Lagrange Clouds on PS4

Have any of you been to a Lagrange cloud yet? I visited my first one over the weekend, which was by all indications undiscovered, and it was surprisingly "meh". No colors, no lightning, no boiling clouds, just a boring grey fog. The things inside it were cool, however.

So I'm wondering if these clouds vary in beauty, or if PS4 can't handle the types of clouds I've seen in the videos, so all I'll ever see is "meh". What are your experiences? Please let us know if you are on a base or Pro PS4, and Performance or Quality mode if the latter.

I am on a Pro.
I have been to a few and all have been reasonably good.

I haven't seen any lightning clouds myself yet but I have seen pictures of ps4 consoles with Lightning and it didn't look too shabby

Have any of you been to a Lagrange cloud yet? I visited my first one over the weekend, which was by all indications undiscovered, and it was surprisingly "meh". No colors, no lightning, no boiling clouds, just a boring grey fog. The things inside it were cool, however.

That pretty much sums up the first undiscovered cloud I found too. On a reasonably beefy PC though. Just pot luck, me old China.

That pretty much sums up the first undiscovered cloud I found too. On a reasonably beefy PC though. Just pot luck, me old China.

Interesting... This gives me hope! I like discovering things on my own, otherwise I'd go to an already-found cloud with lightning and see how it looks. I might have to swallow my explorer pride and put on my tourist clothes, just to see for myself :p

Congratulations on your find.There is a repository for notable stellar phenomena in the exploration section of the forum,if you would care to donate the system name.
From your description,you found a proto cloud,possibly with a high concentration of solid metal spheres.These are known to hang suspended in a cloud of dark particles..Night vision required,really..Also remember,if you are approaching from the sunward side,colours will be much harder to distinguish.If you angle your craft to use the primary as a backlight,you may find that its a blue or green cloud,but theyre sometimes hard to pick up..
How was your icy body bio sign?

The Gardens of Shanghai-La

Photo from a fellow DW2 commander.

KzuGPXg.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing we don't get in Pro quality is god rays apparently. That said, i do tend to get some god'like' rays from time to time near the suns corona.

I've only been to one Lagrange cloud - i wasn't super impressed tbh. Bit of a green fog yes.

I visited the Lagrange cloud at the Gardens of Shanghai-la tonight.

[video=youtube;N-Y9IdjDeoc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Y9IdjDeoc[/video]

Last edited:
@Snowynonk: You know, spoiler tags are pretty nice for people who want to see stuff for themselves first.

In his / her defence - its a video - DONT hit play if you don't want to watch it!

The first is a picture.. of specifically the kind of thing the OP had wanted to discover on their own : "This gives me hope! I like discovering things on my own, otherwise I'd go to an already-found cloud with lightning and see how it looks."

Thanks, i'll check how far from me it is later :) .

Though re-reading your earlier post, which mentioned Distant Worlds 2, i'm guessing that this location is quite a way out...

Assuming it is, has anyone found anything like this in "the bubble"? :) .

Check the codex. :) Have a look in the sector of the galaxy where the bubble is. They’re in the same section as geysers and lava spouts. They will be listed as reported.

Last edited:
has anything been actually rumoured yet, every time I look in codex I just get confirmed or reported entries, and 0 rumoured stuff. Guess the great ED rumour mill has writers block or they forgot to switch it on lol

So I'm wondering if these clouds vary in beauty, or if PS4 can't handle the types of clouds I've seen in the videos, so all I'll ever see is "meh". What are your experiences? Please let us know if you are on a base or Pro PS4, and Performance or Quality mode if the latter.

Are we sure that it wasn't a Proto-Lagrange cloud? Those are rather unimpressive...but full grown Lagrange clouds are a little more shiny.

Top Bottom