Hey Cmdr! Why don't you have a cool paint job?

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want this as avatar! Clearly, the pizza slize is ice cold, so it is silent running!

Actually, Frontier has a very sophisticated pizza delivery system.

OUkpm67.gif

I agree in principle with what you say, freemium is a tacky concept, and arx almost qualifies in that category. However, it's simply a matter of perspective. You can also see it as similar to doing daily quests in any other mmo, is that a tacky mechanism to keep people playing and spending? WoW also has lots of cosmetics that are cash only...

I've done my share of MMO daily grinds (Not WoW, I never got into that). This seems eerily similar, except if the grind was balanced heavily against you. I definitely remember getting a lot more for my efforts there, and in some cases being able to exchange the rewards of the daily grinds for cash shop credit.

I think part of what irks me so badly about Frontier's model is that ALL cosmetics are cash only, or recently now mostly cash, except for a few pennies you can scrounge up in game yourself. There aren't even basic options available for Cr. No matter how much you earn or what rank you reach, you'll never be as cool as that Cmdr over there with the flashy paint and the bobble heads.

Seriously, I can fill my Cutter with Imperial Slaves By The Tonne(tm), but I can't make one of them paint my ship's name on the hull? Pfffff.

Shouldnt you be crusading on games that ACTUALLY do that though ?
Fortnite
Csgo
Tf2
Basically any kiddoe game ?

Of these, I've only played Fortnite. I bought enough V-bucks for a season pass. It wasn't much, and I do like to pay something to support the devs. From there, I earned enough each season to afford the next season, and purchase other cosmetics on top of that. All with less "grinding" than earning ARX feels like. So... better somehow?

I quit because the community there was just awful. I got tired of the toxicity :c

SNIP

I quit because the community there was just awful. I got tired of the toxicity :c
And directly dipped into one of the most toxic forum-community / gamemode (Open) ever existed in the entire universe. To BOLDLY Go...:ROFLMAO: /s

Oh sweet summer child...

You seriously think the Elite community is "one of the most toxic" communities on the internet? And if you do, why are you still here?
uhm...no I definitly don't think that way. Tried to be a BIT sarcastic (did you see the little "/s"?);)

Edit: How do u know I'm a little summer child? (born in June) I thought I was bearing the name of the grandmother of all A.I.'s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA
:oops:

uhm...no I definitly don't think that way. Tried to be a BIT sarcastic (did you see the little "/s"?);)

Edit: How do u know I'm a little summer child? (born in June) I thought I was bearing the name of the grandmother of all A.I.'s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA
:oops:

You're not the only AI around here. ;)

Sorry, I seem to have misunderstood you. I thought the sarcasm only applied to the last sentence of your post, my bad.

Because I just can't bring myself to re-buy paint jobs on the PC which I already purchased on the XBOX :-(
This is why Frontier doesn't fix ED on consoles - look at all the money they make from folks like you and me who buy the game AGAIN for PC (and then cosmetics). It almost makes me think they broke the console versions on purpose!

Because it's a fully priced game with DLCs. It is neither a f2p nor a mobile game. You can argue that many other games are doing that, but that does not make it right. Look at the witcher 3, NMS or all sony exclusives. The budget of these games blow ED's out of the water (except NMS) yet they do not include predatory micro-transactions. Defending microtransactions in game is really beyond me even if you're in love with the game(I like the game). Even games like Apex legends which is a completely f2p games are easier to obtain skins and cosmetics than ED. Just before last update these skins were only obtainable with money which was far worse than now. Now their prices got inflated and the time requirements is comparable to the time to get Proxima B.
I know the state of the gaming industry right now, but you can still make money with out these predatory practices. I am gonna say it again: Remove ARX cap and lower prices so that people would get a ship kit in less than 2 years. Even the argument that people use pro-skin MT can in fact be used against it as these skins add nothing to the game of value so they should be obtainable in-game with reasonable amount of time (don't mind few exclusive skins). You should be charged only mainly for DLCs like horizons or if you want to instantly buy some skins because you can't wait to get it in-game.

Because it's a fully priced game with DLCs. It is neither a f2p nor a mobile game. You can argue that many other games are doing that, but that does not make it right. Look at the witcher 3, NMS or all sony exclusives. The budget of these games blow ED's out of the water (except NMS) yet they do not include predatory micro-transactions. Defending microtransactions in game is really beyond me even if you're in love with the game(I like the game). Even games like Apex legends which is a completely f2p games are easier to obtain skins and cosmetics than ED. Just before last update these skins were only obtainable with money which was far worse than now. Now their prices got inflated and the time requirements is comparable to the time to get Proxima B.
I know the state of the gaming industry right now, but you can still make money with out these predatory practices. I am gonna say it again: Remove ARX cap and lower prices so that people would get a ship kit in less than 2 years. Even the argument that people use pro-skin MT can in fact be used against it as these skins add nothing to the game of value so they should be obtainable in-game with reasonable amount of time (don't mind few exclusive skins). You should be charged only mainly for DLCs like horizons or if you want to instantly buy some skins because you can't wait to get it in-game.
Well, this is going to be easy:

You should be charged only mainly for DLCs like horizons or if you want to instantly buy some skins because you can't wait to get it in-game.

That's exactly how it works now.

Without bothering to read this, I skimmed through and see whining about ARX.

1: You didn't get any of it free before. Any amount > zero amount.
2: Idk what you are doing wrong. Maybe try doing something in addition to JUST mining. I have been hitting the cap pretty much each week just logging in, doing a single mining run, and a couple misc. errands.
3: Have fun!

Really? I do not think so. Have you read this part : "I am gonna say it again: Remove ARX cap and lower prices so that people would get a ship kit in less than 2 years."
No. That's literally exactly how the game works now.

Plus 400 a week gets you 20,800 ARX per year for free dollars and zero cents. That's what, $15 bucks a year worth for doing basically nothing when before a couple months ago you got exactly zero free store stuff per year?

I asked why they should, you haven't answered that.
But of course that's a rethorical question: every company sets the price for their product however they want. As long as they aren't breaking any law, there is nothing wrong about their pricing, sales or marketting policies. You are free to make you own assessment regarding the product's quality with relation to its price, like every consumer should, but to claim that Frontier aren't supposed to be able to sell whatever additional content for their product for whatever additional price is ridiculous. I can't remember Frontier advertising free of charge paintjobs, so who cares if this is a "full" price or F2P game? If you want the paintjobs, and Frontier don't want to give them away for free, you buy them, you grind them, or you make do without them. There's no should involved, it's a simple price/value proposition. They have something you want, you have something they want, the rest is all about who wants it more than the other.

Really? I do not think so. Have you read this part : "I am gonna say it again: Remove ARX cap and lower prices so that people would get a ship kit in less than 2 years."
Your statement didn't specify how quickly you wanted to get things, so I'm still correct.

You didn't show any rationale for removing the ARX cap, it's just a thing you want - and we had a whole thread on this topic already.

Your statement didn't specify how quickly you wanted to get things, so I'm still correct.

You didn't show any rationale for removing the ARX cap, it's just a thing you want - and we had a whole thread on this topic already.
It also really doesn't help when he's grossly exaggerating the actual time to obtain these things. If a ship kit is 13k arx that's 32 weeks of just playing the game normally and presto, every year you get a free ship kit and paint job worth of the stuff like it's a christmas present or annual bonus.

Top Bottom