The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Phoenix Nebula Geyser sites

Dryiquae BW-C c26-1

Geysers on 8A -55.15 / 98.42 are still presented but are water magma now (geo 25)
Geysers on 8A -16.50 / 16.40 are moved to -19.10 / 14.80 (geo 10) and are water too
Geysers on 8D 38.22 / 128.75 are deleted

No more geysers at Eotchorks VT-G c27-0

P.S. These may be removed to archive anyway, but at least there would be a division between "deleted" and "outdated"

Name:TBD till I claim at cartography station
Game map search ref:(Provide the exact procedural name of the POI you discovered - if its a nebula choose a system within the nebula to act as its reference location)
Description:A planet with a outer ring radius of 7.1 million km. (23.3 ls span )
Screenshot reference:

Last edited:
I do but I want to make sure it goes to the right people to confirm before giving it out and putting my name on it at a cartography station.
Oh, my. That is nice! Don't think I've seen such large rings around a planet (not secondary star). Do you happen to have screnshot of orerry map?

Last edited:
Byua Aoscs PJ-E b2 (Kepler's Fantasy)

A small addition to the POI:

The system also hosts an ammonia-based life gas giant (planet 5) that is orbited by four I class gas giants. The view is not as epic as with the A1 planet but still can be worth a visit, considering that one of the orbiting giants has a moon, which can be used for observing all of them on the horizon.

Attachments

• 20190804034019_1.jpg
    20190804034019_1.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 306
  • 20190804034027_1.jpg
    20190804034027_1.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 311
  • 20190804034546_1.jpg
    20190804034546_1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 298
  • 20190804034715_1.jpg
    20190804034715_1.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 325
Special Map Update: Archiving outdated POIs - 1st sorting COMPLETED

With the map fully updated we have begun the process of archiving POIs that have either disappeared due to game updates or have become less spectacular as our knowledge of the ED galaxy has grown.

So basically in this 1st sorting we have tried to identify those POIs that would probably not have been accepted if they had been submitted today. In other words we have not looked at when a POI was submitted, but have tried to meassure all POIs to the GMP standards and practice as they stand today. But since the GMP is closer to art than to science there will also allways be a subjective element when doing the sorting.

We would also like to stress that this is a 1st sorting - a sort of draft if you will - and that hundreds of POIs were sorted in a very short time to kickstart the process. (It might have taken months to evaluate all of these thoroughly). There is bound to be some bad calls or wrong choices in this draft - which is why we are now taking a bit more time to consider the draft and having more eyes look at it before we proceed.

Archived POIs have been moved to the "Other POIs" category and given an "Archived: " prefix. At a later time we hope to move all of these archived POIs into a seperate category on EDSM, but this is not possible at this time.

At this time WE WOULD LIKE TO ASK FOR YOUR HELP
to make sure we have not by mistake archived something that deserves keeping!

All the archived POIs, as well as instructions on how you can help, can be found in this document.

Should you feel that we have made a bad call regarding the archiving of a specific POI we encourage you to make a forum post here and explain why we should reconsider.

