I give up. Dev's should lock the game for more development....

Played for the first time today since update 1.0.4 and it's made my game laggy as 🤬 . It's like showing a notification was too much work. Even saving is taking a loooonnggg time when it usually takes like 5 seconds. I restarted the game and updated my GeForce but NOPE. Then after I clicked "Save & Exit game"....I was stuck on the loading screen and nothing I pressed worked to get off it. Not ALT + F4, not the shortcut to get to the Steam menu...Not even CTRL + ALT + DEL. When I tried the third one the music stopped playing and I knew it crashed. The game had crashed and I couldn't get off it....I had to re-start my computer. Fantastic. So I tried one more time to see if the re-start helped which it did a little bit. There was still alot of lag. I lasted 30 minutes. The game crashed literally 5 seconds after I saved it. I just.... * rubs temples * .....I'm tired of all these problems. I've never seen a game so buggy and crash so much (no game is perfect, they all have bugs. But this is ridiculous). Maybe I'm just lucky enough not to experience it until now. I've honestly given up now and I'm not playing until it's had a bunch of updates. Not like the Devs would even care if I stopped playing....They have my money and I can't refund it bcuz I've gone WAY over the 2 hour limit. :cautious:
Update 1.0.4 has caused more problems than the last update from what I've seen. And each one causes more problems.

I'm a laid back person ok. It takes alot to push my buttons and I've given the game many chances but this is the last straw for me.

For gods sake Frontier. Just call this an Alpha. Not full release. If you want more time without the added stress of players complaints all the time and having to fix all the bugs as fast as possible then lock the game on steam (so we can't play it) and work on the freakin game for a few more months. If it wasn't ready then you should have pushed back the release. Post a thread/tweet/Facebook Post telling us we have one day left with the game or something and then you will lock it for so many months while it's under development. We get it game development is a hard thing, no doubt about it. But don't rush it and release if it aint finished. At this point we would understand if you did something like that.

I don't mean to sound rude but it's just getting so frustrating. :(

I'm not sure if what I suggested is even possible but this is just getting out of hand now IMHO I wasn't sure what else to suggest. :confused:

Last edited:
I agree. Frontier should definitely just bite the bullet, lock the game, and go back to clear out the backlog of bugs and issues. Change the speed of time, and change keepers not feeding animals. Just accept it, and apologize especially since it'll kill most everyone's zoo's they've worked on. That, and they should offer refunds to people. I'm not playing this game until this stuff gets changed.

I feel a lot of the userbase's frustrations would be relieved by a proper comprehensive development roadmap.

Frontier's wishy-washy replies to problem threads aren't helping the situation. Most times it's just "put it in the issue tracker" which, at this point, is useless advice when you factor in how terribly backlogged said issue tracker is. Occasionally, if we're lucky, we get a generic "we're looking into it."

I've said it once already before but this really seems to be the company's standard operation procedure. Release a half-finished, rushed game and then hardly communicate with consumers when problems arise. The same thing happened with JWE and is the whole reason why I didn't preorder--and still haven't bought--PZ, and I hear similar stories from early PC and ED players.

The bottom line is Frontier needs to seriously reconsider their communication process with players. Nothing is going to improve if they keep going the way they are right now.

I agree. Frontier should definitely just bite the bullet, lock the game, and go back to clear out the backlog of bugs and issues. Change the speed of time, and change keepers not feeding animals. Just accept it, and apologize especially since it'll kill most everyone's zoo's they've worked on. That, and they should offer refunds to people. I'm not playing this game until this stuff gets changed.

Except the 'speed of time' is NOT NOT NOT a bug nor a glitch! It's just the players preference that they want the game slowed down. Presumably because they simply can't keep up with the game as it was designed.

Except the 'speed of time' is NOT NOT NOT a bug nor a glitch! It's just the players preference that they want the game slowed down. Presumably because they simply can't keep up with the game as it was designed.
I didn't say it was a bug or glitch. I wish it was, then it would make sense. I said they should clear out the bugs and issues, change the time of speed. The comma splits the sentence.

I didn't say it was a bug or glitch. I wish it was, then it would make sense. I said they should clear out the bugs and issues, change the time of speed. The comma splits the sentence.
As you stated it you made it sound like it was a bug or a glitch. In itself it is NOT what the dev's should be concentrating on since it isn't a bug nor a glitch. There are far more important issues than than the speed of the game (which by all accounts is not the problem!).

As you stated it you made it sound like it was a bug or a glitch. In itself it is NOT what the dev's should be concentrating on since it isn't a bug nor a glitch. There are far more important issues than than the speed of the game (which by all accounts is not the problem!).
Yeah, which is why we're saying that they should lock the game to fix bugs and glitches, and then change planned features that a majority of the play base does not like or want. There are a lot of things that they should be concentrating on, like you said. Once it's locked, they can fix the bugs and glitches, and then after they can change those annoying features (again, which a vast majority of players dislike) after that they can re-open it.

Yeah, which is why we're saying that they should lock the game to fix bugs and glitches, and then change planned features that a majority of the play base does not like or want. There are a lot of things that they should be concentrating on, like you said. Once it's locked, they can fix the bugs and glitches, and then after they can change those annoying features (again, which a vast majority of players dislike) after that they can re-open it.

And here we go once again with this unsubstantiated claim "a majority of the play base does not like or want" which can NOT be verified!!!! Please stop speaking for others when you don't know what they, the 'majority', wants or doesn't want!

And here we go once again with this claim "a majority of the play base does not like or want" which can NOT be verified!!!! Please stop speaking for others when you don't know what they, the 'majority', wants or doesn't want!

To be fair all you have to do is read the several threads asking for slower time to see that if not a majority then a lot of players feel it needs to be addressed. Bugs and glitches are obviously priority but it's pretty clear that the pace of time in the game is a concern for many.

And here we go once again with this claim "a majority of the play base does not like or want" which can NOT be verified!!!! Please stop speaking for others when you don't know what they, the 'majority', wants or doesn't want!
This is going to be my last response, i'm done arguing this. I just have to point out, that you refuting me; you yourself are attempting to speak for others in what they want or don't want. Though based on previous forum posts suggest a majority of posters dislike the time speed, but you're right I can't say what a majority of all players of the game wants, I can only go by what I see.

To be fair all you have to do is read the several threads asking for slower time to see that if not a majority then a lot of players feel it needs to be addressed. Bugs and glitches are obviously priority but it's pretty clear that the pace of time in the game is a concern for many.

Those threads do NOT represent the majority! They only represent the vocal few of the more than 38,000 + players. So your argument fails.

This is going to be my last response, i'm done arguing this. I just have to point out, that you refuting me; you yourself are attempting to speak for others in what they want or don't want. Though based on previous forum posts suggest a majority of posters dislike the time speed, but you're right I can't say what a majority of all players of the game wants, I can only go by what I see.

Nice try, but I spoke for no one! I merely pointed out that you unequivocally did speak for others by making a claim that you can't verify!

Even if they change it to where a day is 20 seconds rather than 3 seconds....That could make a big difference to things. It's only 17 seconds more but it could do alot for people.

So those threads, the Reddit posts, the Discord discussions...those all count for nothing because there are casual players who don't converse within the community? Your logic is odd.

Oh PUHLEASE........................ Did I say their voices "count for nothing"??????????????? Please don't put words into others mouths!!!!! And STOP lying and exaggerating and spinning the facts to suit your ill-gotten agenda!

Even if they change it to where a day is 20 seconds rather than 3 seconds....That could make a big difference to things. It's only 17 seconds more but it could do alot for people.

So 3 days will last a minute. A month would last a half hour. A year would take 6 hours +/-................................. So nobody would accomplish a thing............................. Yeah, sounds like hours upon hours of boredom to me.

Oh PUHLEASE........................ Did I say their voices "count for nothing"??????????????? Please don't put words into others mouths!!!!! And STOP lying and exaggerating and spinning the facts to suit your ill-gotten agenda!

Okay this is getting a bit out of hand.

MANY people have complained about the time speed. I've seen maybe one person on this forum say they don't mind it. Dean was just basically saying ALOT of people want it changed.

Just agree to disagree.

If you want more time without the added stress of players complaints all the time and having to fix all the bugs as fast as possible then lock the game on steam (so we can't play it) and work on the freakin game for a few more months. :confused:

I'm not sure that exactly will result in no complaints. Releasing a game then 'locking' it? Am sure that will go down well...

Top Bottom