ANNOUNCEMENT Gamescom Reveals - Fleet Carrier Details

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So... If other ships can dock and use my carrier's services like refuel repair etc, would that open up a new career path? Cornershop keeper?

The hundreds if not thousands of credits rolling in on top of everything else... Imagine!

Great point.

I assume (wrongly?) that any Commander able to land at your carrier would be paying you for those services.

SISKO'S TESCO - NOW OPEN AT HIP 281012!!! OPEN 24/7! 😀

Great news if we can own our own fleet carrier as I've never really been interested in joining a squadron but they're gonna be very very costly. I'm sitting on 6.5 billion credits about 9 Billion in total assets and I still don't think that's gonna be enough

A lot of questions. Of course anyone would try or will get one.

1) Customization? Paintjobs? Nameplates? Any way to make carriers look special or unique? For player groups/squadrons/etc?
2) What will they do, except obvious repair/refuel/moving parking platform?
3) Any kind of interaction with carriers except parking?
4) Would those be persistent?
5) Will they move independently or in usual Thursday morning fashion? UPDATE carriers SET location='Lave' WHERE commander_id='3422342342' ?
6) Will they appear right away when bought or will take some time to construct on only few carrier construction systems (that would be too cool) ?
7) Can they be sold so a new carrier type can be bought? (if it's only 1 per CMDR) if so, for 100% of it's cost?

Questions, questions....

And you have made sure this huge ship have something to fight against ? Some mission to take account it size? some other content scaled to its huge size ? i hope frontier also take account this, otherwise the whole galaxy and opposition is even smaller content wise than it is now.

Last edited:
Are they technically ships or stations? This matters since stations have their own physics bubbles and can interfere with other bubbles, see Gnosis at Meene capturing ships on the planet and dragging them along.
Can they be positioned in the system or is it RNG?
If multiple ships want to be in the same system are they instanced together or not?
What purpose will the support ships serve when you get down to it?
Can the unobtanium fuel be mined or bought?
If I don't have perms to dock at another carrier can I still instance with it?

• In addition, we'll be reworking and rebranding what some of you might know as Frontier Points, introducing them as Arx. These Arx will be purchasable and used to buy Game Extras such as Paint Jobs, Ship Kits, Bobbleheads and more. What's great about Arx is that you will be able to earn them in-game by... simply playing the game!

THIS ! so much this.. Now that's how you introduce an ingame currency for external purchases. with earning them in-game.

Persistence is easily the most important question. If my squadron can use these as a home base without needing the owner to be online, it would be amazing. If not, I'm nor sure we'd even use it.

Hopefully this is where we see space legs applied. We already have player models, just build a static interior with some modular rooms and let us get put of our ships and meet up. Would also be nice to have our ships in bays ready ala SC. That would take carriers from being convenient stions into a total game changer. Would also sell personal cosmetics, your friends would actually see it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom