LGBTQ+ Flags as ship paint jobs?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
download (18).jpg

Well OP looks like you may need a Pride event in game, just tell me what single colour to paint my ship and Ill be part of the Rainbow.

I havent been this militant since Student Loan marches in late 90s and I wasnt at the start of the thread, but I am now, I cant believe what I have read here.

Some views are outrageous to say the least.

Im up for creating a rainbow in game with individual ship colours.

I personally rather see no real life flags in the game, including the country flags. I play games for escapism, to get away from the real world, not to bring it along with me. If it were up to me, the only flags in the game would be faction flags, superpower flags, basically only "game flags".

That being said, it would also certainly not offend me if someone wants to have a ship painted with LGBT(...) colors (or any other cause), like I said I'd rather leave the real life outside, but that it's certainly not worth me stomping my feet about it, if it makes someone happy and doesn't harm me, then why not?...

That also being said, I doubt FD will want to open this can of worms, and pave the way for hundreds of different requests/demands for everyone's favorite causes, from LGBT, black lives matter, blue lives matter, all lives matter, Unicef, WWF, Greenpeace, Sea Shepherd, PETA, etc etc etc etc etc.

Last edited:
If you do do this, make sure to use the more orange lesbian flag, the pink one has some issues. Even just a rainbow or progress flag livery would be great

Absolutely not against this at all, but this part concerns me.

What if the orange one gets some "issues" later down the line? (I have no idea what the issues are...) at some point?
EDIT: - Ah, just found out the issue(s) - the creator of it is apparently a lot of "ists"

FD would have to remove/replace the paint job, which... well, they ain't gonna want to have to keep up with this stuff.

On that basis, if I were FD, I'd probably steer clear.

Last edited:
With all the country flag ship skins, it would be really cool if Frontier made some LGBTQ+ pride flag ship skins. For example, I'd buy with real money a skin of the pansexual flag, or the non-binary flag. If you do do this, make sure to use the more orange lesbian flag, the pink one has some issues. Even just a rainbow or progress flag livery would be great
View attachment 191219
this is the progress flag, for reference.
Thanks,
A queer CMDR.

2 days and 16 pages later, I want to say... I did not expect this to be this controversial, I will keep in mind to try not to mention my queerness in this community in the future. I understand now that being whom I am is not welcome here. I wasn't aware of the limited colors on skins, that could be an issue, and perhaps I can look on the bright side and assume that maybe in the 3000s, LGBTQ+ people have equality, and nobody needs the flags anymore. I may still draw my idea of what a skin could look like, but I won't post it here. I'm sorry if I caused any problems.
CMDR signing off.

2 days and 16 pages later, I want to say... I did not expect this to be this controversial, I will keep in mind to try not to mention my queerness in this community in the future. I understand now that being whom I am is not welcome here. I wasn't aware of the limited colors on skins, that could be an issue, and perhaps I can look on the bright side and assume that maybe in the 3000s, LGBTQ+ people have equality, and nobody needs the flags anymore. I may still draw my idea of what a skin could look like, but I won't post it here. I'm sorry if I caused any problems.
CMDR signing off.

your more than welcome here, certainly more welcome than most in this thread, and your cordially invited to all my fleets and wings.

tell me your ship ill make you something (even if it don't get into the game)

AtMkOK3.png

see this ^^ this is exactly why its important, i hope your all proud of yourselves... Frontier and Admin need to do more...

😥

Fly safe CMDR o7

@Stephen Benedetti @Paul_Crowther

Last edited:
I have absolutely no interest in other people’s sexual preference, cause or identity.

Paint your ship however you like, you all look the same when you go pop.

I wouldn't give up so easily - you got plenty of support but there is sadly a noisy minority who get attracted to progressive threads.

Hopefully the attention will have the opposite effect to the one they hoped for and you get the PJ!

Fly safe CMDR
o7

I wouldn't give up so easily - you got plenty of support but there is sadly a noisy minority who get attracted to progressive threads.

Well they're just defensive because they lost the culture war and some viewpoints aren't acceptable any more

Last edited by a moderator:
CMDR signing off.

