I hope DW2 gets ganked all the way to Beagle Point.

I would pay for an official PVE server for this kind of events where the players weapons are simply uneffective when hit other players. So no engagement from FDEV in restoring ships and data and no need for players to open tickets

I would pay for an official PVE server for this kind of events where the players weapons are simply uneffective when hit other players. So no engagement from FDEV in restoring ships and data and no need for players to open tickets

it would have to go a bit further (station ramming, chain interdictions, etc)

but you're correct that would reduce any tickets/anger/etc by an order of magnitude

Last edited:
I personally applaud FDev (for once) for restoring ships and data in the event of PKing during DW2. This is supposed to be a peaceful cooperative event, and all possible precautions have been taken, and they’re not going to put up with any from ne’er-do-wells this time.

I think they should go one further and automatically eject the offender from the group on the spot, and send thrm back to the Bubble.

I don't. That's being a carebear. IF you are in Open, you take the risks of Open. This isn't like accidentally being dropped out of hyperspace into the jet cone of a neutron star, or right smack inside a star and instantly overheating to death. Flying in Open, in light or without shields, being unable to properly pilot your vessel and boost at your attacker (popping Chaff incase they are gimballed scrubs or turret noobs) to boost past them while charging up a high wake. Then you deserve to get blasted. While everyone has varying degrees of skill there are modes that accommodate those who wish to avoid PvP such as mobius. Either join Mobius or don't complain when dying in Open. Everyone has options. FDEV restoring data cause someone played in Open in getting destroyed by someone else playing in Open is just unfair. Same with handwavium moving of people who made that neutron jump into a system with no chance of return back due to being isolated.

If you take the risks, you must be ready to suffer the consequences. Heck I even have mercy and pity for those who visit like a Tourist beacon at say, Sag A* where theres no other players.... yet for some reason npcs are all over the place, including pirates, so if you scooped even a tiny little data cache from wreckage or anything... the pirate will kill you for that measley 4k of credits.... even that is meriting a restore of data. But being destroyed by another player in a mode that supports it? nope, no mercy, data lost, dealwithit.jpeg.

Too much carebear demands for Open. You have Mobius, you have Solo... go to one of those and leave Open alone.

I don't. That's being a carebear. IF you are in Open, you take the risks of Open. This isn't like accidentally being dropped out of hyperspace into the jet cone of a neutron star, or right smack inside a star and instantly overheating to death. Flying in Open, in light or without shields, being unable to properly pilot your vessel and boost at your attacker (popping Chaff incase they are gimballed scrubs or turret noobs) to boost past them while charging up a high wake. Then you deserve to get blasted. While everyone has varying degrees of skill there are modes that accommodate those who wish to avoid PvP such as mobius. Either join Mobius or don't complain when dying in Open. Everyone has options. FDEV restoring data cause someone played in Open in getting destroyed by someone else playing in Open is just unfair. Same with handwavium moving of people who made that neutron jump into a system with no chance of return back due to being isolated.

The FD restore option only applies to commanders in the Fleetcomm PG (PVE only) who get ganked. Those doing DW2 in Open take the same chances as everyone

+1 for an Open PvE server.

We all know it needs to happen, certainly ;)

You already have an Open PvE server. It's called Open and you can do PvE in it quite happily, as I've been doing for the last 4 years.

I think what you want is a "No-PvP" mode, right?

If you take the risks, you must be ready to suffer the consequences. Heck I even have mercy and pity for those who visit like a Tourist beacon at say, Sag A* where theres no other players.... yet for some reason npcs are all over the place, including pirates, so if you scooped even a tiny little data cache from wreckage or anything... the pirate will kill you for that measley 4k of credits.... even that is meriting a restore of data. But being destroyed by another player in a mode that supports it? nope, no mercy, data lost, dealwithit.jpeg.

Too much carebear demands for Open. You have Mobius, you have Solo... go to one of those and leave Open alone.

I agree with that. Fly open, build for open. Live with the consequences if not.

But I also agree with reinstating ships by gankers in a PG without PvP. That is griefing, plain and simple.

I hope we get a lot of that (sorry to the players who get destroyed in that, though) so that FD will have to take a stance on that one.

Infiltrating a PG to cause harm is unacceptable for me, and I hope there will be consequences.

There is an open pve server "mobius"

Mobius is a PG only same as Fleetcomm, only about 4 or 5 times larger and by necessity split into several separate groups.
Mobius groups do NOT get this special treatment that has been touted here for Fleetcomm.
So please don't equate Mobius groups with open PvE as they have no tools to prevent anything, only to remove the offender(s) after the fact. And at times have been unable to do even that since the group management tools break when you get close to the size limits.

If the devs are actually restoring ships, data, assets of official DW2 participants, and well known PKrs are either friends with or members of the related PGs - I think this would be a great opportunity to actually demonstrate the profound annoyance a PK gank event actually represents.

Let me be clear. The rules permit this gameplay - there is no moral deficit expressed by the players that exercise the rules as they see fit.

