INRA Base Discoveries

Why do the logs keep calling little moons "systems"?

As for the numbers on the entrance signs, I totally thought the 23 in the second image in Lobey's post was "2S". Methinks the number may not be an indicator

Viper 4 npc in here as well now - defn seems to be generating "poi" content.

Viper is below me - python to right - base across ravine - another 2k beyond that is the defended drilling area.

Last edited:
Why do the logs keep calling little moons "systems"?

As for the numbers on the entrance signs, I totally thought the 23 in the second image in Lobey's post was "2S". Methinks the number may not be an indicator

Yes, they could both be 2S ..... all the other markings, representing ageing, and a dark splodge on rhs below the number is the same, so it is likely a FD template for all these sites.

Ok be wary in here - had two timed data points to activate to get a 5th data bank dump - system defense craft started patroling soon as I activated - prob just regular npc "Poi" type stuff - but be wary - not sure if they would have gone hostile if i hadn't made the timer.

Started to use the hairbrush from 28.0948 ; -63.2195 to 38,2071 ; -53,1611, with a curvy way to follow the rift = no base there !
Do we have a map tool for this one ? because, we don't have skybox to help there...

Haha! I happen to be in Alnath by chance right now (long bookmarked it to go back to because it's an interesting system in its own right). Except, I'm around BC 1 - 360kls from A 2 A A. But hey.

Commencing sweep.

Second INRA base just found, by a Wing Atlantis member, Cmdr Syleo, using the criterias Wing Atlantis and OSIRIS defined to find the first one.

System map :

Initialy, we defined the following criterias :

Dark System
Icy world
0 pop
A lot of convois and local forces
Around Alioth.

But, this uncovering invalidate the criterias "Dark System".

So, we think that the criterias must be revised like followed :

Primaries :
Icy world, rocky world
Low gravity
0 pop
A lot of convois and local forces
Around Alioth.

Secondaries :
Dark System
Synchrone rotation
Blue ravines
volcanism with aqueous geysers
Skybox matching.

Few other screenshots :

Cmdr Sileo also used some methods for finding this one. As Aymerix said, complete method will follow soon.
Awesome work!

Validates the basic search principles too!

INRA base in Alnath has been found.

Documentation to follow.

qYqXHa3.png

Logs.

zLgmLfI.png

7fuVYA4.png

gvARJyH.png

RVpJPtS.png

Webk2t6.png

Additional photos of the site.

18EEeSH.png

XGiEtzF.png