--------------------------

List of archived POIs by original category (at time of processing):
Other POIs:
  • Assairshch Torment
  • Borchgrevink Point
  • Causality of Lotus
  • Dawn Crater
  • Delos
  • Deuteros
  • Distant Tan
  • Eembaist Torment
  • Eminentem Sidus
  • The Far Bridge
  • Gleshpoint
  • Greene Plain
  • Heliotropeia Monoceratos
  • Hesperus
  • The Hypaa Byio Buoy
  • Kyloall Oddity
  • Lady Huggins Cluster
  • Lynx Legacy
  • Midas' Respite
  • Midway Geysers
  • Misty Mountains of Byeia Free
  • The Mysterious Light
  • Niteo Gigans
  • Oob
  • The Pandragonis Terrestrials
  • Pink Marshmallow
  • Roseum Somnium
  • Shadow Geysers
  • The Spiderweb
  • Spinney
  • Steam Horse Nebula Geysers
  • The Sublustris Beacon
  • Sword of Damocles
  • The 'Treehouse
  • Tristar Beacon
  • Venture's Reach
  • Vigs' Beacon
  • Westpoint Ormand
Organic Features:
  • Altered Hortensia
  • Animula Spires
  • Belle de Fontenay
  • The Brain Forest
  • Espinoza's Happiness
  • Garden of Eden
  • Ice Garden
  • Opposites Attract
  • Spires of Sorrow
Geyser/Fumaroles:
  • Alectrona (Morning Mists)
  • Baton's Geyser
  • Bhare (Vostok Canyon)
  • The Blue Diamond
  • Car Wash
  • Cat's Paw Sector HR-W d1-238 geysers
  • Creme Brulee Geysers
  • Eta Cassiopeia (New Moon Smokers) <-- deleted as this POI renamed an allready named system
  • Flaming Fracture
  • HIP 15882 geysers <-- candidate for deletion as this POI names an allready named system
  • HIP 17401 (Gaze of the Sulphur Eye) <-- candidate for deletion as this POI names an allready named system
  • HIP 23759 Geysers <-- candidate for deletion as this POI names an allready named system
  • HIP 60953 (Mists of Elivágar) <-- candidate for deletion as this POI names an allready named system
  • HIP 61061 (Geysers of 61) <-- candidate for deletion as this POI names an allready named system
  • Land of Giant Crystals
  • Melis Geysers
  • Mineral Clouds
  • Necropolis Chasm
  • Persephone's Hidden Gem
  • Premonition Geysers
  • Purple Unicorn
  • Reclamation Geysers
  • Red Fog Rising
  • Rubiline Refuge
  • Sagan Springs
  • Selene's Rest
  • Siebold White Smoker
  • Sisyphos' Rock
  • The Smokehole
  • Turqoise Fountain
  • Valley of Vapour
  • Veil Nebula Basin
  • Yellow fountains
Geological (Topographical):
  • Angel's Heart
  • The Arkgamanon Mountain Range
  • The Bleak Crown
  • Bleia's Fluorite
  • Crippen’s Basin
  • Defenders Of Talmor
  • Don Quijote
  • Haipeng Landing
  • Heavenly Mists
  • Komarov’s Canyon
  • Mount Glenn
  • Newet
  • The Smiling Crater
  • Teiwaz
  • Thana's Wasteland (Xuan Wu Abode)
Planetary Features:
  • Agnairt Expedition Basecamp
  • The Alluring Siren
  • Alpha Process
  • Angerona
  • Aquarius
  • Aquitania
  • Arcadia and Thera
  • Arethusa
  • Arissa's Orbs
  • Aristo
  • Banded Azane
  • Blacklight
  • Blue Heaven
  • The Cauldron of Life
  • Celeri Transitu
  • Circulum
  • Circulum Acies
  • The Crown of Skadi
  • Cybele
  • Cyrannus
  • Daughters of Aegir
  • Dhat-Badan
  • Diamond & Zirconia
  • Diamond Ring
  • Doomed Waters
  • Doris
  • Double Trouble
  • Envious Prince
  • Farrago
  • Fireshadow
  • Four Suns Earth
  • Gaseous roulette
  • Ghalatis
  • Gibb's Bridge
  • Gloria Atlantica
  • Golgotha Twins
  • Goliath's Sling
  • The Gorgons
  • The Great Wall of Syrivai
  • Guardian of the Twins
  • Helios Toxotes
  • Helium View
  • Hellsreach
  • Ice on fire
  • Ivan Almar's Dream
  • Jewelry Box
  • Jovian Assembly
  • Juego de Bolos
  • Karmeliet
  • Keelblack Rings
  • Last Stop Saloon
  • Leda
  • Life On The Edge
  • Little Trojan
  • Lombard Trinary
  • Loneworld
  • Lovers Dance of Life
  • Mariner’s Prospect
  • Merilhir
  • Mors et Vitae
  • Neighbouring Necklaces
  • New Vista
  • Nonnatus
  • Oceana
  • Oceanus Coelis
  • Old Regaurus Point
  • Oupailks Furnace
  • Permadesco Freckie
  • Permadesco Zoi
  • Perseus' Wedding
  • Poseidon
  • Prieluia's Furnace
  • Rattla
  • Rautila Taw
  • Red Dust
  • Red Planet
  • Red Prophecy
  • Regal and Celerity
  • Reverberation
  • Rock Hazard
  • Rusty Rings
  • The Scarred Planet
  • Separated Twins
  • Shepard's Endeavour
  • Shi Cheng
  • Siamese Twins
  • The Siren
  • Space Potatos
  • Speculo System
  • Stairway To Heaven
  • Stokkseyri
  • Teapot Trap
  • Terra Madre
  • Torus
  • Trapped Sheperds
  • 'Trinus' Blue
  • Tunveer's World
  • Udjat
  • Vendetta's Gate
  • Venenum Geminos
  • The Well of Expectations
  • Wheels Within Wheels
Stellar Features:
  • Aishaidy Beacon
  • Atlas II
  • The Brothers
  • Byeethe Torment
  • Cornells' Wheel
  • Dance of Cerberus
  • Draco Rufus Claim
  • Eye of the Gods
  • Eyes of Riker
  • The Four Muses
  • Ignis
  • Joplin Waypoint
  • The Lighthouse
  • The Norma Southern Gate
  • Plae Free Monolith
  • Proximity Rock
  • Twirling Death Stellar Remnant
  • Weqea Torment
  • Will-o'-Wisp
  • Wings of Mercury
Black Hole:
  • Brüder Grimm <- Candidate for deletion/renaming since the POI renames a RL astronomical object
  • Dante's Inferno
  • Sceadu
Planetary Nebula:

