Glorious HIPs - 3306

Sector 3+4 are down to 25 systems of which one is unreachable, HD 36748 (total 3 unreachable systems).

On the way to some systems 4000ly from the bubble I figured out that of the 38 aa-a systems in the outoppy sector only FOUR have a record on edsm. So I'm squeezing in another expedition with 38 systems to complete those records.

Is nobody exploring anymore?!
I have 174 systems left in the latest list for sector 12. Very slow I know, but most of them are not far from the bubble and have already been visited, just not by cmdrs using EDSM. So it doesn't feel much like exploring the unknown.

Fortunately about the last 25 on the list are much further away and so have less chance of being fully explored.

Still plodding on, I am now also exploring for exobiology so that is slowing me down and also having to spend time with my new co-pilot, training and exercise for a now 1yr old Belgian Shepherd can be time consuming:)

Sector 3 and 4 are down to two systems, HD 86633 and HD 93058. I'm 4200 and 13600ly away, I'm going to ride the neutron highway all the way.

There is going to be a rest stop at the guardian ruins in the eta carina nebula including a couple of 2mass systems. This is going to be quite the trip.

Sector 3 and 4 are down to two systems, HD 86633 and HD 93058. I'm 4200 and 13600ly away, I'm going to ride the neutron highway all the way.

There is going to be a rest stop at the guardian ruins in the eta carina nebula including a couple of 2mass systems. This is going to be quite the trip.

HD 86633 has 38 bodies according to EDSM. HD 93085 was visited by me and has 18 bodies on EDSM. Not sure why ithey are on your list.

Best check before you go !

I did not check if any of the systems were scanned for edsm, I just worked on the list. HD 86633 was done in the late morning and the other one will be visited today.

On the way there I just found my 6th stratum so its worth it. :)

Completed up to and including HD 205169.

Took a quick break to empty the accumulated odds and ends in my carrier.
There are other sectors availale on the spreadsheet, eg anything between 5 and 10.

I just took another look at the ss and it is quite out of date, plus the distance to sol calculations look to be quite wrong in many cases.
So I will have a go at updating it "soon". I am away for the next week so will be at least a couple of weeks before I can do it.

I am slowly getting through sector 12, but very slowly as I am collecting biosamples and exterminating crashed drug dealers on the way.

I am slowly getting through sector 12, but very slowly as I am collecting biosamples and exterminating crashed drug dealers on the way.
Got about 50 left on sector 1 then I will pick another sector.

Slowly plodding up the exobiology ranks and just sold enough escape pods to keep a station in burgers for years:)

And the wreck of the Persephone in Hip 84326.

HIP 84326 was first visited in 2016, so it may be that it hasn't been visited in the last few years before the listening post was found and ground POI's were implemented in Odyssey, so not finding that wreck may be assumed to be normal, it certainly may not have been there in 2016, and the listening post also may not have been there.

HIP 84326 was first visited in 2016, so it may be that it hasn't been visited in the last few years before the listening post was found and ground POI's were implemented in Odyssey, so not finding that wreck may be assumed to be normal, it certainly may not have been there in 2016, and the listening post also may not have been there.
The wreck appears to be identical to those added during the Horizons period, no Odyssey assets.

I had to take a break (1), but have now got a bit more free time, still working on sector 1.

(1) heart problems - stent fitted, may have to retire slightly early due to possible driving licence restrictions.

I had to take a break (1), but have now got a bit more free time, still working on sector 1.

(1) heart problems - stent fitted, may have to retire slightly early due to possible driving licence restrictions.

Glad you are good, early retirement not a problem, did it myself, keep yourself healthy, that's the important part!

Look after yourself, no rush for sector 1. I am having a break from sector 12 atm, but will be back soon to finish it. Still more sectors to check.
I came across an HIP recently that was not in EDSM, but EDSM had previously returned a "first visited" value. Presumably it had been cleaned up at some point.

Forgot to tell you Im finished with sector 3 and 4.

Continuing with sector 8+9.

/second hip system: nothing mapped, no ff. this is going to be interesting :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom