Halloween Two Sentence Horror Competition

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing. Doubting...Thinking I should probably have bought more fuel before venturing out...

View attachment 370851

All Hallows Eve doth creep closer towards us like a Scythe trying harvest fresh victims. To celebrate the most spooky of seasons, we're giving you the chance to win a hauntingly good prize!

A G321CUV 4k Curved Gaming Display!

To be in with a chance of winning you must perform the following incantation...

Two Sentence Elite Dangerous Horror Story
  • In just two sentences make up a ghastly Elite Dangerous story.
  • The story can be about anything you wish, as long as it in some way connects to Elite Dangerous (i.e. Space madness: good, A unicorn named Jim: bad)
To submit them:
  • Tweet them to us with #EliteHalloween and #TwoSentenceHorror
OR
  • Post them as a reply in this thread

Rules
  • Please ensure all content of your story complies with the forum and Elite Dangerous rules
  • Competition closes 11:59PM UK time on 22nd October 2023
  • Entries are limited to UK, Canada, Europe (excluding Russia) and the United States of America.

Last edited:
I was about to enter in another system of the Pleiades sector.

Suddenly, I've been hyperdicted, I was unable to move because of an EMP, a Thargoid Interceptor was slowly approaching, it was the end for me...

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing. Doubting...Thinking I should probably have bought more fuel before venturing out...

View attachment 370851

All Hallows Eve doth creep closer towards us like a Scythe trying harvest fresh victims. To celebrate the most spooky of seasons, we're giving you the chance to win a hauntingly good prize!

• The story can be about anything you wish, as long as it in some way connects to Elite Dangerous (i.e. Space madness: good, A unicorn named Jim: bad)
To submit them:
OR

Rules
  • Please ensure all content of your story complies with the forum and Elite Dangerous rules
  • Entries are limited to UK, Canada, Europe (excluding Russia) and the United States of America.
I flew alone, in a closed universe. I looked behind me, the square was open.

This is bad I thought, as the airlock opened and a unicorn named Jim entered my ship, the realisation that space madness is good and I AM GROOT!

He had never felt more relaxed as Aisling massaged his aching muscles, paying particular attention around his upper thighs.
As he awoke the horror dawned on him, it wasn’t Aisling, it was Zemina….

View attachment 370851

To submit them:
OR

Rules

Standing alone staring vacantly out at the stars glinting on the backdrop of black, face lit by the blue glow of a white dwarf, she wondered why she could hear someone breathing. She was sure she killed them all.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: ]M[
My English is a little bad, I hope I make myself understood.

A horror story of real events.

It all began on a June day. I had planned to make preparations to obtain the engineer who requested an occupied escape capsule. I started by going to conflict zones like the navigation beacon. I managed to get 5 capsules at that site, but I didn't make much progress. So, I decided to go to a high-risk extraction site in Agarda. Upon entering the location, I realized something was wrong because I couldn't find any NPCs, and it was eerily quiet. After 10 minutes, I encountered the first NPC, a miner, so I ignored them. One minute later, as I distanced myself from the NPC, I noticed that there was no one on the radar. However, three peculiar ships appeared with a message that said, "Today we come to purge your sins." I was surprised by the message because it was the first time I had heard something like that from an enemy.

As I prepared to attack the three targets, I noticed that my weapons didn't inflict much damage, and suddenly the radar went crazy, showing multiple ships around me. This made me worried, so I decided to escape since I was clearly outmatched. Upon returning to the station, I asked my guildmates if they had experienced something similar, and they said they hadn't. The most likely explanation was an "error." I trusted their information and headed back to the location to confirm if it was indeed an error. When I entered, I saw both pirate and miner ships, which made me think that everything before was a glitch. However, I was mistaken because 20 minutes after hunting pirates, the place went empty again, and looking at the radar, I began to worry about experiencing the same situation as before.

On the radar, four ships appeared, but there was something strange about them. The previous three were "krait," but these were "fer-lan-ce." They initiated with their dialogue, "We are the riders of death, and we are here to purge your sins." I began to fight, but they disabled my shields and engines. So, I prepared to deploy my support pilot as bait to escape, but meters ahead, the three krait ships with skull decals reappeared and severely damaged my corvette. The map started glitching, and I saw it filling up with enemies, which caused me to worry as I didn't want to die. My nervousness and desire to survive overwhelmed me, preventing me from thinking clearly. I released one of the capsules I had in the hope it would deter them, and it worked to some extent, but some continued to attack me. I began charging my FSD (Frame Shift Drive), but the enemies called the "riders" had slowed down the charge. Every time I distanced myself, they got closer, uttering phrases like, "Today you'll meet your creator, and it won't be God." Reading this dialogue instilled fear in me, and my determination grew stronger. I managed to escape with only 7% of my life remaining, and I reached the station, never to attempt to enter that place again.

It's up to you to believe the story or not, but those enemies were tougher than the special forces of any faction.

I was sound asleep having a nice dream and then I woke up realising I was in a pod of some kind with tubes attached to me.
As I looked out of the pod's viewport I saw a horrifying sight, a Thargoid staring back at me, before losing conciousness again.

In the darkest corner of the abandoned laboratory, an eerie whisper beckoned from the shadows, and I shivered as I realised the experiments conducted here had unleashed something malevolent, lurking just beyond our comprehension. Its chilling laughter echoed through the desolate halls, a reminder that our curiosity had unleashed a relentless and vengeful entity into the world.

As I crawled away from an asteroid belt deep in the Beyond of the Hipparcos Basin, I stood horrified as putrid a humanlike figure straggled by.

A cold chill ran down my spine as the ship wailed alive: CARGO SCOOP DEPLOYED, while I stood frozen by the cockpit door, staring away at the ship's console.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: ]M[

View attachment 370851

To submit them:
OR

Rules

He saved all of his credits ‘til he could only just pay. He bought the imperial cutter and flew into shinrata; he forgot that he was in open play.

Top Bottom