Newcomer / Intro I'm looking for a group!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Greetings Commanders!

Cmdr StarSurferGonzo here and been a semi regular Elite PC player for close to a year now. I've tried my hand at Exploring, Trading, Bounty Hunting and Mining. But it's lonely in space and I'd love some company to get more into the game and explore the game more deeply.

I travel a lot for work so i don't really have fixed timings. Looking for a casual, mature group of pilots to hang out with in the massive milky way.

Last edited:
Hello I'm CMDR O55oDuR0 and I'm looking for a mature and casual Group to join wing mission, PVE combat mission and Powerplay goals... I have a combat Python fully equipped to be further engineered, a Type 9 for trading and a Conda for passenger mission... I'm available from 10pm to 12pm GMT... see you in game!!!

Firstly hello fellow commanders.

Secondly I apologise in advance for the length of this. I feel the need to explain myself too much sometimes.

Thirdly, this is not me looking to join an established group. I tried that and although everyone in the groups I joined was lovely and really nice people I found joining a group with a large existing membership intimidating and struggled to adhere to some of the rules/find players in them that I could play with as they were doing things differently to me. My issue, not theirs but I am now tired of flying on my own with no one to talk to.
So thanks in advance to all the great groups out there that might post saying to join then but my ask is on a smaller scale.

Me - I've been here since Premium Beta on and off. More recently this has become being online most UK weekday evenings from 1800 - about 2300 and then pretty regularly over the weekend. Steam says 750 odd hours put in and I expect there's a few more to add from before I activated my key on there.

I don't do powerplay as have no reason to that I can see, I've never met a Thargoid, I am not great at combat (but enjoy trying on the PVE side), I suck at PVP, I've wasted loads of money buying/kitting ships I then don't like and sell, I've never done a skimmer mission and I don't (currently) play in open. I have only recently started to grind engineers and I have had to go back and pretty much start from scratch money-wise after investing heavily in an engineered Conda ( I love that) and just recently a Cutter (Not sure how I feel about that).

Basically I just sort of potter about doing what I feel like at the time. At present that is rep for Fed in Sol moving cargo with the odd kill when some NPC decides to attack me and I fancy killing them.

Doing this evening in/evening out with nothing but the telly on in the background for company is getting boring now though and I was hoping to find a few like-minded players to be in a wing and help each other out with whatever might come up. I'm looking for players who would like to have someone around now and then to help/shoot the poop with on the radio.. stuff like that. People who, like me, are a bit intimidated when joining established groups but would like to be a little bit social.

The ideal 'candidates' would play at same times. Preferably be of the over 30s/40s persuasion and be from UK/Europe (no offence to anyone else.. just that when it comes to chatting it helps to have similar historic/cultural points of reference for me).

Must have GSOH and all that and, most importantly, be chilled. No angry gamers please. Hit me up in game (Commander Mad Mags) or on here.

There will be a period of trial were I get to see if we get on and you get to see if I am as irritating and boring as my previous experiences with large groups suggest. No hierarchical structure.. come and go as we please... that type of thing.

Anyway.. let me know and thanks in advance for all responses received (if any)

Cmdr SimDuay looking to join a minor faction

I have been on here for about two weeks (PC), but played a long while back on XBOX, looking for a friendly group to help answer question that come up or that want help doing stuff around the galaxy. Mostly casual, but just got a joystick and throttle setup, so now I can actually steer... which is good.

Hey Guys

Looking for a Small group to hang with? Then join our Team Speak 3 server at:
casualcrew.ts3ip.com You can download the Team Speak Program Here for Free... it's Just So Simple to join...Just High light the above Address , Then right click and copy it. Now download and install the program from the Link i provided above. (Make Sure you Choose Team Speak 3 Client Software.) Once installed, run the program. Right click on the server Address Slot. Click on paste...choose a nick name then hit connect. Simple!

I currently play the game with an Oculus rift and Saitek X52 Pro controllers. We are always looking for new voices to fly with..Most of our crew is over 40 +. So we are a calm mature bunch of guys. If anyone's interested. Please Look us up on the Team Speak Client Software. Or you can reach me
Here for any question you may have. My In game name is Dexatron and I'm am part of a small Player Faction on inara called "the casual crew"...We love to help new people get Started in the game..There is always someone on our team speak server to answer questions...and our new web site page is " The casual crew." Hope to see you there...Fly Safe commanders.

Last edited:
If your on Skype and you have a good sense of humour or shall we say not easily offended :D you could join us on lave radio's Elite dangerous chat we are a nice bunch of people for the most part.

Simply message Fozza101 on skype asking to join the Elite Dangerous chat and we will add you to the chat everyone is welcome..

my discord is LazyCalf#9375 (feel free to message me)
my skype is, well, actually, i dont exactly know how skype works that much (more of a discord user) so, either search Kieran Carr, or kierancarr95@outlook.com. dont exactly know.
not exactly an old fogey haha, but im in me mid twenties playing video games, i sent a message to fozza, but i just jumped on the forums to check this out before heading off. aboslutely glad i found this post because i've been playing the last couple of weeks with literally nobody to talk to haha.
i'm certain ill become a regular in the future,
it gets lonely grinding this game out so absolutely chuffed there are communities of people in this game. was beginning to think everybody in this game was a reclusive shut in lol. i should've created a profile on the forums sooner tbh.

hi feel free to check Clanaod.net we are a gaming community playing many games with some 80 in ed alone

hi mate check www.clanaod.net we are an active community across a range of games with some 80 plus playing ed

Want to BGS?

