Lore questions. :)

Here’s a quicky, do Thargoids have anything to do with the dark wheel, Raxxla or the club? Specifically the star maps found at there active sites.

Here’s a quicky, do Thargoids have anything to do with the dark wheel, Raxxla or the club? Specifically the star maps found at there active sites.

Not that we know of - Thargoids appears in the original The Dark Wheel novella, but I'm pretty sure that's one of the parts that have been retconned. There's also various mentions, but AFAIR they're not linked to Raxxla or the Dark Wheel.

The Club, on the other hand, had a great master plan to prepare the bubble for the Thargoid incursion, and a super-secret backup plan in case things go south. You can find all of this in a chapter (or two) of Premonition by Drew Wagar (or on the wiki, most likely).

Not that we know of - Thargoids appears in the original The Dark Wheel novella, but I'm pretty sure that's one of the parts that have been retconned. There's also various mentions, but AFAIR they're not linked to Raxxla or the Dark Wheel.

The Club, on the other hand, had a great master plan to prepare the bubble for the Thargoid incursion, and a super-secret backup plan in case things go south. You can find all of this in a chapter (or two) of Premonition by Drew Wagar (or on the wiki, most likely).
So there is a possibility? After all the star maps are said to be of the andromeda galaxy and Raxxla is described as a gateway, could possibly be linked?

So there is a possibility? After all the star maps are said to be of the andromeda galaxy and Raxxla is described as a gateway, could possibly be linked?

Everything is possible, but I'm quite skeptic. Galnet describes the starmap emitted by the Thargoid Device more than once for what it seems to be: a star map of points of interest for the thargoids in our galaxy.
https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5b34b13246fe331e2f6ca222
Following the Thargoids’ retreat, all evidence suggested that their surface sites had become dormant. But new data from our Eagle Eye network shows that they have surged back to life, and that the star maps inside these structures are now pinpointing the Deciat system.

https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5a2ab73cf1caf05371219512
“We’ve also been studying the star maps found inside Thargoid structures. We still don’t know the precise purpose of these maps, but our analysis has revealed some intriguing details about how the Thargoids categorise geographical data. Indeed, it’s entirely possible that their concepts of territory differ dramatically from our own.”

Given how the Thargoid Device works (i.e., you collect a sensor and a probe, that have been deployed by Thargoids in the pleiades area rngeezus only knows when, you take them to the device, add a link conveniently spawned by the hatcheries near to the device, and you get a starmap and info on "point of interests" for the thargoids) I'm pretty sure the device/starmap is just a tool that we use to reverse engineer what the thargoids are paying attention to at a given time. I'm pretty sure that, should they ever find raxxla, we could use the device to find it ourselves too, but for now we must content ourselves with the ability of getting next week's thargets.

Last edited:
Drew,

I noticed that the only real confirmation of Raxxla comes from your mouth. The only current reference to this comes from Canonn's article here:
Of note, the wording here is: “It’s out there and we (FD) know where it is.”

However, i know that this is just a copy of your article from your personal blog. You have deleted the original blog post, though it is accessible via the Wayback Machine. (https://archive.is/20150212132654/h...m/progress-report/the-day-i-met-david-braben/). You can see that this article actually has no mention of your discussion of Raxxla (later, you edited this blog to the version that is now on canonn). Indeed, this actual bit of communication was posted in your Frontier Forum post linking to this article. This forum thread was deleted upon the most recent forum migration. (Have not been able to find via any web archives)

I happen to have written down what was said in that forum post, and your exact wording (for the DB quote, not necessarily the frame i've put it in) was as follows:

"Drew: Raxxla?

David: It exists, we know where it is and why people haven't been able to find it..."

This is significantly different than "it's out there and we know where it is". Do you care to comment on this discrepancy or any of the deletions that appear to be obfuscating the true nature of your statement?

Last edited:
Forum lawyer much? :)
It's been driving me crazy for a couple years now, but since the original post was deleted as mentioned, i really want to clear the air.

I actually think something similar happened with the fabled "a commander has been to raxxla's system, but honked and left" quote. I have a pretty strong memory of actually reading that here on the frontier forums, but i suspect the post/thread was deleted in late 2015 or ealry 2016. Of course, dont have any evidence for this, which further drives me to nitpick at the DB quote while i still have some proof!

It's been driving me crazy for a couple years now, but since the original post was deleted as mentioned, i really want to clear the air.

I actually think something similar happened with the fabled "a commander has been to raxxla's system, but honked and left" quote. I have a pretty strong memory of actually reading that here on the frontier forums, but i suspect the post/thread was deleted in late 2015 or ealry 2016. Of course, dont have any evidence for this, which further drives me to nitpick at the DB quote while i still have some proof!

I did a bit of a forum search hoping to find some corroboration for the often cited quotes about raxxla and any other pointers that may have been missed.

So far the only relevant ones with the search of raxxla & MB / DB are below. Whilst not hugely helpful it does look like posts from 2014 / 2015 are still present and indexed however It could be that other quotes were from videos / non FD sites that weren't transcribed here or somehow not indexed in all the forum changes since they were made.

context: discussing the liqua's naming of the founders system. (28-11-2014)
barcode said:
I'm a tiny little bit disappointed they didn't call it Raxxla :D
Raxxla is something different.
Michael

context: discussing the subject of MB's book. (20-07-2015)
It was more of a spiritual successor than a direct sequel. We did look at a story involving Raxxla, but felt that was a story that should be played out in game rather than as a novel.
Michael

Last edited:
I did a bit of a forum search hoping to find some corroboration for the often cited quotes about raxxla and any other pointers that may have been missed.

So far the only relevant ones with the search of raxxla & MB / DB are below. Whilst not hugely helpful it does look like posts from 2014 / 2015 are still present and indexed however It could be that other quotes were from videos / non FD sites that weren't transcribed here or somehow not indexed in all the forum changes since they were made.

context: discussing the liqua's naming of the founders system. (28-11-2014)

context: discussing the subject of MB's book. (20-07-2015)
Here is the link to the Drew Wagar thread in question. Obviously, this link no longer works and i cannot find this thread in the archives, but maybe you will have more success:

Drew,

I noticed that the only real confirmation of Raxxla comes from your mouth. The only current reference to this comes from Canonn's article here:
Of note, the wording here is: “It’s out there and we (FD) know where it is.”

However, i know that this is just a copy of your article from your personal blog. You have deleted the original blog post, though it is accessible via the Wayback Machine. (https://archive.is/20150212132654/h...m/progress-report/the-day-i-met-david-braben/). You can see that this article actually has no mention of your discussion of Raxxla (later, you edited this blog to the version that is now on canonn). Indeed, this actual bit of communication was posted in your Frontier Forum post linking to this article. This forum thread was deleted upon the most recent forum migration. (Have not been able to find via any web archives)

I happen to have written down what was said in that forum post, and your exact wording (for the DB quote, not necessarily the frame i've put it in) was as follows:

"Drew: Raxxla?

David: It exists, we know where it is and why people haven't been able to find it..."

This is significantly different than "it's out there and we know where it is". Do you care to comment on this discrepancy or any of the deletions that appear to be obfuscating the true nature of your statement?

The error comes from your assumption that the Raxxla Lore article is a copy of my personal blog entry regarding meeting David Braben for the first time at the Bafta event in 2014. It is not a copy. The Raxxla lore article was written sometime later. I'm not sure why that blog article is missing from my site, I'll see if I can reinstate it based on the waybackmachine entry you've kindly provided.

David's statement on Raxxla was given to me in direct response to me asking him whether Raxxla was in Elite Dangerous or not, during the Bafta event in 2014.

He responded with “It’s out there and we know where it is.” - The (FD) was added by me in clarification of the meaning of 'we', to give the correct context for the conversation. My interpretation of his comment was that Raxxla was indeed in-game, but an in-house secret known only to a few. Feel free to disagree with my interpretation.

That blog article wasn't about Raxxla, rather about 'meeting your heroes', so the quote wasn't cited at the time. I later wrote the Raxxla article as part of my series of Lore articles, and cited it at that point.

I'm afraid I don't recall the forum post you refer to, but my recollection of the conversation with David is as above.

The reason the lore articles were consigned to Canonn's custodianship was due to Fdev retconning the lore in various places, leaving me uncertain as to what was accurate or not.