(All of the PNs below are potential candidates for deletion. They were added at a time were we had not fully realised just HOW MANY planetary nebulae were to be found in the galactic core. At the time we were operating with a "all PNs should be included policy" - and it was also my mistake for going along and including all of these generic PNs before realising it would end up cluttering the map needlessly...)
  • Aunair Alpha Quebec
  • Baukoa Juliet nebula cluster
  • Braisio Juliet Nebula Cluster
  • Byoomeae Juliet nebula cluster
  • Byoomi Archer Alpha
  • Byoomao Blue Remnant
  • Byoomu Juliet nebula cluster
  • Choomaae Archer Alpha
  • Dryoea Bli nebula cluster
  • Dryoea Prau Juliet Alpha
  • Dryuae Chruia nebula cluster
  • Dumbai Juliet nebula cluster
  • Dumboea Archer Alpha
  • Dumbooe Bravo Lima
  • Dumbooe Kilo Charlie
  • Eembaisk Juliet nebula cluster
  • Eoch Bli Juliet Alpha
  • Eos Free Oscar Delta
  • Eorl Broae nebula cluster
  • Froarks nebula cluster
  • Juenae Juliet Alpha
  • Juenoi Archer Alpha
  • Lyaisae Juliet Nebula Cluster
  • Phipoea Archer Alpha
  • Phoi Aod Nebula Cluster
  • Phoi Auscs Juliet Alpha
  • Phoi Auwsy nebula cluster
  • Phraa Pra Archer Alpha
  • Phraa Pruae nebula cluster
  • Phrio Prao Juliet Alpha
  • Phrio Prao Juliet Beta
  • Phroea Ploe nebula cluster
  • Phroea Prao Juliet Alpha
  • Phroea Prao Juliet Beta
  • Phroi Pruae nebula cluster
  • Phua Aub Nebula Cluster
  • Scheau Prao Juliet Alpha
  • Schee Flyuae Subway Alpha
  • Schee Ploe nebula cluster
  • Schee Pri nebula cluster
  • Shrogaei Nebula Cluster
  • Shrogeau Juliet nebula cluster
  • Stuemaea Victor Echo
  • Stuemaea Whiskey Juliett
  • Stuemau Archer nebula cluster
  • Stuemeae November Mike
  • Systimbu Archer Alpha
  • Theema Charlie Lima
  • Theema November Mike
  • Wepoae Juliet Alpha

Last edited:
Should you feel that we have made a bad call regarding the archiving of a specific POI we encourage you to make a forum post here and explain why we should reconsider.
[/SPOILER]
The criteria for what was seen as outdated and what was not are kinda unclear.
For example my "Jewelry Box" is only a few months old, found during DW2 but now got archived, while the Diamond Geysers/Grand Rings are much older and didn't.

Oops, it looks, I've initially misread "million" for "billion".

Just checked the list, made by cmdr. Orvidius, and it looks like that the current galactic record is a gas giant with 45.26 million (!) km. ring in system Col 107 Sector UY-Q b34-4. BTW, it is surprisingly near the Bubble and should be a nice place visit, though, I'm afraid that the ring may turn out to be invisible.

Still, 7 million km. ring is very large and rather rare, there is less than a thousand such rings in the whole EDSM database and moreover many of them are invisible and don't give chances for nice screenshots :) I hope you write the "address" of the system after you get tags :)

Last edited:
Why was Regal and Celerity archived? Not only was it a record holder, and still near it, but Earth-like moons of gas giants are much more rare than other entries still on the list (according to the data, 117 such ELMs out of 179,801 ELWs, 3,588 ELMs), such as binary ELWs (5,706 out of 179,801 ELWs).
Plus it's still a great photo op, what with being inside a nebula.

The criteria for what was seen as outdated and what was not are kinda unclear.