Hey there.
Small very informal Alliance BGS group who operate on the frontier and if anyone wants to join up, well there's v little in the way of joining :)
Here's our Inara wing page - https://inara.cz/wing/2328/

It's a case of playing the BGS for one Alliance faction whenever you like, no real rules and v little demands. No need to fill in forms, join comms, none of that. There's no hierarchy so it's very informal.
I basically keep an eye on the faction and recommend actions and you can join in or do your own thing as you see fit.
But we find the BGS gives the game purpose so instead of just running misisons here of BHing there, we do it for a purpose to move Inf up or down, to force wars or retreats etc. So the theory goes!

Fire a message on Inara if interested :cool:

Solo trader merchant looking for group to fly with

Hello! I am Maeviik and have been a solo casual player on PC since the game was fairly new. More recently I got a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X flightstick and the game has been incredibly fun to play, and am looking for a group to join. So far I've been making money by doing transport missions, and close to getting an ASP Explorer. I'm open to both legal and illegal esk gameplay, being a smuggler of sorts sounds like a lot of fun after mindlessly grinding legal missions. Any groups with anarchy centered views, or even some that're more broad in what they do in game, feel free to message me on what you have to offer and teach a lone commander like myself.
Fly safe everyone!

Welcome Maeviik,

You can always check us out...We are a Mature Group 40+ always looking to lend a hand to new People, We are called "The Casual Crew" We just became a Player faction in the game. you can reach us on team speak at: casualcrew.ts3ip.com or Check out our website Here

Hope to See you soon

Dex

Last edited:
Looking for friendly active group

Post here if you're looking for a group or alliance to join.

Michael

Hi guys, I've been following ED for some time now, i currently play through Steam. I am struggling to find active players, i also still have the default craft with some upgrades but no more room to expand. I have 1.2mil credits so far. but i'm getting bored already. anyone out there with some advice or invite?

Hi guys, I've been following ED for some time now, i currently play through Steam. I am struggling to find active players, i also still have the default craft with some upgrades but no more room to expand. I have 1.2mil credits so far. but i'm getting bored already. anyone out there with some advice or invite?

I read now and again that someone has become bored with the game. I find that amazing. I have been playing for over 3 years and there is hardly a day goes by without I spend some time in the game.

Your words make me think you have missed a trick - still in the starting sidewinder? Never thought of buying another ship? What activities have you tried and which was most fun to you - combat or trading for example?

I am not in any group so can't offer help that way but if you look in the groups forum on here or at the wings section of INARA.CZ website you might see something that appeals to you.

Hey i'm part of a group called Federal Liberal Command (FLC) that is a part of an "umbrella group" called Federal United Command (FUC). We do power play, BGS (influencing the galaxy through missions, bounty hunting and fighting wars etc) and PvP, we strongly support and encourage all FUC members to conduct PowerPlay in Open.
We are a Federation aligned group and if you are interested in joining you can just click my banner in the signature for a Discord invite. Remember to Pledge Hudson or Winters first otherwise they might not let you in.

The BGS that we do is to favour our Power Play, meaning we install corporations as system leaders for instance.

We engage in conflict mainly with The Empire through the power play mechanics at hand in open play.

uk based pc player newcomer but willing to learn and evolve, will turn my hand at anything in game

discord is twi5ted#8792 add me to chat

looking for a group to join

I'm kinda new to the game on xbox gt m0piff been playing for a week I'm in a viper mk 4 10mill cr and a federation rank warrant officer

XBOX CMDR seeks new aquaintances...

About me:
I'm old. Not like Ancient or Prehistoric, not old like the Universe is old, but I'm closer to 60 than to 50.
I did some stuff in 3301/2 but have no recollection. Returning to active duty in 3304, I've undertaken pretty much any activity that promised a profit (not all did).
I have no interest in criminal activities. I'm not very adept in combat, so strive to avoid it. Pretty good with a mining laser and I can make them limpets dance!
There was a season of exploration, which I quite enjoyed and was able to make some credits, plenty of delivery runs & some passengers.
I try to work an area of space, performing missions of all types that coincide with my next destination. (Currently operating from System HR 6999, Slayton Port)

Thus far, I've only been in Fed space, but haven't pledged to any faction or power.
I have some rank with the Federation and have put together a small stable of craft for varying purposes.
I have also recently earned my Sol system permit (headed out to see that soon, too).
Considering that much of my play has been Solo, it's come time to consider the possibility of winging up with other CMDRs, though even when I have played Open (much more lately), the only player I've encountered was a Fuel Rat (and I called him).

The Important Bits:
I play on Xbox. GT=Ziraben BenZira
I haven't used, but have Discord. I'm sure I can figure it out.
Pacific Time Zone (UTC-8) typically available 6.30-ish AM to 4-ish PM, with interruptions occasionally (family taxi, 3 households).

Last edited:
Hi Ziraben

I wish you were playing on a PC. It's sounds like we may be the group for you, We are a mature Group. 40+ our oldest member is 72 years old..lol If you do have a computer you can always log into our team speak server and say hi. teamspeak is a free program you can find it at http://www.teamspeak.com our server address is: casualcrew.ts3ip.com, Stop in if you get a chance, Love to hear from ya!

Dex

Hey everyone!

I`m a 30 yo newb, just bought the game yesterday, looking for a group of people that I can play the game with and learn from - if you`re playing MMOs solo, you`re doing smtng wrong. Can easily fit into any community and don`t mind doing the stuff no one really wants to do (as new guys do in any enviroment :eek:).

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards
Ivan

New - From Korea

Hello, I'm a new player living in South Korea so my time zone is GMT +9. Looking for people/groups to play with because my experience has been a rather solitary one so far... I'm down to do anything.

Hello all! restarted after a long time :) forgot almost everything about the game and have no clue about the new things. if anyone is interested for some mentoring or killing pirates or even law ships OR EVEN other players, feel free to invite in a private group! have fun all and almost safe travels :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom