Ships Hardpoints loadout Chieftain

I myself am running:

1 size 3 gimballed Pulse Laser rapid fire
1 size 3 Plasma A Accelerator (Can't decide on long range or sturdy)
1 size 2 Wolf-Pack rounds with high capacity and drag munitions
3 size 1 Railguns with short range and super penetrate

The Chieftain's hardpoints have great lines of sight for fixed weapons, heat management is better than I expected, when you really engineer every nook and cranny on this thing it's a real fun ship to fly.

That sounds murderous. How is the heat/energy on that? I was using two large beam lasers but the heat and energy consumption was too high

I'm using 3 small rails (long range) and 3 efficient PAs. It's really working out beautifully. I was worried that the hitscan and kinetic travel weapons together would be obnoxious. But, it's the opposite. In maneuvers, what happens is that one or the other targeting set is in position, and they switch up enough that I'm not just over using one set.

So far, the agility combined with the hardpoint placement and loadout feels like cheating it's so good.

Got 2 large beams and the rest missle racks because its fun. I will however change that to engineered multi cannons. But first i need a better fsd so its off to maia for me.

Has anyone tried Focused PA’s om the two large hardpoints on the Chieftain? I have always mostly used Multicannons, Pulse Lasers and Cannons, but I am eager to try to learn to use PA’s effectively, and I would really love to have that extra shot speed without adding to the weight like Long Range does.

I have maxed out DD thrusters on the ship, and I am going to have to overcharge the power plant (6A of course) a bit, but I can use the special effect that lowers the heat genetation quite a bit. The shield is Enhanced Low Power to get the power cunsumption down, and because less power = less heat. I also want the weight loss. At the same time I’m increasing the thermal resistance with boosters.

I can’t decide what to do with those two PA’s :). I am mostly worried about the heat.

Last edited:
I'm using 2 large multis with OC and autoloader, 1 med multi with high cap and corrosive and 3 long range small beam laser

And since i can stay close to my target i may go with all short blaster mod

I'm using 3 small rails (long range) and 3 efficient PAs. It's really working out beautifully. I was worried that the hitscan and kinetic travel weapons together would be obnoxious. But, it's the opposite. In maneuvers, what happens is that one or the other targeting set is in position, and they switch up enough that I'm not just over using one set.

So far, the agility combined with the hardpoint placement and loadout feels like cheating it's so good.

I have the same 3 efficient PA’s now, but I am not feeling good enough to not have something gimballed for irritating small fighters, so I have beam lasers on the 3 small hardpoints. When I get better I’ll probably change them to rails.

It’s a very fun ship to fly.

2 large fixed efficient beams with regen sequence,
1 medium fixed efficient pulse with concordant sequence,
3 small long range rails with plasma slug

It's a pure PvE haz res build for wing bounty hunting.

I have the same 3 efficient PA’s now, but I am not feeling good enough to not have something gimballed for irritating small fighters, so I have beam lasers on the 3 small hardpoints. When I get better I’ll probably change them to rails.

It’s a very fun ship to fly.

This is my problem. I am running the fairly standard 3 x PA's & 3 x Rails. The only time I have taken a beating is taking on a FGS and 3 Vipers. I took down the FGS fairly easily but the 3 Vipers made a mess of me. Until I improve with fixed weapons, wings of small fast ships are gonna be tough. I kinda expected this however - I am mostly used to running gimballed lasers/MC's on an Anaconda/Corvette!

Of course, the big ships are easy meat in this thing! It's not even fair.

Tiny_Rick

Banned
This is my problem. I am running the fairly standard 3 x PA's & 3 x Rails. The only time I have taken a beating is taking on a FGS and 3 Vipers. I took down the FGS fairly easily but the 3 Vipers made a mess of me.

This is my quandary as well against Vipers, but only in CZs. I have:

- 2 LR Multi-servo PA's,
- 1 med TC seeker
- 3 small Overload seekers

It wrecks against Vultures and above, but I'm out of missile ammo by the time I drop a Viper's shields. This is simply a git gud issue with me and the PA's, though.

I've been using 2 large g5 efficient beams with thermal vent and 4 g5 long range railguns with super pen. With 4 pips I can fire the beams and my distributor (G5 charge enhanced) actually refills faster than the beams drain. Heat use to be an issue but the thermal vent on the beams keeps my windows frosted most the time.

So far i'm having a blast with
2 large focused, oversized pulses, (doing most of the work)
2 shortrange, oversized enforcer cannons (chewing through the hull)
1 high capacity corrosive enforcer cannon (can't digest hull without saliva, can you?)
and a medium flechette launcher (considerring swapping over to a fragment cannon, as i ram ships frequently. for now it serves as an occasional pvp weapon, or fireworks amongst friends… who i don't have)

I had great fun with three Cytoscramblers (efficient, use almost no capacitor anymore), two large corrosive frag cannons to melt the hull and a Pack Hound launcher with drag munitions to counter more agile ships and cripple the less agile ones to get in range. It eats Anacondas so fast it's almost unfair.

I generally hate asymetrically damage setups, I used to go all in on multicannons, then I discovered efficient beams :)
The wierd (but strangely fantastic) setup on the chieftain just begs to mix and match.
This is what I’ve ended up with:

One large beam (efficient gr 3)
One large multicannon (overcharged gr 3 with corrosive)
Three small beams (efficient gr 3 - one of them with thermal vent, really good btw)
One medium multicannon (overcharged gr 3 with thermal damage effect)

I have two setups
A). One large beam + three small beams
B). One large beam + one large multi + one meium multi + one smal beam (with thermal vent)

For small targets I use A beams only - everything melts in seconds and I don’t spend ammo

For elite targets (high hull resistance targets), medium and large targets I melt the shields with A and switch to B when shields are down for ekstra hull damage.

I find it important to have a medium and large multicannon for the better penetration on hulls.

The three small beams and one large beam is sufficient for any shield setup (pve) that I’ve encountered so far

The setup is pretty energy efficient and heat generation is kept down by the thermal vent.
Is your weapon set up gimballed or fixed ?? Bit of both ??

The next Chiefyboi I load out is going to have:
1 large overcharged plasma accelerator
1 large burst laser turret, maybe gimbal?.. (with the inertial whatever, probably sturdy mount)
3 small burst laser turrets (also with inertial whatever and whatever)
1 pack hound (idk what mod yet)

My High Resource Extraction Bounty Hunting Loadout is
1x Large Plasma Accelerator - Efficient
1x Large Fragment Cannon Gimballed - High Capacity - Corrosive
1x Medium Seeker Missile Rack - High Capacity - Drag Munitions
3x Small Pulse Lasers Gimballed - Rapid Fire - Multi Servos

Or I swap out the 3x Small Pulse Lasers for 2 Smalls and One Medium while removing the Missile Rack.

Large OC incendiary Pacifiers, small OC force shell cannons on one trigger.

Whatever you like on the medium. I have an imp hammer.

Top Bottom