Ingame merit leaderboard against 5c

This Rubberduck guy makes 5c sound awesome. Going to give it a go with that dumb spider logo power.

hqdefault.jpg

From what I understood (not much to be honest) Sandro's proposal seemed quite decent actually. Unfortunately he then thoroughly undermined his ow.n ideas with his notoriously unwise Open Only brain fart - from a technical as well as psychological point of view. This alone deviated all attention away from the good stuff.

As not to derail the topic, but rather than being a fart a lot of the proposal relies on Open only to work. Fort direction, mega UM, and reduced BGS footprint are intended to squeeze players together and arguably were the only 'real' new content on offer in that update. The rest was anti 5C which although welcome was not anything beyond what we have now in gameplay terms. Saying that I put a spin on what Sandro thought about missions (which was a bit wooly), thinking these would play a much bigger part outside the haul / UM / expand loop.

I think FD are intelligent enough to filter out the noise.

I think FD are intelligent enough to filter out the noise.

One would hope - though sometimes I suspect they make their tea with vintage Thames water.

The biggest hurdle of all to overcome, I suspect, is that what was released in 1.0 was a framework, and they subsequently started building the foundation after, and then, for reasons only they can really know, started what appears to us, to haphazardly start tacking up bits here and there to that framework, while trying to reposition it on that foundation, while still tacking up bits here and there.

Sure, in the end we'll end up with a beautiful house that will stand the test of time, but we're trying to occupy it, while they're building in, in a matter that is reminiscent of something you'd see in a vintage 50's cartoon. And we're starting to realize just how maddening it can be.

Perhaps their method really is genius, and we just can't see the big picture. Perhaps their method is madness, and we're just being swept up in it. Ultimately it's the final end result that really matters. Unfortunately this also means that "this thing", whatever it is that drives each of us to the edge, will have to get whatever attention, spit-and-polish or whatever, when it does, and we have no real way of divining when that might be.

One would hope - though sometimes I suspect they make their tea with vintage Thames water.

The biggest hurdle of all to overcome, I suspect, is that what was released in 1.0 was a framework, and they subsequently started building the foundation after, and then, for reasons only they can really know, started what appears to us, to haphazardly start tacking up bits here and there to that framework, while trying to reposition it on that foundation, while still tacking up bits here and there.

Sure, in the end we'll end up with a beautiful house that will stand the test of time, but we're trying to occupy it, while they're building in, in a matter that is reminiscent of something you'd see in a vintage 50's cartoon. And we're starting to realize just how maddening it can be.

Perhaps their method really is genius, and we just can't see the big picture. Perhaps their method is madness, and we're just being swept up in it. Ultimately it's the final end result that really matters. Unfortunately this also means that "this thing", whatever it is that drives each of us to the edge, will have to get whatever attention, spit-and-polish or whatever, when it does, and we have no real way of divining when that might be.

My thoughts are FD introduced it early as they wanted PP to be an integral part of a players journey through the game. Sadly its wound up that after several direction changes due to serial reorganisations PP is now in the wilderness regardless of problems. I hold out hope for something in December or 2020 but beyond that its game over for the feature for many.

Top Bottom