Patch Notes January Update - Patch 2

Deleted member 38366

D
Update on the "one or more System Authority spontaneously turns Hostile" bug : oh well, it's still there....

Was wondering where the Fine/Bounty came from during the final phase of a MegaShip Scenario - turns out that Red Viper IV wasn't a scenario enemy amongst other Red Viper IV's...but a System Authority that opted to "change colors" and attack me for no reason :p

Oh well, what's a little 60LY transfer to a Detention Center over 100 Credits lol

I've got a lot of crash since the new patch, and I got none before??? Am I the only one?

I crash around 4 times in a three hours sessions yesterday

I've got a lot of crash since the new patch, and I got none before??? Am I the only one?

With the number of players you are probably not alone.

Were you doing the same thing each time the game crashed?

Not a direct comparison as my sessions are a third to half as long, but I am struggling to remember when I last had the game crash.

That's impressive. Not even the occasional black screen on shutdown, so that you'll need the task manager to end the client?
Nope... and I have played a lot of hours... But think it is the exception rather than normal :)

Truth - I did have to task kill ED when the Oculus client hung up so I couldn't exit gracefully :)

The issues that I have is getting a black screen now and again and having to exit via task manager and in the Colonia part of the galaxy when I arrive in Ratraii and close in to Colonia Dream space port, movement is jerky.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
Hmpf....

Now things are getting really weird with those MegaShip Scenarios.
It had just started (some 10sec into it) and I got a Bounty while
  • pointing away from the MegaShip
  • opening fire on a clearly Red, fully resolved, Wanted and properly KWS'ed Scenario Hostile using Gimbal Weapons and nothing else in the entire Field of View
  • ....for supposedly assaulting a Turret of the Megaship that was behind me (??)
Next thing you know you just sit somewhere docked and get RNG Loitering Fines or something out of nowhere :p

ELITE-OddBounty.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So....how does everyone feel about getting this "bug-fix and totally not a nerf on making money" update. Was giving up fleet carriers a good trade? did you get all the bug fixes you were hoping for.

would you rather have gotten fleet carriers and lived with the bugs that got fixed?
Yes.
Because that's what "The Community" "asked for"
And by "The Community" I mean a small section of particularly vociferous complainers.
And by "asked for" I mean bullied Frontier into doing, possibly against their better judgement.
And now the same "The Community" are complaining that FDev gave them exactly what they demanded - which just shows how fickle and irrational they can be.

As for "nerf on making money" what does that even mean? This is a game, not a job, the goal isn't to get a "high score" of credits earned, and with nearly 2 billion in the bank and owning every ship in the game I can assure you that making money too easy to obtain is detrimental to the game and after a point there's literally nothing you can do with it.

I miss the parts that were overlooked to deliver what was asked for, but I'm glad that Frontier asked what was wanted and delivered it, and I'm looking forward to the return of the Interstellar Initiatives and the arrival of Fleet Carriers, and the other developments that we aren't aware of but that we know from experience are being worked on.

I doubt the letter bullied FD into anything.
That would be truely pathetic.
More likely the 'delay' aligned with their priorities.
(The bug-fix patch was not an obvious success - in terms of quality. More the usual 'random walk' - stumble here, stumble there........)

Yes.
Because that's what "The Community" "asked for"
And by "The Community" I mean a small section of particularly vociferous complainers.
And by "asked for" I mean bullied Frontier into doing, possibly against their better judgement.
And now the same "The Community" are complaining that FDev gave them exactly what they demanded - which just shows how fickle and irrational they can be.

As for "nerf on making money" what does that even mean? This is a game, not a job, the goal isn't to get a "high score" of credits earned, and with nearly 2 billion in the bank and owning every ship in the game I can assure you that making money too easy to obtain is detrimental to the game and after a point there's literally nothing you can do with it.

I miss the parts that were overlooked to deliver what was asked for, but I'm glad that Frontier asked what was wanted and delivered it, and I'm looking forward to the return of the Interstellar Initiatives and the arrival of Fleet Carriers, and the other developments that we aren't aware of but that we know from experience are being worked on.

I don’t think so. I think they became a convenient excuse to not deliver. Just another way for the WKs to blame the player base rather than the developers for failure to deliver.

I think what FDev did was actually the right move in finally listening to the community. Problem is I don’t think they delivered the serious bug fix update they promised. What they promised was a serious look at all the bugs in the game and a significant effort to fix them and improve the quality of the game. What we got is a typical minor point release with marginal fixes, some of which required ANOTHER update. And we also got a major nerf.

Last edited:
I don’t think so. I think they became a convenient excuse to not deliver. Just another way for the WKs to blame the player base rather than the developers for failure to deliver.

I think what FDev did was actually the right move in finally listening to the community. Problem is I don’t think they delivered the serious bug fix update they promised. What they promised was a serious look at all the bugs in the game and a significant effort to fix them and improve the quality of the game. What we got is a typical minor point release with marginal fixes, some of which required ANOTHER update. And we also got a major nerf.
Well, the game seems to be much better for me and really stable. I know about the mining fix, don't know anything about a nerf though.

still waiting for the next beta... or at least a date for it.
edit:
Beta for the January update was in november. given that we should get a bugfix patch every 3-4 month, i would expect the next beta to happen... last week or so

Then why did you ask the question, when you've clearly made your mind up and rather than asking what people think you're actually begging for people to join you in attacking FDev - just be strong and openly attack them rather than hiding behind a fake "open question" then arguing with people who answer honestly.

Top Bottom