Aww buddy... Sucks you feel like that. As I read it, it looks like some people don't want connections to various movements they don't like the methods of in the game, I don't -think- they were actually bothered by you personally.

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
Sheesh. It seems like appealing to common sense isn't a winning strategy.

@Jerbango Please do not let the "noise" discourage you from participating on these forums, you are as welcome as everyone else is, and the Moderation team do strive to keep any form of discrimination out of discussions, whilst allowing discussions to take place.

@everyone else
Think before posting, as any posts that are deemed to be off topic will now result in thread bans.

Paint your ship however you like,

this is the issue, you cant. Apparently we are limited to 3 colours for a paintjob and the paintjobs are fixed.

Anyway, when I first played I was disappointed with lack of skins for free but I always wondered why you cant just paint the ship the way you want. Literally design your own ship and have it 'sprayed' - in the same way GTA does it, tyres, body, spoilers, tints, primary and secondary etc. Set a price for it in ARX.

I dont like many of the current paintjobs, most ships have the base, I would spend some ARX on designing my own probably.

CMDR signing off.

So sad to hear this...

Don't let the few get you down though, (its easier said than done unfortunately when you deal with daily discrimination), but there's some good eggs in this thread fighting our corner 👏 I admire you all. and +rep to every single one of you x 1000, I'm quite humbled by the passion and determination of some.

I do hope on the back of this there is either some change on the forum or even as you suggest an in game icon to support as its highlighted more can certainly be done.

frontier you cant just sit back and watch this?

this is the issue, you cant. Apparently we are limited to 3 colours for a paintjob and the paintjobs are fixed.

Anyway, when I first played I was disappointed with lack of skins for free but I always wondered why you cant just paint the ship the way you want. Literally design your own ship and have it 'sprayed' - in the same way GTA does it, tyres, body, spoilers, tints, primary and secondary etc. Set a price for it in ARX.

I dont like many of the current paintjobs, most ships have the base, I would spend some ARX on designing my own probably.
Well, you answered your own question...

£££

It’s a secondary income for FD, one that does rather well considering I’ve bought two new ship kits and two paints in the last few weeks...🙄

Anyway, reading through it looks like things are getting political here so I’m off to look at beam lasers etc...

It’s a secondary income for FD, one that does rather well considering I’ve bought two new ship kits and two paints in the last few weeks...🙄

how much more would you spend to design your own though? Im not a good customer, I dont buy little extras in the supermarket or game unless I have a good reason. Midnight Black is a good reason but its not cheap...and I dont like it on some ships....If I could paint my ship the same way I design my character Id spend a bit more, I have bought an outfit just coz sick of looking at that skinsuit thing and the garish colours, I iant buying glasses or scars or anything but equivalent for ship Im more likely too. Not instead of PJs designed by experts, just additional feature.

2 days and 16 pages later, I want to say... I did not expect this to be this controversial, I will keep in mind to try not to mention my queerness in this community in the future. I understand now that being whom I am is not welcome here.

Why, I don't think anyone disagrees with the flag paint job because of your personal life choices preferences(*)? (or maybe it's Ian Phillips that is doing a great job at removing those posts)

Reading the thread, the people who would disagree with your suggestion are doing so on the basis of preferring to keep the game and real life separate, not because they're anti-lgbt. And even though I also prefer to keep them separate, on my account you and your opinions are more than welcome, even if I happen to disagree with any of them.

(*) edited

Last edited:
On another note, this paint job/decal.

You lot who are against it because you don't want to see it, have you played the game? Do you actually see the paintjob/decal when a ship zips past you? I know I don't, so it's not about what you see, it's about what that pilot wants their ship to look like when they're in the menu/outfitting/livery store. It's about that Pilot in 2020, not your immersion in your game.

I'm sorry, but all you dissenters who want to all over OPs and our identities are using "imurshun" as an excuse to hide behind your (and I'm being kind here, I could, and rightfully so, use a stronger word) ignorance.

Close your mouths, open your ears, and you might learn something about a world you (fortunately) don't experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom