Halloween Two Sentence Horror Competition

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing. Doubting...Thinking I should probably have bought more fuel before venturing out...

Halloween Competition 2023.png

All Hallows Eve doth creep closer towards us like a Scythe trying harvest fresh victims. To celebrate the most spooky of seasons, we're giving you the chance to win a hauntingly good prize!

A G321CUV 4k Curved Gaming Display!

To be in with a chance of winning you must perform the following incantation...

Two Sentence Elite Dangerous Horror Story
  • In just two sentences make up a ghastly Elite Dangerous story.
  • The story can be about anything you wish, as long as it in some way connects to Elite Dangerous (i.e. Space madness: good, A unicorn named Jim: bad)
To submit them:
  • Tweet them to us with #EliteHalloween and #TwoSentenceHorror
OR
  • Post them as a reply in this thread

Rules
  • Please ensure all content of your story complies with the forum and Elite Dangerous rules
  • Competition closes 11:59PM UK time on 22nd October 2023
  • Entries are limited to UK, Canada, Europe (excluding Russia) and the United States of America.

While the intrepid explorer clocked up another thousand miles into the void, desperately seeking something new, never seen before, his console beeped and displayed the message "Your mother needs help in the bubble with an infestation of mile high Thargoid structures". "Damn" he thought, as he turned his ship around, "She has all the luck".

She'd dreamt of open space for her entire life, of the vast empty voids and the hidden, distant worlds she would discover and explore, and now she was out here deep into the black, alone, she grew afraid.

Only now does she think about about the long, arduous, lonely journey back to Earth, but she knew it was too late, she had seen the news on Galnet: Earth was gone.

Last edited:
Shadows abound and footsteps echo on the ground that breathes a green mist, whilst sweat and hot breath obscure my vision. Movement and beams of light stir down the vein-like corridor and I line up the nightsight on my Oppressor, yet when the light falls on me all I know is ... game over.

As Commander Valeria approached an abandoned derelict station in the desolate reaches of the Pleiades, eerie whispers suddenly echoed through her cockpit, and ghostly apparitions flickered on her screens... The mysterious station's dark secrets beckoned, ensnaring her in a chilling nightmare where the line between reality and the supernatural blurred, leaver her trapped in a spiral of fear and isolation...

As you delved deeper into the void of space in your Elite Dangerous ship, the terrible Thargoids emerged from the shadows, their eerie, insect-like vessels closing in. Panic gripped you as you realized there was no escape, and the haunting scream of your ship's alarms echoed through the abyss as they closed in for the kill.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing. Doubting...Thinking I should probably have bought more fuel before venturing out...

View attachment 370851

All Hallows Eve doth creep closer towards us like a Scythe trying harvest fresh victims. To celebrate the most spooky of seasons, we're giving you the chance to win a hauntingly good prize!

A G321CUV 4k Curved Gaming Display!

To be in with a chance of winning you must perform the following incantation...

Two Sentence Elite Dangerous Horror Story
  • In just two sentences make up a ghastly Elite Dangerous story.
  • The story can be about anything you wish, as long as it in some way connects to Elite Dangerous (i.e. Space madness: good, A unicorn named Jim: bad)
To submit them:
  • Tweet them to us with #EliteHalloween and #TwoSentenceHorror
OR
  • Post them as a reply in this thread

Rules
  • Please ensure all content of your story complies with the forum and Elite Dangerous rules
  • Competition closes 11:59PM UK time on 22nd October 2023
  • Entries are limited to UK, Canada, Europe (excluding Russia) and the United States of America.
As usual the rest of the world does not exist. Why not NZ and Australia?

The three superpowers had funneled the commander into a room for a classified briefing on who the biggest threat to the galaxy was.
The dark narrow room had an object at the far end, and as the commander drew closer, the lights turned on, revealing a mirror.

As usual the rest of the world does not exist. Why not NZ and Australia?
Tends to be legal reasons, giveaways have to abide by local laws, which the agency that they use to send the giveaway out just do not do business in areas because of that.

Stories across the bubble had always been told about how life-changing and handy telepresence holograms were for having an extra pair of hands help out with bounty hunting, exploring and mining throughout the galaxy.

Until the CMDR, safe and sound in their cockpit seat, felt the cold hands of their 'hologram' wrap around their neck from behind.

Reardon gently smiled at the picture of Catarina on her last birthday, lit in turns by the pulsing alarm strobes and the violent whips of energy from the White Dwarf. He cried and wailed for a moment cursing his lack of patience, but then calmed again, managing to whisper “I’ll always lo..” before the Cobra’s ailing superstructure gave way, crushed to the size of a penny in gravity’s merciless fist.

His first interstellar journey was longer and more exhausting than he ever anticipated, but at last his ship was nearing destination and he eagerly watched regular metal angles of space station sparkling ever closer against the the tapestry of distant stars.
He fantasized about all the things he would do when finally able to disembark, when emergency shuttle has been dispatched from the station to greet him, as for some reason they were not able to hear his answers to their radio calls and station sensors could not detect any life signs onboard ancient derelict drifting on collision course.

After the last FSD jump, Im now in the deepest darkness of nowhere near LHS 3447, my hands start to shake on the joystick of my Viper mk3, for I hear something behind me in the cockpit that is frightening me to the bone. A slow and very low voice is calling me, so I take a deep breath and slowly turn my head behind, then I saw it... Grandma forgot to attach herself!

Last edited:
Top Bottom