INRA Base Discoveries

Am I right in thinking that we still haven't found the base shown in the trailer? I haven't been able to match the skybox or the two scenes to a single base. I guess it could be that the trailer actually showed scenes from two bases.

I am under moderation cause im new on the forum... so i cant post images.
You dont look the good side of the planet.
https://i.imgur.com/s7kaHGt.jpg

The planet rotate since the trailer was made :)

HIP 15329 skybox match perfectly, just 3 points left if you remove the stars on the trailer image.
See my post when you remove the star :
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/383412-INRA-Base-Discoveries?p=6039286&viewfull=1#post6039286

sorry for my dumb english :(

Last edited:
No you are wrong HIP 15329 is the trailer skybox :)

Cause the trailer was made long time ago and the planet rotate.

If you remove stars of the actual skybox, you have :

The 3 points left are used to determined which planet it is.

Ah, thanks. I didn't check from the planet because obviously the view would be different but I must have missed the match anyway (from space). Or maybe I didn't check at all because the base doesn't match the other scene from the trailer.

So it looks like the two scenes from the trailer are from different bases we've already found.

I am under moderation cause im new on the forum... so i cant post images.

I approved the post for you ;)

Last edited:
If your near the RHEA system then a look in the 2 conflict zones near Rhea5, than don’t show on the map is worth it.
one has a FNS Farragut class battlecruser the other has one in as well as a Magestic class Interdictor boy can they blast ships apart

Small observation for finding bases once leaving the supercruise. I have low-spec laptop with low settings, none of them are altered, only low resolution. I can spot POIs around the bases from really far away in the pitch dark (not the base itself) because they are small light sparks, long before my radar picks them as POIs. So in a radius of 100km I do not even need a radar to locate the base (if some POI is around the base).

Last edited:
So, looking at the logs, it looks like Stuart Retreat (Base 2) is a starting point which leads to all the other bases found, including Hollis Gateway (Base 1) on Hermitage 4 A.

What I would like to know is, what exists in-game which leads to Stuart Retreat (Base 2)? Is it a mission, tip-off or Listening Post? If the 2nd base was found through sheer luck or sky-box matching, then it would be good to find the actual in-game mechanic which leads to the 2nd base.

Yes... and that means we can't compare the bits in the pit with anything doesn't it?

True, but the bits in the pit are the remains of Thargoids, so may give an indication of what they look like & their size. From the screenshots here the skull looks to me rather like Alien. Must visit, with a tape measure.

I'm sure this has already been noted, but Aegis sounds like a new version of INRA from the logs at Site 2. So, are we just repeating history here?

We may need to. According to the new lore the goids we are seeing are relatively friendly Klaxians, who will be followed by the ravening hordes of murderous Klaxians. We may need another mycoid soon....

Good job finding the "last" base, well done. I yoghurted the dark side for 2 hours yesterday evening too before I got too tired.
Wonder if there are other bases taking the logs at Hermitage 4 into account ("12 projects..").

The posts with full text. (Bits at the top cut off from a few, but it's the same headers on all of them):

Interestingly the bioweapon (presumably mycoid fungus) had an effect on human samples. Was this why an antidote was needed, to prevent it spreading thoroughout humanity (and all the plastic bags we produce)?
So where are the infected humans? We saw several clandestine medical facilities around the bubble over the last year where "patient" had run amok, or been "sanitised"; I suspect a link!

I'm currently doing a tour of these in VR ... highly recommended. The unfolding storyline and atmosphere of the individual bases is just incredible - Base 3 is creepy as hell! Nice work on this FD, top quality!

Good job finding the "last" base, well done. I yoghurted the dark side for 2 hours yesterday evening too before I got too tired.
Wonder if there are other bases taking the logs at Hermitage 4 into account ("12 projects..").

I think the implication was that the 12 projects were all running at Hollis Gateway, & the mycoid discovery was the pastime of a junior researcher who did his own thing. However there should be at least one more INRA base as the the last one found (LP 389-95 7) mentions the project was moved elsewhere but gave no clue as to where. And as Cmdr Taimaru says above there should be a clue to the location of Stuart Retreat somewhere, which might be another base.
the counter argument to that is that FD gave us a visual clue in the expo trailer....

