Lore questions. :)

Yeah, I have always thought that we are missing something major in regards to the mystery.However, I have only played for about 5 months, but I am in the black atm so I might hop over to the rift area.

@drew :
Nice to meet ya, drew. Quick question: is the Formildine rift mystery over or is there more to it still left to be discovered?

Thanks,
A logical argument

Since I haven't been involved with ED since v2.2 I can't really confirm or deny I'm afraid. The Rift has been added to the Galaxy Map, which is something Fdev did without my prompting. I don't know what was added or removed in the last two years.

Cheers,

Drew.

What would Salome do for a Klondike bar?

Probably murder someone. ;) She had a very short fuse. A very dangerous woman, I'd stay well clear to be honest.

Thats a very fine hat - is it tinfoil lined?

More on topic - you mention Sirius Corp, but how much can we trust the other groups in ED - I'm thinking particularly Universal Cartographic, The Pilots Federation and Galnet ?

We put alot of store on codex information etc. and in our star maps - are they trust worthy?

The hat? It's bullet-proof. ;)

Good question. I wouldn't trust Galnet at all, nor the Pilots Federation. I think you're safe with the Codex and Universal Cartographics though.

Luko's Spanish ? As a Spanish myself he always struck me as Italian...

He's definitely Italian. But there was a Spanish character in my Oolite Saga who had some similarities. The two are not connected though.

Cheers,

Drew.

You have stated that you're not involved with Raxxla story but I couldn't find any sources on the Dark Wheel.
Are you involved with the Dark Wheel in Elite Dangerous by any means?

You have stated that you're not involved with Raxxla story but I couldn't find any sources on the Dark Wheel.
Are you involved with the Dark Wheel in Elite Dangerous by any means?

No. I've not been involved in ED at all since May 2017. Other than as a player, that is. :)

Cheers,

Drew.

What do you remember about Rebecca's Cobra? With what we have at our disposal, can we even come close to making a replica?

It's unlikely you could replicate Rebecca's Cobra. That ship, the "Cor meum et animam" and Luko's ship the "Bella Principessa" were both Cobra Mk3s made by the manufacturer "Cowell and MgRath" (note spelling, often incorrectly referred to as McGrath) dating from the 3120 period. As such they were the original (and now vintage) model of the Cobra Mk3 and were substantially different from the version most pilots are now familiar with.

These ships featured the following specification as standard:

Ingram Laser system (4 hardpoints)
Lance and Ferman Seek and Kill Missile system
Kruger "Lightfast" Motors (system travel)
Irrikan "ThruSpace" hyperspace system
Dual Zieman energy deflection shields

It should be noted that both Rebecca and Luko's vessels had been significantly altered over time and could not, by concours standards, be regarded as 'unmodified'.

None of these technologies are available any longer. Cowell and MgRath were acquired by Faulcon deLacy who now own the rights to, and the manufacture of, the Cobra Mk3. The Faulcon deLacy version is the one you now see in Elite Dangerous. It has been substantially changed within and, arguably, is not the same vessel, particularly now, given the standardisation of shipboard equipment in the years since 3299.

With the demise of Rebecca and Luko's vessels, it is unlikely that any flightworthy Cowell and MgRath editions of the Cobra mk3 remain flying in the Elite Dangerous universe. You may wish to try your local museum.

Cheers,

Drew.

Last edited:
Hyperspace was discovered (apparently) in the 2200s or thereabouts, but it took another 600 years for the technology to reach what we'd recognise as mainstream adoption. The first faraway jump was in the 2800s and this was when the phrase "Witch-space" started to appear.

Details in GalNet here > https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/586f796c9657ba3357039d07

Cheers,

Drew.

Why does this statement appear to create issues with the codex information on Raxxla.
"The earliest documented reference to Raxxla dates to 2296 and originates from an entry in the personal journal of Art Tornqvist, "
Hyperspace discovered 2200, Raxxla a legend by 2296 (only 96 years after discovery?)
What was the capabilities of the first Hyperspace ships before the Faraway Jump System?

Why does this statement appear to create issues with the codex information on Raxxla.
"The earliest documented reference to Raxxla dates to 2296 and originates from an entry in the personal journal of Art Tornqvist, "
Hyperspace discovered 2200, Raxxla a legend by 2296 (only 96 years after discovery?)
What was the capabilities of the first Hyperspace ships before the Faraway Jump System?

Frontier altered the lore a few years ago. This is the current 'canon' regarding hyperspace as far as I'm aware from Frontier.

https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/07-JAN-3303

You note, if you refer to my own summary of hyperspace lore (written somewhat prior to this and since archived due to the above retcon) certain... shall we say... similarities in the text, which, I'm sure, are entirely coincidental. ;)

https://canonn.science/lore/drewwagar-hyperspace/

Cheers,

Drew.

Last edited:
Is Player Death/Revival considered Cannon in Elite Dangerous Universe?

Current explanation for Player Revival i found was:
"If your ship is destroyed, your personal escape system will kick in and eject you from the ship, micro jumping you to the last starport you docked in, where you will be processed by the authorities and your insurance company." -from player manual, by CMDR Black

Or is it just a mechanic for the game? And not considered cannon for the Lore.

There are escape pods in the lore, but the mechanism seen in the game whereby you are miraculously transported back to the last starport you docked in is a game convenience, not something that exists in the actual ED universe.

Cheers,

Drew.

Can Thargoids and humans communicate? What's the likelihood of cross-species dating?

Potentially they can communicate, though Thargoids don't appear to use the EM spectrum for this. Cross-species dating is unlikely given that Thargoids use ammonia as a solvent rather than water, and are thus only comfortable at temperatures that would freeze a human.

Cheers,

Drew.

Potentially they can communicate, though Thargoids don't appear to use the EM spectrum for this. Cross-species dating is unlikely given that Thargoids use ammonia as a solvent rather than water, and are thus only comfortable at temperatures that would freeze a human.

Cheers,

Drew.

I'll Answer the "meeting" portion. There have been at least two to three meetings between Thargoids and Humans:

Humans and Thargoids met and Thargoids discuss asking humans assistance in finding Soontil. - Book: And Here The Wheel

Mic Turner seeks out Thargoids and ends up disappearing. That probably answers the dating part of your question.

A human conspires with the Thargoids to setup a skirmish that shows humans the futility of fighting the Thargoids. - Book "Out of The Darkness"

Cheers,

Drew.

Interesting, this is contradicted by the COMMUNICATION article in the Knowledge Base:

unknown.png

@drew does it mean this particular part of the lore changed since you last had access to it?

Drew,

I couldn't help notice that the Tionisla Historical Society is not located in Tionisla, and apparently they are not effectively able to maintain the Orbital Graveyard.

1. Do you suppose the T.H.S. might appreciate being moved into Tionisla?
2. Is there a reason that this part of Altera didn't make it into Premonition?

"Something of a backwater today, Tionisla was once a major trading hub and communication complex in times past. With the graveyard itself having fallen into disrepair, with many of its relics vandalised and looted, it came as something of a surprise when a request was received by the Tionisla Historical Society (a non-profit making charity who are now custodians of the graveyard and hope to one day restore it to its former glory), by persons unknown, to inter a recently deceased commander." -Altera

Top Bottom