INRA Base Discoveries

I've enhanced that base station image for the star pattern

Beige :D

With some grey areas.

Just made a new capture of the scenery, from the 4k youtube version, and tryed to enhanced the pic to get more details by tunning the levels, the luminosity and the contrast.
If it can help.

I am pretty sure frontier learned from the past. we already saw that in the trailer for the alien structures. Point is: You cannot get the picture exactly like in the trailer.
There is just not more dust you can add. Get towards the core and that takes over. Get out and the whole galaxy lights up. From the outer arm i could not see any dust. Only a bright band of light.

These are the two images that were enhanced (mostly made brighter) ... just for reference.

With the first image, I didn't do any color adjustment .... so that one is probably the more "natural" color of the sky which, I have to admit, looks like a "degraded" section of the Milky Way

One thing I've noticed is that when looking at the milk way in the vicinity of one of the brown dwarf stars, the contrast in the milky way drops substantially and it looks a lot more like in the screenshot in the trailer.

Possibly it's just a similar effect due to being on the light side of the planet in the trailer. (My screenshots from the site are all in darkness so I can't tell from those.)

Anyone got any shots of the Milky Way from an srv on the light side of Hermitage 4 a?

Checkout this youtube approaching the base through the broken gate. I'm not so sure the Hermitage base isn't the one in the trailer, between differences in time of day, orbits, graphics cards and then FDEV video processing and editing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5tU6wR9FFo

Excellent, thank you.

Your Welcome ! Ya was nice to see all the signage there ... Would be interesting to see if someone with better graphics can make out what the side of the crates say.

BDJXIFu.jpg

Second base found ba CMDR SILEO (a french CMDR / Wing Atlantis) !
Probably the trailer base.

HIP 15329 A 3 C -62.61 -44.26

soon the Sileo method to find it (translation...)

Tres bien messieurs !

That's a different base to the one in the Trailer, which has a loose sign and #25 .... wonder how many there are then? This just discovered base says #23 (on the blue sign, right hand side)

Second INRA base just found, by a Wing Atlantis member, Cmdr Syleo, using the criterias Wing Atlantis and OSIRIS defined to find the first one.

System map :
20171013145403_1.jpg

HIP 15329 a 3 c -62.61 -44.26

Initialy, we defined the following criterias :

Dark System
Icy world
0 pop
A lot of convois and local forces
Around Alioth.

But, this uncovering invalidate the criterias "Dark System".

So, we think that the criterias must be revised like followed :

Primaries :
Icy world, rocky world
Low gravity
0 pop
A lot of convois and local forces
Around Alioth.

Secondaries :
Dark System
Synchrone rotation
Blue ravines
volcanism with aqueous geysers
Skybox matching.

Few other screenshots :

359320_20171015215248_1.png

Screenshot_0033.jpg

Cmdr Sileo also used some methods for finding this one. As Aymerix said, complete method will follow soon.

Last edited:
I've been following what seems to have been how Hermitage 4a was found:

An update on the above, post, have looked closer the criteria should possibly be light/white icy body with blue canyons.

I think some others may have been doing similar but I've not been keeping track particularly.

My list of checked systems is below. These very loosely start very close to Alioth and spread out from there.

That list has some candidate systems which are roughly in the Alioth - Hermitage line but further out. I haven't checked the colours of the icy bodies on them yet.

The best candidate I've found so far is Perkwunos B1 - it's a match on all criteria, but the convoys in system are explorers, not military:

I'm terrible at surface searches so that's as far as I've got with that one, and I've concentrated on trying to find other candidate planets.

Lir has 3 possible bodies, but having looked closer, none of them have blue canyons:

I think the latest list of search ideas from the main organisers is here (there may be a more recent list though.):

I've been trying various TType stars within 100ly of Sol. If they have landables they are always 20k icy planets. There is a lot of dust around TT which can greatly affect the appearance of the galaxy, however I've not yet found anything that matches the skybox of the base in the Expo trailer; I suspect some of the bodies in that skybox may be local planets.

Base number in my enhanced image (from the trailer) is either 25 or 2S .... Base number just found is 23

Last edited:
@Lightspeed : all bases are C23 (Trailer, Hermitage, and HIP), we didn't find any C25 so far (or i'm blind, and it's possible ! :) )

LOL ... my eyes are not good, but I used a magnifying glass on the image posted at #10 in this thread, and then looked at the new site just found.

Top Bottom