If, however, the devs are jammed restoring hundreds or even thousands of player data sets over the several month journey - perhaps - just maybe - a tiny glimmer of possibility here - FDEV will realize that an OPEN PVE mode is actually a good thing.

So you 5th column nefarios, jackals and wolves following the wide-eyed and eager explorers - here's to you. Shoot straight, shoot often and may your cargo holds fill with more salt than even you can carry. TALLY HO!
Where did the devs say they would restore any losses on the DW2 expedition for official participants?

Deleted member 115407

D
Where did the devs say they would restore any losses on the DW2 expedition for official participants?

Long story.

Word on the street was that this was the case. But when confronted two things happened...

a) The devs never responded
b) The DW2 organizers iterated that sending a support ticket was a recommended course of action, with no guarantees that restores would happen.

What I'm thinking is people saw the guidance to send a support ticket if killed in PG (on the chance that FD would restore them), and that got discord/forum lawyered it into "FD have made an explicit agreement to restore saves."

At least 600 CMDRs were killed in Pallaeni in today. It was in open, but if only a fraction of them wrote support tickets, I assume it's a heck of a lot of work on FD's plate.

Last edited by a moderator:
FDev shouldn't be wasting their time restoring Cmdr's unless there destruction was caused by a bug. I wonder how many exploration Cmdr's will abuse FDev and get restored after killing themselves with their own incompetence and weak flimsy ship builds ? Real life exploration has proofed this many times over, you'd never ever go on an expedition without the best equipment to give you the best chance of survival. Its like saying " I'm not going to bother taking thermals, climbing equipment and oxygen because I'll be lighter and able to climb Everest faster without them" . Those with that mentality are contributing to their own death, it's natures way of ensuring the poor quality gene pool does not continue to evolve.
FDevs time would be far better spent fixing the huge amount of bugs in the game than dealing with Namby Pamby cry babies !

Last edited:
Long story.

Word on the street was that this was the case. But when confronted two things happened...

a) The devs never responded
b) The DW2 organizers iterated that sending a support ticket was a solid case of action, with no guarantees that restores would happen.

What I'm thinking is people saw the guidance to send a support ticket if killed in PG (on the chance that FD would restore them), and that got discord/forum lawyered it into "FD have made an explicit agreement to restore saves."

At least 600 CMDRs were killed in Pallaeni in today. It was in open, but if only a fraction of them wrote support tickets, I assume it's a heck of a lot of work on FD's plate.

Wow, that's a lot of support tickets. Even though I disapprove of ganking (as opposed to more balanced PVP), I hope this is the shove that FDev needs to implement some way of funneling the energy of more rowdy members of our community into something that's fun for everyone involved. I'm going to guess since DW2 is happening in the middle of nowhere, C&P doesn't apply to any of these incidents.

Well they should simply confirm or deny it right now, maybe in a sticky.

It's not like they're not scouring the forum as we speak.

Well they should simply confirm or deny it right now, maybe in a sticky.

It's not like they're not scouring the forum as we speak.

If they admit to restoring the ships of anyone ganked in Fleetcomm, they'll have to do it for any other PG that's got a "no PVP" policy. So they were probably hoping to keep it in the down low.

Deleted member 115407

D
Wow, that's a lot of support tickets. Even though I disapprove of ganking (as opposed to more balanced PVP), I hope this is the shove that FDev needs to implement some way of funneling the energy of more rowdy members of our community into something that's fun for everyone involved. I'm going to guess since DW2 is happening in the middle of nowhere, C&P doesn't apply to any of these incidents.

Yeah, if you catch folks in Lawless space, neither bounties nor notoriety apply.

That's how I prefer to do my pirating.

FDev shouldn't be wasting their time restoring Cmdr's unless there destruction was caused by a bug. I wonder how many exploration Cmdr's will abuse FDev and get restored after killing themselves with their own incompetence and weak flimsy ship builds ? Real life exploration has proofed this many times over, you'd never ever go on an expedition without the best equipment to give you the best chance of survival. Its like saying " I'm not going to bother taking thermals, climbing equipment and oxygen because I'll be lighter and able to climb Everest faster without them" . Those with that mentality are contributing to their own death, it's natures way of ensuring the poor quality gene pool does not continue to evolve.
FDevs time would be far better spent fixing the huge amount of bugs in the game than dealing with Namby Pamby cry babies !
There is a fundamental difference between building an explorer for open and one for PG/PvE. Babbling about "real life exploration" is as nonsensical as calling PvPers "psychopaths". Name calling people who get ganked "namby pamby cry babies" doesn't give your cause weight either. I agree that FD shouldn't bother with reinstating explorers killed in open, though.

edit:
If they admit to restoring the ships of anyone ganked in Fleetcomm, they'll have to do it for any other PG that's got a "no PVP" policy. So they were probably hoping to keep it in the down low.
I guess that's spot on. Keeping it low profile, don't talk about it, but now the cat is out of the bag.... Interesting days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom