How big is our VR Community

Short answer: Yes. However, not the CV1. And then the comfort is only a very small aspect for my VR refusal. But I'm not going to make a religion out of it, like so many VR zealots do. It's just a statement, no more no less. I certainly don't want to convince anyone not to use VR, so please relax.

It's trying to get there but we're not there just yet for the broad masses to adopt VR.

Does anyone know of how to work around the broken DSS mapping issue in VR?

I'd like to get on with exploring but I can't explore when I can't map anything.
Interesting. I've heard that this issue has been solved within the latest update. What a shame the bug is still around.
Best thing is to keep an eye on this thread here:

I just waggle the joystick (ooer missus) and fire randomly, exit then reenter DSS and continue - only done small planets but I generally get there...

That's what I did at first, just kinda wiggle and randomly shoot and hope to hit something. I've had decent mileage with firing a single probe head on, exiting DSS, flying around the planet and shooting the next probe, and so forth.

Last edited:
100% VR in ED Horizons using Virpil HOTAS + Pedals and a Reverb G2.

0% VR in ED Odyssey, as it's currently not playable for me given my play style in exploration. Too much stuff is broken, the ways of bookmark deletion / general map UI being the worst offender, but there are so many more, VR-specific ones, too, like the vanity cam...

Edit: With 0% VR I mean I just stopped playing, as I'm one of those people who just can't go back to 2D after having experienced Elite in VR.

Last edited:
100% VR in ED Horizons using Virpil HOTAS + Pedals and a Reverb G2.

0% VR in ED Odyssey, as it's currently not playable for me given my play style in exploration. Too much stuff is broken, the ways of bookmark deletion / general map UI being the worst offender, but there are so many more, VR-specific ones, too, like the vanity cam...

Edit: With 0% VR I mean I just stopped playing, as I'm one of those people who just can't go back to 2D after having experienced Elite in VR.

Same. There is really no point exploring when you can't map planets, even if you could ignore the nausea inducing performance.

100% VR in ED horizons, using dual KB sim gunfighters (l/r) and pedals. Only CV1 since I can't upgrade video card (can't find better one for sale) and stuck on 980ti. Odyssey might as well not exist, and I won't buy it without proper VR support.

Didn't find confirmed information anywhere. So I hereby ask the devs: How big is the VR-Community in Elite Dangerous? Are you able to track that information? Just curious.

If not, I would like to see a poll or a possibilty to have a checkbox "VR-User" in the users profiles. I would like to know whether or not the VR thing is growing in ED.
I only play in VR when playing Elite Dangerous.

Top Bottom