Islands Pack - Dream and Nightmares

Same thing as the one for the temperate pack. Post your favourite line up for an islands pack then post your least favourite roster for an islands pack. Felt this should be helpful seeing as an islands pack is likely for tomorrow.

Dream

Animal Pack

Some choices are bases on the clues we got not because they are My personal picks.

Kiwi
Tassie
Tree kangaroo
Rockhopper penguin
Sifaka
Marine iguana
Victoria crowned pigeon (too many birds i know but it is my dream)
WTE: lorikeet or sugar glider

Nightmare

Umm well not really much that can be nightmare material. Maybe an animal pack with the tanuki, cuban croco and american flamingo.

Even if it is a scenery pack with kiwi, tassie, quokka and penguin will be excited.

Dream:

Green sea turtle
Tasmanian devil
American flamingo
Walrus
Tree kangaroo
Coquerel Sifaka
Rockhopper Penguin
Rainbow Lorikeet or whatever other island bird

Nightmare

Completely centered around Oceania ignoring every other significant island in the world

Dream

Tasmanian Devil
Walrus
Cuban Crocodile
Rockhopper/Galapagos Penguin
Japanese Giant Salamander (exhibit)

Nightmare:
Raccoon dog
Kiwi
Sulawesi Crested Macaque
Little Blue Penguin
Sugar glider (walk through exhibit)

Dream:
  • Tree Kangaroo (my favorite of the pack)
  • Tasmanian Devil (not my favorite, but a very good pick and makes way for something else at #1)
  • North Island Brown Kiwi (essential and popular bird)
  • Sea Turtle (I just really like them)
  • Roseate Spoonbill (American Flamingo might be a better fit, but the spoonbill is more unique)
  • East Javan Langur (cute monkey with a golden morph)
  • Rockhopper Penguin (My favorite penguin)
  • WE: Lorikeets, including rainbow, black, cardinal/red
  • Other stuff I'd still like: Tanuki, Coqueral's Sifaka, American Flamingo, Blue Penguin, Quokka, Aye-Aye, Orchid Mantis (I actually love the "hidden" exhibit animals), Macaws
Nightmare:
  • Celebes Crested Macaque (A monkey would be great, but I'd rather get a different one with a tail.)
  • Visayan Warty pig (I am afraid of pigs)
  • A random crocodilian (lots of options, but I'm fairly done with them except for an African croc and the Chinese alligator)
  • Japanese Serow (not really nightmareish, but I'm running out of plausible ideas. Most of the talked about island animals are good. I even had a monkey on my nightmare list. The tanuki is cuter to me, but I still sort of like the serow. It's just a bit boring to me.)
  • Lord Howe's Island Stick insect: I really don't like this bug
  • Polynesian Scenery? I don't hate it, but it doesn't seem distinct enough from the Indonesian to warrant inclusion for me. Maybe I'm missing something, though

My dream is pretty much just what was teased tbh. My ideal Oceania-centric Islands Pack was always devil + kiwi + tree roo + little penguin + either lorikeets or tuatara, but now that quokkas seem like an actual possibility I've become quite attracted to the idea of having them in the game so they can fit into my dream pack too. If making it into an animal pack, I'd either add short-beaked echidna, nene and obviously a tree kangaroo to fit in with the Oceania theme, or diversify it a bit with the radiated tortoise, lowland anoa and northern Luzon giant cloud rat.

Nightmare pack? Not much could make an Islands Pack a nightmare for me, except something silly like a Sri Lankan leopard or wild boar I guess.

The devil and kiwi are fully baked-in and I'm not entertaining the possibility of an animal pack, so for my ideal the remaining three would be a little blue penguin, a lorikeet, and the 1% chance that the last animal is a tree kangaroo rather than a quokka. Worst-case scenario is something like an orchid mantis (bug in 4x4x4 box sucks) or a second bat (meh).

Dream I didn't know I had has become pretty much likely to happen now.
Dream if its an animal pack in addition to the Forum's general consensus
  • Matchie's Tree Kangaroo (I think Goodfellow's is prettier and preferable but there was a story on the forum about Matchie's so I hope for that forum member and his/her family for it be Matchie's)
  • Tanuki
  • American Flamingo (to break from the Far East)

From what little I've gathered from various posts (haven't seen the vudeo) I'd say my nightmare scenario is basically guaranteed... it's a cliche tropical paradise scenery pack focused exclusively on the Oceania region... a bigger waste of potential than the Arid Pack.

My dream that if will be an animal pack with these following animals:
Goodfellow's tree kangaroo
American flamingo
Cuban crocodile
Marine iguana
Coquerel's sifaka
Rockhopper penguin
Sumatran tiger
Tuatara/Panther chameleon (exhibit)

My nightmare: scenery pack or would never release.

Dream Pack:
  • Nene (AKA Hawaiian Goose)
  • American Flamingo
  • Tanuki
  • Goodfellow’s Tree Kangaroo
  • Southern Rockhopper Penguin
  • Roseate Spoonbill
  • Coquerel Sifaka
  • Exhibit/WE - not picky

Would love Hibiscus as a plant being added.

Nightmare: Nothing would be happy with anything even all clones.

I get that the Oceania Pack already came out, but here’s my post-pack go at it:

Dream:
  • Pacific Walrus
  • Visayan Warty Pig
  • Lowland Anoa
  • Corquerel’s Sifaka OR Aye-Aye
  • Cuban Crocodile
  • Tanuki
  • Matschie’s OR Goodfellow’s Tree Kangaroo
  • Parson’s Chameleon
Nightmare:
  • Too focused on one island region of the world.
  • I’m sorry @BiologicalHorror, but I don’t see the appeal behind the nene.
  • American/Caribbean Flamingo

Dream
  • Walrus (very weird yet majestic when I saw him irl)
  • Tanuki (always for more canids! especially if they have shorter legs!)
  • Matschie's Tree Kangaroo (a borderline necessity plus its adorable)
  • Sulawesi Bear Cuscus (a cute and cool looking oddball pick)
  • Sumatran Tiger (I'm on this big cat's team)
  • Anoa (always love antelope/cattle!)
  • Scottish Wildcat (another more cold climate animal to make sure Mr. Walrus isn't too lonely)

I get that the Oceania Pack already came out, but here’s my post-pack go at it:

Dream:
  • Pacific Walrus
  • Visayan Warty Pig
  • Lowland Anoa
  • Corquerel’s Sifaka OR Aye-Aye
  • Cuban Crocodile
  • Tanuki
  • Matschie’s OR Goodfellow’s Tree Kangaroo
  • Parson’s Chameleon
Nightmare:
  • Too focused on one island region of the world.
  • I’m sorry @BiologicalHorror, but I don’t see the appeal behind the nene.
  • American/Caribbean Flamingo
No worries, you don't have to like what I like lol

My reasons for wanting the Nene are:
  • It's a Bird
  • It's specifically a waterfowl which we have none in game currently
  • While Hawaii is considered is part of North America, it geographically is part of Oceania and has it's own unique animals - NONE of which are in game. In fact no animals in game live in Hawaii meaning it has 0 representation for animals. The Nene is Hawaii's state bird, found only in Hawaii, so would be a great way to represent the unique chain of islands.
  • It's ICUN Status is Vulnerable

Top Bottom