INRA Base Discoveries

We want the virus in case it can still be used on Thargoids or their tech.
We need any research they had - think they nicked the Alliance's Thargoid ship didn't they ? - it's prob in a hanger out there someplace (all the liitle gizmos in it will power up when the Thargoid mother ship comes near :p ).

What's an INRA?

Shady pseudo government crazytech people that developed a bio-weapon used against the thargoids last time around (FFE).

It was a joint Empire and Federation naval research organization to save humanity from the Thargoid threat at that time. Highly successful after deploying a biological weapon that destroyed Thargoid tech (and killed Thargoids).

Later some hippies got angry that they didn't get killed by Thargoids and shady beancounters convinced others that trade profits for a few is much better than survival of many.

Since we now have Aegis it looks like those beancounters realized the error of their ways.

Congrats - I had a nosy round here back when the game launched - have always been on the lookout for something from the original games , wonder how long it's been in game ?
Also wonder if we can find any containers of Mycoid Virus to recover ?, "old" Thargoid tech even ?
On my way - need to go over this system with a fine toothcomb.

Remember this thread which I posted in January? From Dav Stott's answer to a question:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...osts-of-humanity-in-the-deep-reaches-of-space
I guess this is one of them ! :) (But I don't think the Barnard's Loop one has been found yet)

Wait, so was it skybox matching? Or intuition? I'm confused. And I still haven't seen any proof that the skybox matched. I thought that Jarvis just "flew around Alioth" to find something that looked right? Although.. 60ly isn't really "around Alioth" to me. But what do I know? *shrug*

I think the question stands: Did the lucky explorers hack hack the game?

Now, wouldn't it be neat to get a Krait - with INRA decals\paint job - loaded up with "old" anti Thargoid weapons (maybe a little engineered - hey , we can adapt too, right ?) and go on a bug stomp :cool:

Skybox isn't the same. See here:
I4Iy8Ua.jpg

And the trailer for reference:
ajuZMAb.png

Base isn't the same either.

Skybox matching wouldn't work here. The coordinated group surface search is one thing, but getting to this particular system to to start with, which holds a different base with a different sky is strange...

I will say I looked in this system for INRA and original game related stuff - before we could even land on planets, so I don't find it unlikely that folk might look here - still bit needle in a haystack.

I will say I looked in this system for INRA and original game related stuff - before we could even land on planets, so I don't find it unlikely that folk might look here - still bit needle in a haystack.

So there is a lore base link to this system? Can you elaborate?

Wasnt The Hermitage system in the early (pre 1.0) beta where it was an Anarchy but for some reason had Federation Patrols, already standing out as strange.

I know no connection but makes me chuckle the INRA under our noises

To be honest I dont recall what took me in there to start with - first few weeks I was digging around in anything I could find with the most tenuous links to original elite games and oolite (Drew Wagar has a big hand in the lore there) - name sticks cause it made me think of the Hermitage in St Petersburg at the time.

Wasnt The Hermitage system in the early (pre 1.0) beta where it was an Anarchy but for some reason had Federation Patrols, already standing out as strange.

That's ringing a faint bell

It's all connected methinks...there may be other things related to the convoys with the UA's flying around certain systems in a loop around Sol...never really going anywhere. Might be things around there.

Well, I was gonna put on some tinfoil and ask whether that "biohazard" symbol was the usual human one, or maybe it meant something slightly different. I guess "mycohazard" fits pretty well!

Still room for some tinfoil :D Perhaps it's a thargoid symbol! Maybe there were some thargoids (of one faction or the other, who knows) who worked with INRA [noob] That's a stretch I think.

The goop looks like the fungi stuff we've found. The brain trees, the little spire things, and the melon thigns. Same color I think.

Makes sense. Mycoid is fungus or at least fungus like. The Guardians may have planted the Brain trees to make the planets 'no go' for Thargoids. Then INRA copied the idea.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Well they certainly brought a lot of Water and Coffee Beans with them :D They are obviously uncouth as I can't make out Tea listed on the container :p

Top Bottom