Legacy Modules - Time to move on ?

I notice that I have quite a few legacy modules that I just don't want to get rid of.

The reason being: They are better in some respect or other than ANYTHING that is possible in the new engineering system. They are cooler, use less distributor, hit harder or whatever. I didn't even do the whole 600 roll per module god-roll thing. Just random G5 rolling.

The new engineering system has been around for about a year now.

Maybe it is time to finally put these old modules to rest?

I don't want to have to keep around these modules just incase one day they come in useful or there is a valid use case for them. And I am SURE that there are players out there who have a great advantage over others because of legacy G5 god-rolled modules. Of course this is unfair and against the spirit of the new engineering system.

So maybe it is time that the legacy engineered modules finally come to an end. There are a few ways to do this. One is just to have a requirement that they are upgraded by a certain date or Frontier does it for you with the magic wand. Sucks for those who spent a lot of time 600 roll G5ing their modules(maybe there is a way to make this fair by refunding mats?).

Another is to restrict ships flying legacy modules to Solo or Private. In Open you MUST field the new modules or not at all. This also sucks for those who did the 600 god roll thing as mostly they do PvP(I would guess else why waste the time).

The situation right now, however, is unfair and needs to change.

Any other ideas? What is the general opinion?

I think 1 year is much enough time to move over to the new system.

Signing off,

CMDR Gavin786

I don't understand.
Just sell them or visit an engineer to bring them up to date.

Or are you saying you think it's time my legacy modules went?:D

I'd quite like an option to do a 1 time conversion of all legacy mods to the new system, regardless of where they are (aka, storage), or what ship they're on.

I keep finding old modules which I can't do anything with, without first converting them.

Fair enough. I'll gladly give up your c5 Cutter Prismatic to level the field, too.
Haha :p

I think it's necessary for PvP, but I can understand there are more people not PvPing than doing PvP.
My wish would be a force convert of all legacy modules to their respective max and a new experimental for shields raising hull mass limit.

Should of been done immediately, imbalance = unfair and disadvantages new players and those who didn't grind like jobless loons.

Time they went.

No.
There are plenty of 'balance' issues in the game. This is waaaaaay down the list.

But that's just my opinion.
I'm sure there are plenty of folk who've been on the receiving end of some OP frags who'd really like this sorting out...

All of my modules and weapons are grade 5 legacy. So no I don't want all of my stuff deleted.
I have completed engineering my fleet once, it took me 18 months. I won't be doing it again.

FD should have auto converted us all and given us a choice of experimentals if we already have the legacy specials, no way I'm dragging my fleet and storage modules around the bubble again. I have done it, it's finished.
Convert please FD with experimental choices, but don't remove legacy mods.

I have no god mods, but I do value my game time.

All of my modules and weapons are grade 5 legacy. So no I don't want all of my stuff deleted.
I have completed engineering my fleet once, it took me 18 months. I won't be doing it again.

FD should have auto converted us all and given us a choice of experimentals if we already have the legacy specials, no way I'm dragging my fleet and storage modules around the bubble again. I have done it, it's finished.
Convert please FD with experimental choices, but don't remove legacy mods.

I have no god mods, but I do value my game time.

I think that is an excellent point and excellent solution also. Upgrade everyone's G5 to the new G5(NOT downgrade to G4), FULLY ENGINEERED(no more rolls needed; they get the max)+Their experimentals transfer over. Should happen automatically at a certain date.

This would please me very much for my legacy modules also, levels the playing field nicely.

They need to also do something about the modules which cannot reasonably be transferred to new system like C5 shields for the Cutter. Some tweaks may need be made places to make it workable; but it is workable.

Signing off

CMDR Gavin786

I think that is an excellent point and excellent solution also. Upgrade everyone's G5 to the new G5(NOT downgrade to G4), FULLY ENGINEERED(no more rolls needed; they get the max)+Their experimentals transfer over. Should happen automatically at a certain date.

The problem with that is that it's unfair to those of us who spent the time to re-engineer all of our modules in the new system. Are we going to get a refund on all of those mats?

Same here. +1 rep

Yep.

I agree some legacy seem to have had better rolls than the new ones - shields for instance, the famous size 5 Cutter shield is an example - but the majority of new rolls are better.
But I had to work hard for these rolls.

Being forced into a change I would rage quit the game.

Hence please don't suggest such an unreasonable (s...) idea .. ;)
Blunt and open.

o7

The problem with that is that it's unfair to those of us who spent the time to re-engineer all of our modules in the new system. Are we going to get a refund on all of those mats?

Plus it's unfair to those who have invested hundreds of hours into the old system and just wanna keep their modules.
I not only kept legacy modules which have superior rolls but also ones which are worse. Whether these will be upgraded or not should remain my decision and nobody's else.

I truly detest these endless envy debates.

Top Bottom