General wants in Odyssey, basic FPS STUFF without the FLUFF.

There are a number of fundamental things I wish for in Odyssey, obviously without asking for to much crazy stuff. Quite honestly, I do not know how FD will be able to seamlessly (or maybe not) incorporate this into ED. that being said. I would be quite happy with the following from a FPS view point:

1. Two weapons only (Main & Side arm), ammo limited to what you carry or find, please no "non-sense" in carrying 10 different rifles etc..
2. Med-kit / Revive possibility
3. REMLOCK suit oxygen limit (limit to x hours, otherwise find an Oxy refill station, go back to your ship, or die).
4. Gestures (Hostile/Friendly)
5. Direct Voice Comms in 200m radius, or whatever range. chance to negotiate with opponents if they are Player Characters
6. Ability to Pick-up / Drop Weapons & Equipment
7. No 3rd Person view, immersion breaking.
8. No loot boxes (Arx)
9. Use old-age design for Keyboard/Mouse FPS, Translate to console generation, not the other way around
10. You have my best wishes & good luck.

CMDR Jago

Not sure about no. 3. I've had my fill with games that have magic recharging batteries that power your flashlight for less than a minute. Refilling oxygen sounds reasonable, but chances are that too ends in a chore and not a fun game mechanic. We also have synthesis for ships and faster than light travel. Surely there is a way to integrate a thingy in our suits than can recycle air?

I wonder how the game will deal with character death FX.
Explosive decompression and low-g blood-spatter might be nice. Depending on the planet, the last thing you see could literally be your life passing in front of your eyes.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I wonder how the game will deal with character death FX.
Explosive decompression and low-g blood-spatter might be nice. Depending on the planet, the last thing you see could literally be your life passing in front of your eyes.
This raises an interesting point.

The game is currently sold with a PEGI-7 rating; "Game content with scenes or sounds that can possibly frightening to younger children should fall in this category. Very mild forms of violence (implied, non-detailed, or non-realistic violence) are acceptable for a game with a PEGI 7 rating." https://pegi.info/what-do-the-labels-mean

There are a number of fundamental things I wish for in Odyssey, obviously without asking for to much crazy stuff. Quite honestly, I do not know how FD will be able to seamlessly (or maybe not) incorporate this into ED. that being said. I would be quite happy with the following from a FPS view point:

1. Two weapons only (Main & Side arm), ammo limited to what you carry or find, please no "non-sense" in carrying 10 different rifles etc..
2. Med-kit / Revive possibility
3. REMLOCK suit oxygen limit (limit to x hours, otherwise find an Oxy refill station, go back to your ship, or die).
4. Gestures (Hostile/Friendly)
5. Direct Voice Comms in 200m radius, or whatever range. chance to negotiate with opponents if they are Player Characters
6. Ability to Pick-up / Drop Weapons & Equipment
7. No 3rd Person view, immersion breaking.
8. No loot boxes (Arx)
9. Use old-age design for Keyboard/Mouse FPS, Translate to console generation, not the other way around
10. You have my best wishes & good luck.

CMDR Jago
That all sounds reasonable to me.

I really hope EDO resembles FPS games in the same way that SRVs resemble GTA ... i.e. as little as possible :)

Not long to August now ...
Sat morning, one minute after midnight

CapitalScientificDegus-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 257907

D
This raises an interesting point.

The game is currently sold with a PEGI-7 rating; "Game content with scenes or sounds that can possibly frightening to younger children should fall in this category. Very mild forms of violence (implied, non-detailed, or non-realistic violence) are acceptable for a game with a PEGI 7 rating." https://pegi.info/what-do-the-labels-mean

can dlc be sold under a different PEGI rating?

Thoughts about the "jet/jump" pack? Are we thinking jump pack to break a fall as in the trailer? Or a longer burst similar to the SRV low gravity flight?

I suspect just to break a fall rather than climb a cliff. I really want to leap off some mountains though.

A big one for me is NPC integration for any "team based" gameplay (and just to be clear, I mean "team based" in the sense of SWAT team, heist team, not team deathmatch... unless they add that to CQC, but that's a whole other thing).

If the surface combat is going to involve pitched battles like the blurb hints, I hope they give us NPC mercenaries you can hire, just like the SLF crew members, and can direct on foot and in SRV.

I'm a loner in this galaxy. All you other commanders are a nice backdrop, but I don't want to have to drag my friends into Elite or actually talk to internet weirdos in my game, just to access some of the new content 😆

Thoughts about the "jet/jump" pack? Are we thinking jump pack to break a fall as in the trailer? Or a longer burst similar to the SRV low gravity flight?

I suspect just to break a fall rather than climb a cliff. I really want to leap off some mountains though.
Base jumping anyone?

Top Bottom