Lore and history with Galnet Audio ?

Would it be possible and easy to add a feature where Galnet audio could be set to read out Elite dangerous lore while flying around.

It would be a great way for players to get up to speed on all the major lore and history of the game.

If its just a matter of adding text to the game it should be relatively easy to add another tab to the interface that lets you slowly make you way through major chapters of Elite Lore.

It could also be context based so if you jump into a system that has historical significance there could be some audio available.

Would it be possible and easy to add a feature where Galnet audio could be set to read out Elite dangerous lore while flying around.

It would be a great way for players to get up to speed on all the major lore and history of the game.

If its just a matter of adding text to the game it should be relatively easy to add another tab to the interface that lets you slowly make you way through major chapters of Elite Lore.

It could also be context based so if you jump into a system that has historical significance there could be some audio available.

I agree, Galnet Audio could be massively expanded - there are all manner of possibilities. It's basically just a text-to-speech engine, so a database of content could be quite large and would be easy enough to implement, once you have the actual content in text form. I've always quite liked the idea of having access to scientific articles and so on.

I never had a chance to play the older games, so everything I know about the universe of Elite came through Dangerous. I'd love to have something like you suggest to just catch up on things.

Yeah! Galnet is definitely under-used, IMO. A push-button to read out the name of the system, the type of star and system description text (if any) would be nice too.

Top Bottom