I can’t take it anymore!

Space shovels legs!
Writing the ships log.

"Star date 3400 something bla blah..."
"Today I encountered serial interdiction again for hauling 1T of poop to the Dagobah system. I always wondered about that...."

And so on.

Maybe jettison the log there and let other CMDRs find it with clues to your hidden treasure and awaiting serial interdiction, because it was your old mission you abandoned.

they could just allow infinite acceleration.

and we would have some really long loops of shame to brag about! :ROFLMAO:

i'm all for removing or significantly increasing the speed cap. if acceleration/deceleration stays the same it really wouldn't affect the size of the galaxy. it would just squeeze the amount of time flown at constant 2000c, and spice it up btw. not that i hit the cap too often in sc, mind you. in normal flight, on the other hand ...

i guess there is a practical limit in what both the rendering and physics engines can keep up with, but i would be surprised if it couldn't go significantly higher without problems.

Those really far away stations? You can easily avoid them.

Not always ‘easily’, if you like using the mission system. It’s an issue for distant locations generally. There are lots of mission types where the ultimate destination (station, planet etc) is a late reveal. See this great post on the subject :)

Not every mission has a station as a destination - quite a few will just direct you to the vicinity of a planet, and not tell you which one until you're in the system. Quite a few systems have distant binary partners with no stations out there, so they're absolutely fine for trade missions, but you can get a long trip if you pick them for e.g. surface salvage...

The system map will not show you the location of stations in a system you've never been to, unless it's a high-population system which comes pre-scanned.

Installations, megaships and tourist beacons are not marked on the system map, and nor are their positions catalogued in EDDB or similar. Combat zones similarly there's no guarantee that any particular system will generate them close to the primary star (though most do).

A few mission types have you go to system A (mentioned in the mission) where a contact will then tell you to go to system B (could be anywhere within 20 LY), so good luck assessing those in advance.

Yes, if you're extremely cautious and avoid several mission types entirely, you can avoid having to travel long supercruise distances. But that's very much a workaround for the problem.

That’s my main beef with the dead time transits. Avoiding them becomes a pain. A game mechanic that provided a fun way to engage with them would be preferable :)

i'm all for removing or significantly increasing the speed cap. if acceleration/deceleration stays the same it really wouldn't affect the size of the galaxy. it would just squeeze the amount of time flown at constant 2000c, and spice it up btw. not that i hit the cap too often in sc, mind you.

right it takes 10-15 minutes to even get to 1000c. Speed cap is fine/irrelevant. The acceleration and deceleration is what needs to be enhanced Imo

right it takes 10-15 minutes to even get to 1000c. Speed cap is fine/irrelevant. The acceleration and deceleration is what needs to be enhanced Imo

you're right. i was thinking about normal flight too, can't help albeit it's off topic and there's no point in mixing those together :D yes a moderate increase in acc/dec would be fine, along with a higher speed cap which then would be even more relevant. acceleration increase could be progressive, as to not disrupt experience at short distances which imo is already a problem: at very low speeds the acceleration is way over the top, which produces a quite poor experience when, say, approaching an asteroid ring.

so, current miraculous formula: make acceleration and deceleration proportional to current speed, lowering it at slow speed and raising it at high speed, adjust speed cap sensibly.

For myself, I'm quite happy with the current supercruise times. And I expect that everyone who posts here on more than a few occasions either approves of the time supercruise takes or at least has learned to live with it.

But it's the players who try the game, get bored by the supercruise runs and just silently quit that Frontier are probably more concerned about.

For that reason I wouldn't faint with shock if the New Era included, say, an Advanced Frameship Drive that allowed players to jump directly to any planet in a system for which they had data.

You might boo and hiss and I might feel that some of the texture had been taken out of the game, but if Frontier think that on balance it would lead to more people ending up staying with the game (and buying expansion packs and ARX) then that won't stop them doing it.

Deleted member 38366

D
Coal into the Engine?

Hehe. imagine ELITE going Steampunk :D
Engine Start? No problem, crank 'em up!

Lestat

Banned
Fdev, I’ve got thousands of hours played on PS and PC, and travel times are killing me.

If you added a way to grind for 50-100% decreased super/hyper-cruise charge and spool times as well as 200-1000% increased super/hyper travel speeds, I WOULD FREAKOUT with excitement, gratitude and joy.

Please consider it.
You can start using some common sense as a skill instead of laziness. If you find your self going to missions that are too far. Well maybe read the mission and use Galaxy map and system map before accepting a mission. Problem solved. If you are an explorer and you find the location has a system that could have an Earth-like world. You have to decide if the distance worth the reward. If not you are lucky there 400,000,000,000 systems left for you to explore.

A weekly ferry service to Colonia would be appreciated. I'd guess it would be used far more than the Guardian sites ferry

Well maybe read the mission and use Galaxy map and system map before accepting a mission.
Hey champ, what is your solution for the assassination or massacre missions where you don’t know how far the mission signal source will be until after jumping into the system.

maybe you could use common courtesy as a skill instead of assuming laziness.

grow up

For myself, I'm quite happy with the current supercruise times. And I expect that everyone who posts here on more than a few occasions either approves of the time supercruise takes or at least has learned to live with it.

But it's the players who try the game, get bored by the supercruise runs and just silently quit that Frontier are probably more concerned about.

For that reason I wouldn't faint with shock if the New Era included, say, an Advanced Frameship Drive that allowed players to jump directly to any planet in a system for which they had data.

You might boo and hiss and I might feel that some of the texture had been taken out of the game, but if Frontier think that on balance it would lead to more people ending up staying with the game (and buying expansion packs and ARX) then that won't stop them doing it.
I have well over 1k hours and think that the super cruise acceleration and deceleration should happen faster.

less time in super cruise means less time reading condescending posts on the forums

Lestat

Banned
Hey champ, what is your solution for the assassination or massacre missions where you don’t know how far the mission signal source will be until after jumping into the system.

maybe you could use common courtesy as a skill instead of assuming laziness.

grow up
This is where player Common sense and choices come in. Just like Trade missions or Combat Missions with that OP NPC that you can't beat. What do you do? Either try to beat them and die or discard. But in this case, if it too far. Then Discard.

You have a choice. So stop ignoring the fact you have those choices. It might not be what you want. But it part of the gameplay. If you want everything spoon-fed to you on a silver spoon then Elite Dangerous is not for you.

Top Bottom