In the Beta Spirit...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
But people have left the game in droves because of auto tagging. Something which happens in the background and will probably never see again as its doubtful you will ever jump to one of your own tagged systems as the likely hood of that is so low.

The horror of autotagging something which nobody will actually notice has seemed to ruin the whole experience of exploration for some people.

To be honest, I just don't get it. Seems to be a ridiculously minor issue to leave the game over.

To be fair, I don't think auto tagging is all that's made people leave the game, it's just another symptom.

And in any case, why should players not feel strongly about something that ruins their immersion, the story and role play they have for their character, especially when it's forced upon them? You say that just having an ADS in the game, even if you didn't have to use it and it wouldn't affect you at all and thus would never notice it would diminish the game for you.

To be fair, I don't think auto tagging is all that's made people leave the game, it's just another symptom.

And in any case, why should players not feel strongly about something that ruins their immersion, the story and role play they have for their character, especially when it's forced upon them? You say that just having an ADS in the game, even if you didn't have to use it and it wouldn't affect you at all and thus would never notice it would diminish the game for you.

Touche!

You're setting up goalposts that are going to be perpetually in motion and basically impossible. If anything ruins anyone's immersion? If whatever they think in their mind is different than what is "forced upon them", as you so ridiculously call it, they should consider their immersion "ruined"?

That's absurd. You're trying to conflate "I don't like this" with "This is objectively bad". Some people like the new system but because some don't, it's a problem; clearly your opinion on how the game shouldn't diminish enjoyment is applied very selectively based on what you agree with.

Yeah, that's not how that is used. Look it up.

Yeah, that's not how that is used. Look it up.

It was such a good hit it needed acknowledging, even though the strike wasn’t on me.

It strikes right to the heart of why the two opposing arguments do not carry equal weight.

Last edited:
It was such a good hit it needed acknowledging, even though the strike wasn’t on me.
Demonstrably, it was not. It sets undefined expectations based on completely subjective "immersion", and then turns right around and says that the claims of immersion for others is invalid.

Really? Or was it that intense scrutiny of weak arguments led to opposers losing their cool.

I’ll happily let people judge for themselves.

I may get around to posting the compromise suggestion I made earlier in this thread into the suggestion section of the forum. Too many weird lines drawn in the sand by some players on either side of the debate. Some don't care to see reason, I think. They're too emotionally attacked to belittling others for self-defense or something.

I don't know. Things can get pretty weird when discussing preferences for a video game sometimes it seems.

How does something that you will probably never see ruin your immersion or roleplay. They won't know, the people that turn up to the systems after won't care. Just pretend as its highly likely they will never notice.

Just a few pages back there was some interesting and constructive conversation that you might have missed. Now you are derailing your own thread. Why?

Who’s doing the derailing again?
I just acknowledged a good post - it’s you and your buddies making a big deal out of it.

And yes, page 14 was a very good page.

If you say so, I don’t see that.
Clearly, you are not interested in seeing things that are inconvenient in regards to what you want to see.

Fortunately, your comprehension does not make an argument valid or invalid, it just means that your ability to engage in a discussion is sharply diminished by your selectively narrowed scope of understanding. It is the same old, same old; these same threads always spawn people who tout their playstyle and their immersion and any mention of these points contrary to their argument is quickly dismissed.

The name of game in these threads is "the goalposts are wherever I say they are".

Clearly, you are not interested in seeing things that are inconvenient in regards to what you want to see.

Fortunately, your comprehension does not make an argument valid or invalid, it just means that your ability to engage in a discussion is sharply diminished by your selectively narrowed scope of understanding. It is the same old, same old; these same threads always spawn people who tout their playstyle and their immersion and any mention of these points contrary to their argument is quickly dismissed.

The name of game in these threads is "the goalposts are wherever I say they are".

Not at all, we just seem to read exactly the same words but come to different conclusions about what they meant.
Perhaps our own opinions colouring them somewhat.

As for the goalposts, they haven’t moved at all.

The ADS was needlessly removed and reinstating it would have no impact on FSS users at all, if they chose not to fit it.
That removal remains the own goal that FD completely needlessly conceded, and could so easily rectify.

All the rest is just fluff and nonsense.

For you to be involved in a debate you would need to be putting forward an argument. And though I know you seem to disagree, "I want it" is not an argument.

The argument has been put forward many times, so you know very well that your characterisation of it is utter garbage.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom