tell with honesty that the gain are the same.

With current "unskill" (great skill finding core XD ) mining , your average gain/H is 87mil. vs 250mil/h before AND with "sure" station to buy it. Pwa is also still broken , ssd too , so i'm waiting for "skilled" miner.

Remember that mining aim and gain is credit only. thank , o7

Piracy needs your urgent help Frontier!

Mining balancing had a very negative impact on already crippled NPC piracy.
First bulk trading hammered the stolen good prices (their demand is low or 0), then NPC stopped having valuable cargo in their cargo holds.

Now the most valuable stolen good (LTDs) has been cut by half.
Frontier please take a good look at npc piracy. Either by adjusting what cargo NPCs have or by changing how black market dictates prices.

All goods other than LTDs are always accompanied by very low value cargo, that still has to be siphoned because I cannot choose what comes out from the ship.

Also it would be tremendous to see a consistency fix on disabling the NPC powerplant. Some kind of repeatable way could be nice. Bump stop is very not 3306 :D
Personally I'd love a tether-limpet that would be able to attach after drives are destroyed. It could be both fun and wouldnt require much change in NPC behaviour.
The game should have tractor beams. Then you could take out a ship's power plant and then tractor beam in on it and haul if off to your fleet carrier to call yours now, maybe sell on Black Market or part out. You could also ransom the return of the pilot (pirate?) to their faction. You could meet up, ship to ship for captives / money exchange and the game can randomly decide if the faction, pirates, either take their dude(s) back or decide to attack. Game play! 😁

The game should have tractor beams. Then you could take out a ship's power plant and then tractor beam in on it and haul if off to your fleet carrier to call yours now, maybe sell on Black Market or part out. You could also ransom the return of the pilot (pirate?) to their faction. You could meet up, ship to ship for captives / money exchange and the game can randomly decide if the faction, pirates, either take their dude(s) back or decide to attack. Game play! 😁
I think flechette are desined to be this kind of weapon but are to weak right now.

Unfortunatly everything that can be added to piracy to immobilise ships can be applied to combat and may become totaly OP.

tbh it's kinda hard to design good pirate tools here. (unless you have brigth idea :p ).

Top Bottom