INRA Base Discoveries

The posts with full text. (Bits at the top cut off from a few, but it's the same headers on all of them):

lmFDymg.jpg

xQ9pJoj.jpg

gR3rJBx.jpg

sjV2Koh.jpg

fWOla7O.jpg

Interesting Developments

Presumably good to have a vaccine to any bio-weapon you deploy just in case it comes back (the testing on human organic materials) , but was it also part some ceasefire negotiations?

Interesting Developments

Presumably good to have a vaccine to any bio-weapon you deploy just in case it comes back (the testing on human organic materials) , but was it also part some ceasefire negotiations?

Well its pretty clear we delivered the mycoid, and apparently we gave them a mycoid that was more deadly and it was made more deadly by the vaccine being captured and used to make a stronger mycoid. SO. The question is now, is there any more bases? it mentions 12 research projects so the possibility is there

Already on route XD. Could do with so basic mats anyway. Would be flipping hilarious if something was there (I'm not expecting there to be).
You're crazy guy :D

Well its pretty clear we delivered the mycoid, and apparently we gave them a mycoid that was more deadly and it was made more deadly by the vaccine being captured and used to make a stronger mycoid. SO. The question is now, is there any more bases? it mentions 12 research projects so the possibility is there

12 projects doesn't mean necessary 12 bases. Some projects could share the same kind of resources.

Last edited:
Don't go there, it was a joke lol !
On partly! :) In the absence of anywhere else to look I'm heading back over to it for a look. Did you guys check it out at all?

(For everyone else's sake I'd better throw in my previous disclaimers that it's probably a wild goose chase and it's just over 25kls out! :D )

On partly! :) In the absence of anywhere else to look I'm heading back over to it for a look. Did you guys check it out at all?

(For everyone else's sake I'd better throw in my previous disclaimers that it's probably a wild goose chase and it's just over 25kls out! :D )
I'm done for today, for a last stand ^^

Advice please from anyone who's good at skybox matching!

How close a match am I looking at between this:

6ylObmz.jpg

And the area around the right side of the entrance in this:?

QOxWhkK.png

Advice please from anyone who's good at skybox matching!

How close a match am I looking at between this:

And the area around the right side of the entrance in this:?

There is some similarities but I think you just found an asterism.
The 3 stars seem matching with the ones on the screen of the teaser, but look at the area on the left your the first pic. It is not the same color than the one on the screen of the teaser. And the 2 stars just above the gantry, they are not on the first pic.

There is some similarities but I think you just found an asterism.
The 3 stars seem matching with the ones on the screen of the teaser, but look at the area on the left your the first pic. It is not the same color than the one on the screen of the teaser. And the 2 stars just above the gantry, they are not on the first pic.
Yeah, fair enough, I thought it was unlikely a few stars would constitute a match but just wanted to confirm with someone who knew what they were doing! Ta! :)

I have to mention that the OP was switched from Dangerous Discussion to Features of Elite -> Alien, renamed and sticked.
Afaik, it wasn't done after a request from us to Frontier or any moderators !

IMHO, it could be understanding as a validation from Frontier that there was no cheat or files digging out there, no ?

So, is it possible to shift all the salty discussions out of this thread, please ?

The move is not any indication of anything. I suggested it belonged in the aliens subforum and one of the other mods agreed. That's all.

Am I right in thinking that we still haven't found the base shown in the trailer? I haven't been able to match the skybox or the two scenes to a single base. I guess it could be that the trailer actually showed scenes from two bases.

Am I right in thinking that we still haven't found the base shown in the trailer? I haven't been able to match the skybox or the two scenes to a single base. I guess it could be that the trailer actually showed scenes from two bases.

I cannot speak for the skybox

But I would think there would be a few more INRA threads to be followed about their studies on the Thargoids that are not about the Mycoid

I cannot speak for the skybox

But I would think there would be a few more INRA threads to be followed about their studies on the Thargoids that are not about the Mycoid

I don't doubt there's more out there. Braben said, in his recent interview with DJ Truthsayer, that INRA doesn't exist for a reason, and that info is in the game. What we've seen so far doesn't explain why they don't exist any more. The challenge now is figuring out the next place to look.

The logs of last base that was found mention the base being moved to a different location. Was the move because scientists had completed their work on the mycoid virus and the next step would have been to test it in a real scenario, on real, live Thargoids? If so, then perhaps it was moved closer to the Thargoids location of that time (where the massive battle where they deployed the Mycoid virus took place)? And that's where the last base could be?

Last edited:
The logs of last base that was found mention the base being moved to a different location. Was the move because scientists had completed their work on the mycoid virus and the next step would have been to test it in a real scenario, on real, live Thargoids? If so, then perhaps it was moved closer to the Thargoids location of that time (where the massive battle where they deployed the Mycoid virus took place)? And that's where the last base could be?

It's worth a shot if we can find something on the first or last big battle it was used, there are a lot of planets between the last base and the thargoid zone, and doing it all Mrk1 eyeball would take years. I guess we start reading.

No you are wrong HIP 15329 is the trailer skybox :)

s7kaHGt.jpg

Cause the trailer was made long time ago and the planet rotate.

If you remove stars of the actual skybox, you have :
PO4Nqjs.jpg

The 3 points left are used to determined which planet it is.

Top Bottom