Game Discussions Game with most tedious grind....

ok may be time to give it another shot then because that sounds great. Thanks for the info

Rogueys site is a great resource (old and no longer updated but still accurate) but has spoilers :

You have to read up on programming independent traders as its baffling at first, they can be set up to just trade on their own using jump drives as long as you have money for them to buy and sell stuff. They make factory automation easy.

Selling weapons/missiles you produce yourself is a great source of income. You also have unlimited ammo that way.

Rogueys site is a great resource (old and no longer updated but still accurate) but has spoilers :

You have to read up on programming independent traders as its baffling at first, they can be set up to just trade on their own using jump drives as long as you have money for them to buy and sell stuff. They make factory automation easy.

Selling weapons/missiles you produce yourself is a great source of income. You also have unlimited ammo that way.

The swarm missiles were insane fun. I had set up a special factory complex for it so I could go and spam an entire sector clean of pirates as humourous change of pace. I had some corvette or destroyer for that. Looked pretty with all the missile streaks, too.
Equipment was probably one of the best money makes, since equipment docks had neverending demand. No price fluctuations neither, but the rest of the economy didn't seem to take standard fare wares like crazy. After a while everything settled into mediocricity. My major annoyance was the work and capital investment to get ANYTHING running because ECs required crystals and those had a whole production chain overhead. Any production came basically with lots "administrative expense". NPC stations didn't need crystals so whenever a delivery mission for solar cell stations spawned I did them to lower the price for ECs overall. Couldn't be bothered with setting up mining and crystal fabs just to produce Space Weed.
For the missile factory I did tho - I considered it crucial asset.

The swarm missiles were insane fun. I had set up a special factory complex for it so I could go and spam an entire sector clean of pirates as humourous change of pace. I had some corvette or destroyer for that. Looked pretty with all the missile streaks, too.
Equipment was probably one of the best money makes, since equipment docks had neverending demand. No price fluctuations neither, but the rest of the economy didn't seem to take standard fare wares like crazy. After a while everything settled into mediocricity. My major annoyance was the work and capital investment to get ANYTHING running because ECs required crystals and those had a whole production chain overhead. Any production came basically with lots "administrative expense". NPC stations didn't need crystals so whenever a delivery mission for solar cell stations spawned I did them to lower the price for ECs overall. Couldn't be bothered with setting up mining and crystal fabs just to produce Space Weed.
For the missile factory I did tho - I considered it crucial asset.

Start with a silcon mine (selling the stuff) add the rest you need to make it self sustaining by running missions and bounties and whatever over time for the rest, once its up and running making free energy plug in the factories you like for weapons and nukes lots of lovely nukes !!!.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
So we all know this game has lots of grinding to get what you want. Was wondering what other games have a similar or longer grind?
Do we?

You can't beat EvE really. A game that gates content behind actual timescales, not how long it takes you to complete a certain task. Where just one skill can take up to 90 days to train before you can use it.

Runescape
LOTRO
Destiny
Diablo 3

Elite is nothing compared to these games.

This has been my experience, as well. And the experience of most of my colleagues. The answer to your question, though, is my generation (X) created these entitled little monsters. We're the ones (I say 'we' meaning as a generation... not 'we' as in I participated) who insisted on bicycle helmets, participation trophies, grades based on self-esteem rather than performance, etc. All while ultimately devaluing real problems like ADHD by latching onto them as excuses for our children's poor behavior rather than our own poor parenting.
Prove that my poor parenting isnt the direct result of my ADHD. Go ahead, i'll wait. 😉

This is a joke. Im borderline not adhd. Just sayin

I can't remember of any game with a tedious grind I had to endure, mostly because if I have to "endure" something means I'm not enjoying something, so that's not a game for me. As for game with a long grind, yes sure plenty, but it's not a problem if it's something I enjoy doing. First I can think of are F2P stuff like Sky Force and Shadow Fight for Android. Must have done the same fights and levels hundred of times, but I found those strangely addicting so I was fine with doing them over and over to get equipment to progress further.

Can't say for Eve or WoW as I've never played them, but for games like Elite, or X, or any other title that doesn't force the player into a predetermined path requiring grind to progress, I'll paraphrase a common saying: "Grind is in the eye of the min-maxer".

Top Bottom