Hey Cmdr! Why don't you have a cool paint job?

I asked why they should, you haven't answered that.
But of course that's a rethorical question: every company sets the price for their product however they want. As long as they aren't breaking any law, there is nothing wrong about their pricing, sales or marketting policies. You are free to make you own assessment regarding the product's quality with relation to its price, like every consumer should, but to claim that Frontier aren't supposed to be able to sell whatever additional content for their product for whatever additional price is ridiculous. I can't remember Frontier advertising free of charge paintjobs, so who cares if this is a "full" price or F2P game? If you want the paintjobs, and Frontier don't want to give them away for free, you buy them, you grind them, or you make do without them. There's no should involved, it's a simple price/value proposition.

Where did you see in post that I was talking about legalities? I did not say that I am gonna sue them for false advertising either, so I do not really see the point of bringing up these irrelevant points to the discussion. I did answer ... they should because that is how a good game should be. No predatory monetisation or practices should be in any game and no game dev should force players (directly or indirectly) to pay insane amount money for a skin. Simply because the law does not prohibit something, does not make it right or wrong. Once again, I am not debating whether I am free to make choices or the legality of what they doing so do not sway the conversation this way.

It also really doesn't help when he's grossly exaggerating the actual time to obtain these things. If a ship kit is 13k arx that's 32 weeks of just playing the game normally and presto, every year you get a free ship kit and paint job worth of the stuff like it's a christmas present or annual bonus.
No it is not. Nobody is going to consistently come even close to the cap on a weekly basis.

What an analogy! People paid full price for the cup of coffee, so they are allowed to drink it without paying any extra money.
Are you pretending you cannot play Elite Dangerous without paying additional money?

Did you really think you had a good point there?

No it is not. Nobody is going to consistently come even close to the cap on a weekly basis.
I have, mostly just playing on Sunday afternoon and Friday night.

I'm just one person, of course, but that still makes you wrong.

I guess it's hard to earn ARX just posting on the forums, huh?

Are you pretending you cannot play Elite Dangerous without paying additional money?

Did you really think you had a good point there?

What you're saying is that the shop asks me to leave few sips unless I pay extra. So technically I can drink the coffee but not the whole cup.

What you're saying is that the shop asks me to leave few sips unless I pay extra. So technically I can drink the coffee but not the whole cup.
Where did I say anything like that? Where does Elite Dangerous do anything remotely similar to that?

Work on your reading comprehension. Stay in school kids.

Honestly, do some people walk into a coffee shop and expect that they'll just get a free coffee for showing up?
Sorry to say, but yes, some do...and more than a coffee...it's the generation of instagramers, so called "influencers" and just entitled people who expect free stuff all the time.
Sad state of affairs.

What an analogy! People paid full price for the cup of coffee, so they are allowed to drink it without paying any extra money.
And if they want more things added to their breakfast experience usually they need to go back and pay for it. Sometimes they have creamers and stuff free but if you want a scone you're gonna pay.

The game is currently giving you free creamers that you can save up and trade in for a scone.

Where did I say anything like that? Where does Elite Dangerous do anything remotely similar to that?

Work on your reading comprehension. Stay in school kids.
I suggest you go back to school, if you have ever gone to one (since you resorted to personal attacks ... see that's easy). Arguing that I can technically play ED without paying extra is like drinking any amount of the coffee cup but not the whole cup. These are part of the game and accordingly I should not be charged to pay for them or do some work for the coffee shop owner to be allowed to drink the rest.

And if they want more things added to their breakfast experience usually they need to go back and pay for it. Sometimes they have creamers and stuff free but if you want a scone you're gonna pay.

The game is currently giving you free creamers that you can save up and trade in for a scone.
We can argue forever with these analogies tbh. I can argue that if I buy a coffee I can get sugar and skins are sugar.

I suggest you go back to school, if you have ever gone to one (since you resorted to personal attacks ... see that's easy). Arguing that I can technically play ED without paying extra is like drinking any amount of the coffee cup but not the whole cup. These are part of the game and accordingly I should not be charged to pay for them or do some work for the coffee shop owner to be allowed to drink the rest.
No it's not.

Cosmetics have always been accepted as non-gameplay items.

The rest of the world works this way too.

You want a thing? Buy the thing. You want more related things that work with the thing? Guess what! You can buy those too!

You want hot water at your faucet, buy a water heater. You want hot water at the faucet without WAITING for it? Buy a hot water recirculation pump, install the third line and adapters and it'll constantly circulate hot water up to your sink so it's available instantly.

More features have never ever been guaranteed to be free.

Just be lucky that in this case the features that aren't free are limited to an expansion (pretty standard) and cosmetic items that do zero to change gameplay.

We can argue forever with these analogies tbh. I can argue that if I buy a coffee I can get sugar and skins are sugar.
Point is the analogy is stupid all around.

But if you insist: they aren't gonna let you trade in your sugar packets for a scone. Arx is the sugar that does let you do it. So what's the issue?

In reality extra functional features cost money.

It all depends on whether you consider skins an extra feature (I do not and a lot of people do not either) as the game does not come with any skins except the default one. I am not sure if you read my previous posts but the time requirements to get them are insane if you compare it most games out there (some are even free to play).
We agree to disagree though.

It all depends on whether you consider skins a feature (I do not and a lot of people do not either). I am not sure if you read my previous posts but the time requirements to get them are insane if you compare it most games out there (some are even free to play).
We agree to disagree though.
Of course it's a feature.

It's a cosmetic feature that does not limit gameplay in any fashion whatsoever if you don't have it.

As for the time requirements:

There was infinitely more time requirement prior to arx.

Because you didn't get any at all.

But if you insist: they aren't gonna let you trade in your sugar packets for a scone. Arx is the sugar that does let you do it. So what's the issue?

And Nonfunctional things too. I want to buy a car. Black paint included. If I want that car in metallic red, I have to PAY for it...EXTRA.

Top Bottom