Good point - I should probably have added a bit more info to the update post to clarify the process. So basically in this 1st sorting we have tried to identify those POIs that would probably not have been accepted if they had been submitted today. In other words we have not looked at when a POI was submitted, but have tried to meassure all POIs to the GMP standards and practice as they stand today. But since the GMP is closer to art than to science there will also allways be a subjective element when doing the sorting.

I should also stress that this is a 1st sorting - a sort of draft if you will - and that hundreds of POIs were sorted in a very short time to kickstart the process. (It might have taken months to evaluate all of these thoroughly). There is bound to be some bad calls or wrong choices in this draft - which is why we are now taking a bit more time to consider the draft and having more eyes look at it before we proceed.

For example my "Jewelry Box" is only a few months old, found during DW2 but now got archived, while the Diamond Geysers/Grand Rings are much older and didn't.

Looking at Jewelry Box again, I feel we might have to work on the description or image material to drive home the point that this is a noteworthy system. If you could help by providing a link to more info on the system I would be happy to look at it again and perhabs expand the description.

Why was Regal and Celerity archived? Not only was it a record holder, and still near it, but Earth-like moons of gas giants are much more rare than other entries still on the list (according to the data, 117 such ELMs out of 179,801 ELWs, 3,588 ELMs), such as binary ELWs (5,706 out of 179,801 ELWs).
Plus it's still a great photo op, what with being inside a nebula.

Thank you for pointing out the rarity statistics. If we add this to the post it will be more apparent for the casual explorer (and tired GMP sorter) why this system should not be archived. EDIT: Also: in what way was it a record holder?
__

I guess these two examples illustrates another reason to proceed like this - as it might improve the GMP both from the sorting and from more detailed descriptions of some of the POIs.

Keep ´em comming :)

Last edited:
Thank you for pointing out the rarity statistics. If we add this to the post it will be more apparent for the casual explorer (and tired GMP sorter) why this system should not be archived. EDIT: Also: in what way was it a record holder?
In that it does a complete orbit around its parent in 1.26 days. At the time, IIRC the only other ELM that did so was a terraformed one. Looks like there are about two dozen more procedurally generated ones with shorter orbital periods now, although some of those are due to binary orbits.

As mentioned in the post, this is even better because the gas giant it orbits is ringed, and the plane of the rings doesn't match the plane the moon orbits, so the view of them would change fairly quickly for anyone on the surface.

And as a bonus they're all actually stars too - no brown dwarfs, T Tauris, or Herbigs!

Makes me wonder if a double-sextuple system is possible.

Life on the Edge? Granted the name is not imaginative (and I'm open to any and all suggestions on that). I know that there are BH + ELW out there in some quantity, the combination of all present in the system I'm unsure of as far as rarity goes, though I'd imagine it's at least somewhat rare as I don't see any other BH systems similar to it in the category on the map.

Looking at Jewelry Box again, I feel we might have to work on the description or image material to drive home the point that this is a noteworthy system. If you could help by providing a link to more info on the system I would be happy to look at it again and perhabs expand the description.
Hm, difficult. It was found as part of DW2 Stage 3 "Mapping the Aphelion".
The point that makes it noteworthy is it basically being a collection of multiple minor POI in 1 system: Ringed planets in close orbits to each other, at least 4 different types of Bio sites on different planets, colourful class IV Gas Giants and a high G landable with pretty rings lit up by B-class stars. Don't really have more image material, system has been tagged by @Shnyrik so maybe he has some more.

Nadelwald or Yttrium forest

Cleayia XA-U d4-0 C 11 a

Biological and geological sites (Crysal shards and fumaroles), 90% of the material it provides is Yttrium (bio site no. 4).

EDIT

Site no. 3 and no. 1 also provide nearly 100% Yttrium, you can easily re-fill your resources.

System is a green system, it also have a water-world inside.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2377.jpg
    Screenshot_2377.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 310
  • Screenshot_2378.jpg
    Screenshot_2378.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 2,928
  • Screenshot_2379.jpg
    Screenshot_2379.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 308
  • Screenshot_2380.jpg
    Screenshot_2380.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 252
  • Screenshot_2381.jpg
    Screenshot_2381.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 304
  • Screenshot_2383.jpg
    Screenshot_2383.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
system has been tagged by Shnyrik so maybe he has some more

Well, that's a surprise :) First of all, I happen to be one of only three (according to EDSM data) pilots to visit the system. Second, I appear to be the first of three to reach civilization. And third, I actually have some screenshots, however I'm not really sure they will be of help.

PZUlV71.jpg

yRqN2z2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom