INRA Base Discoveries

Um... so I was looking at maps out in the vicinity of Horsehead Nebula/Barnard's Loop. And I found an inhabited star system there. PMD 2009 48 has a population of 5,000 and a tourism economy. Oddly, I can't plot a route out there (not sure if it's permit-locked or just over 1,000 LY and the map hates me?). Given the orange diagonal stripe in the screengrabs from the expo, I wonder if that or something in that area might not be what you're looking for...

You need to make it to the Witch Head Nebula for the route plotter to do its, thing, or just do it by hand

Worth the trip

Screenshot_1477.png

Just got home a little under an hour ago. Doing 8ish hours of driving in 24 hours can be a little on the rough side. However, the interview itself went well (in my opinion), and I should hear back from the company next week about next steps.

Back to INRA... I presume no one is currently in the vicinity of the Tourist Centre to take a look? I may hop on in a little bit and think about heading out that way.

Maybe a better question is... do we have a central place to collate all the information we have so far? Or to organize a concerted search effort? I'd like to do the same thing with Equinox - there's a theory that the GCS Thunderchild is out in space somewhere and may also hold some clues to the Thargoids and to GalCop.

Anyone thought that maybe in a possible chance that the planet can be mostly a moon with a Blue white sun or a sun similar of color reflecting the ground to look like an ice planet?.

INRA starts out as a Thargoid Research organisation then shifts to weaponising their findings... AEGIS starts out as a Thargoid Research organisation then, shifts to making the biggest Thargoid-smakkers they can, especially when the aforementioned Thargoids start to adapt and evolve..... Deja Vu, anyone?

"The word is about, there's something evolving,
Whatever may come, the world keeps revolving...
They say the next big thing is here,
That the revolution's near,

But to me it seems quite clear
That's it's all just a little bit of history repeating."

[Alex Gifford, The Propellerheads, 1997]

Yesterday I searched Hermitage 4A for other INRA bases and I found .. nothing. However there is a pattern. Inside the canyon where the base is there are mutiple armed to the teeth System Defence Forces. They do appear elsewhere but not with that kind of weaponry. So I thought I just have to find another canyon with these special SDFs but as I said I did not find any.

Today I had this crazy idea while actually having a shower:

What if there is an INRA base on Pleiades Sector AB-W B2-4 9A.

Just experienced a non human ss for the first time. Holy moly that guy was angry. I did nothing and he summoned his swarm... got the black box and then high waked out.

Last edited:
Yesterday I searched Hermitage 4A for other INRA bases and I found .. nothing. However there is a pattern. Inside the canyon where the base is there are mutiple armed to the teeth System Defence Forces. They do appear elsewhere but not with that kind of weaponry. So I thought I just have to find another canyon with these special SDFs but as I said I did not find any.

Today I had this crazy idea while actually having a shower:

What if there is an INRA base on Pleiades Sector AB-W B2-4 9A.

Just experienced a non human ss for the first time. Holy moly that guy was angry. I did nothing and he summoned his swarm... got the black box and then high waked out.

Yeah, there's loads aren't there! EfilOne reported that he found lots of them before finding the base.

IMHO it's a very strong indicator of something very out of the ordinary and I've been keeping an eye out for it elsewhere. I didn't look elsewhere on Hermitage 4 a, but that was a very good shout, + rep.

That's also an interesting idea about the base being on the same body as the crash site. Personally I'd guess no, but definitely worth a look.

Also, I wonder if the crash sites have got anything to do with the Thargoid ship parts mentioned in the logs from the INRA base. Although at least 1 of all the main parts are there, there's not 8 of each and there's no hearts. (They missing bits might just have been destroyed or buried in the crash of course.)

Yeah, there's loads aren't there! EfilOne reported that he found lots of them before finding the base.

IMHO it's a very strong indicator of something very out of the ordinary and I've been keeping an eye out for it elsewhere. I didn't look elsewhere on Hermitage 4 a, but that was a very good shout, + rep.

That's also an interesting idea about the base being on the same body as the crash site. Personally I'd guess no, but definitely worth a look.

Also, I wonder if the crash sites have got anything to do with the Thargoid ship parts mentioned in the logs from the INRA base. Although at least 1 of all the main parts are there, there's not 8 of each and there's no hearts. (They missing bits might just have been destroyed or buried in the crash of course.)

I was one of the ones brute forcing the search, i was however searching planet 2 and there were a lot of system defense ships and skimmer type areas in the canyons on that planet. Perhaps go look there maybe?

I was one of the ones brute forcing the search, i was however searching planet 2 and there were a lot of system defense ships and skimmer type areas in the canyons on that planet. Perhaps go look there maybe?

Sounds like a good shout to me!

Just to check, do you mean Hermitage or the system with the crashed Thargoid ship?

Last edited:
Hi all,

I m a newbie in this game but i find this one really strange...

I went to hermitage system and i couldn't find 4A. All i had was 1, 1A, 2, 3. That's it.
Any explanation? i'm on PS4.

Thx!

Hi all,

I m a newbie in this game but i find this one really strange...

I went to hermitage system and i couldn't find 4A. All i had was 1, 1A, 2, 3. That's it.
Any explanation? i'm on PS4.

Thx!

Hey there, welcome to the game!

This sounds like you've got either a Basic Discovery Scanner or Intermediate Discovery Scanner. The have a range of 500 and 1,000 ls respectively. Hermitage 4 is just over 1,000ls out from where you enter those systems , so those scanners won't pick them up.

Populated systems usually have Nav Beacons near where you enter the system which you can scan to get all the bodies in a system. Hermitage doesn't have one though, so that's not an option in this case.

Your options are:
- Ask another cmdr in-system to lead you there
- Buy an Advanced Discovery Scanner (this will detect all bodies in a system). Costs about 1.5 MCr.
- Fly out to 1,000 ls from the star, and then do a loop of the star at that distance, scanning regularly. You'll pick it up when you're in range of your scanner. This needs to be in the orbital plane of the planets in the system. You can get the plane either by lining them up in the HUD or by switching on Orbit Lines (the option for this is in the Right Hand UI menu under 'Functions').

Hope that helps!

This sounds like you've got either a Basic Discovery Scanner or Intermediate Discovery Scanner. The have a range of 500 and 1,000 ls respectively. Hermitage 4 is just over 1,000ls out from where you enter those systems , so those scanners won't pick them up.

Populated systems usually have Nav Beacons near where you enter the system which you can scan to get all the bodies in a system. Hermitage doesn't have one though, so that's not an option in this case.

Your options are:
- Buy an Advanced Discovery Scanner (this will detect all bodies in a system). Costs about 1.5 MCr.
- Fly out to 1,000 ls from the star, and then do a loop of the star at that distance, scanning regularly. You'll pick it up when you're in range of your scanner. This needs to be in the orbital plane of the planets in the system. You can get the plane either by lining them up in the HUD or by switching on Orbit Lines (the option for this is in the Right Hand UI menu under 'Functions').

Hope that helps!

OR
you can fly aloop at an angle to the orbital plane looking for bodies that move against the background, thereby using parallax to discover new things (like we all had to do in the good old days before we could afford ADS ;)). See https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=itkIhPRxAPQ

Your options are:

Hope that helps!

I have to say, Elite's community is definitely the best one i met through my gaming carreer Thanks a miillion!
Gonna invest right away and go again!

Safe flight CMDR!

Top Bottom