Last edited:
The logs of last base that was found mention the base being moved to a different location. Was the move because scientists had completed their work on the mycoid virus and the next step would have been to test it in a real scenario, on real, live Thargoids? If so, then perhaps it was moved closer to the Thargoids location of that time (where the massive battle where they deployed the Mycoid virus took place)? And that's where the last base could be?

In FFE the vaccine was produced at the 'Inter-Gal/Sirius Medical Research Complex' on Hotice 1.
Hotice is not in the ED galaxy. Probably a case of tactical renaming.

True, but the bits in the pit are the remains of Thargoids, so may give an indication of what they look like & their size. From the screenshots here the skull looks to me rather like Alien. Must visit, with a tape measure.
Look at the shape of the pit, and notice that it has open sides. It's clearly ship remains, and not actual Thargoids.

Interestingly the bioweapon (presumably mycoid fungus) had an effect on human samples. Was this why an antidote was needed, to prevent it spreading thoroughout humanity (and all the plastic bags we produce)?
So where are the infected humans? We saw several clandestine medical facilities around the bubble over the last year where "patient" had run amok, or been "sanitised"; I suspect a link!

I think it only affected human equipment and people with implants containing polymers.

This may have been the end of the android population from the older games. They may also have died from retcon. :D

"The legal defendant sits by 14 lumps of ice. They might be able to provide answers in shorthand". [weird]

Last edited:
Look at the shape of the pit, and notice that it has open sides. It's clearly ship remains, and not actual Thargoids.

Aliens were already poisoned before they were lifted with a crane from those 4 "prison" cells, and secured with mechanical claws (I suspect with retractable spikes). Nowhere to go.

The logs of last base that was found mention the base being moved to a different location. Was the move because scientists had completed their work on the mycoid virus and the next step would have been to test it in a real scenario, on real, live Thargoids? If so, then perhaps it was moved closer to the Thargoids location of that time (where the massive battle where they deployed the Mycoid virus took place)? And that's where the last base could be?
I would move the vaccine away from the battlefield. Out of reach of the enemy, somewhere remote (at that time). Then I would park a megaship near it to check if the Thagoids show up.

If you havnt figured it out yet: Im talking about the Serasvati. There has to be something there other than that ship. And its purpose has INRA written all over it.

Summary of INRA

Summary - At Hollis Gateway many scientists are working on Thargoid research in many different fields, a young Scientist accidentally discovers the Mycoid Virus which turns out is damaging to Thargoids. INRA take a great interest in this.

The Scientist then moves to Stuart retreat where he records Whistle Blowing logs on the whole Mycoid Virus and INRA and how it is creating a biological weapon and testing it on Thargoids. He feels guilty about discovering the Mycoid Virus

At Klatt enterprises another Scientist is experimenting with the Mycoid Virus and takes great pleasure in torturing the Thargoids with the virus in the testing pits, remnants of Thargoid body parts are still there. It seems like he may have lost people close to him because of the Thargoids

At Mayes Chemical Plant a site manager is sacked and replaced after questioning INRA's production schedule, her replacement tries to fulfill the schedule but fails and the batch is contaminated due to rushing. She eventually gets it right and ships the bulk Mycoid Virus to Hogan Depot

At Hogan Depot a worker there questions the fact that these containers contain pesticides, he gets suspicous about military involvement but before long some of the containers are shipped to Velasquez medical centre

At Velasquez medical centre Kiona Li Senior medical officer is told to work on an antidote for a secret biological weapon, she questions whether it is for human use. She discovers Mycoid is a Fungus, She finds a cure that doesn't reverse damage but stops the Mycoid fungus from spreading.

This lab is then dismantled and moved to an unknown location.

INRA are military, INRA have money power and influence and they are part of the Feds Imps.

Last edited:
I think the holding pen suspended a Thargoid Scout - the dimensions of the testing pen look about right for holding a circular Thargoid disc in the clamps...

Top Bottom