I do not know what Raxxla is, or where it is.

Hope that clarifies things. :)

Cheers,

Drew.

The reason the lore articles were consigned to Canonn's custodianship was due to Fdev retconning the lore in various places, leaving me uncertain as to what was accurate or not.

I am personally frustrated that Fdev has made changes to the lore in ways that we don't know anymore. They put so many mysteries in the game and there is no way to determine if anything is trustworthy or not. The Codex knowledge base openly conflicts with many previous sources on several topics. It frankly makes me less interested in the game because they can wipe away years of story without providing any update to the community on what was changed.

I always felt that there was more to the Dynasty conspiracy; lore is about 3 possible relocation candidates, and we're only seeing two. The Conflux sites are half-way to where Jacques Station ended up. The Zurara is possibly half way to wherever the second candidate is. And the third location... we have neither the half-way point, nor the destination itself.

The three Dynasty relocation areas are where the bases exist: Formidine Rift, Conflux, Hawking’s Gap. Zurara was part of the FRift area search, supposedly finding ELW and terraformables, dropping terraforming gear, and marking these locations with ‘beacons’ but no such beacon has been found by any of the FRifters; there ought to be one in Zurara’s location according to the book, but there isn’t and the in-game system differs a little from the book description, suggesting FD weren’t investing too much effort into supporting the story.
But there may yet be more to be found.......

Last edited:
Dear sir,

We are glad to see you involved in exploration on IRH server, though we understand that your abilities are narrowed with NDA's and Frontier rules. Though, we're facing a problem, which is unsolvable without your help.

Do you remember Zurara? That monument of human's fanatizm and greediness, as well as human's rage against unstoppable threat out of nowhere. Well, the group I'm working on, looks on that ship mainly as on a ship. It means that it had a destination, and, of course, it had a home spacedock. Of course, you can answer that it should not ever been return home, and will be right. But the capitan thought the other way. The last his order was to plot route home. So we shall consider there was a point, where Zurara started her journey. This point was known as Home both to the Capitan and to the crew. So case 9823 on IRH server is focused on finding that home.

Well, we know a distance between two points. One is Home we look for, the other is ... Oh, we are facing the first problem.

The description from my copy of the book from the official store (1) says it is an M2V star, 17 planets, the 2nd one is Earthlike. We looked through Syreadiae sector and found that system, but star type is M7V. Well, we think there is a typo, as well as in the name of the sector. 17 planets and 2nd one is Earthlike - true, it is Syreadiae BL-Z b6-0. On the other hand, we have another copy of the book, not from official store (2), where system is G class star with 9 planets, second one is terraformable. System name is higly likely Syreadiae JX-F c0 - current Zurara's system. So, we have to ask you, what was the system name from where one should count 9823 ly to home, as related to game? Also it is useful to mention, that Syreadiae sector is 12 kly from the bubble.

Also we should ask you if this content is even in game. Or this 9823 clue is only in the book, not in-game?

And the last 2 questions that would help us to narrow our field of the search is why Formidine Rift settlements are in Eafots sector, while Zurara is in Syreadiae?
If Zurara visited Eafots earlier, did she go on a straight line to Syreadiae, or she did some turns on her journey?

Thank you very much for response! Don't worry, we'll find the Home, if it is in game and accessible. But we need a bit help.

(1) - see official store, photo here just for reference and fair use:
(2) - https://ru.scribd.com/read/360173026/Elite-Dangerous-Premonition - move to page 18

Attachments

• 9823.png
    9823.png
    198.8 KB · Views: 284
Why do hyperdictions not drop us out in Witchspace? They used to in older Elite games (atleast thats what I've read)

And are there structures to be found in Witchspace? I've read that some people (not real players) have seen structures in Witchspace and I've been looking out for them ever since.

Why do hyperdictions not drop us out in Witchspace? They used to in older Elite games (atleast thats what I've read)

And are there structures to be found in Witchspace? I've read that some people (not real players) have seen structures in Witchspace and I've been looking out for them ever since.

I frequently see something that looks like a yellow spider’s web in witchspace...........is that “a structure”?

I'll ask a generic question...

Where is Raxxla!!!???

I can answer that because FD have already said!

It’s in the Milky Way!
And they know where it is!
It’s a personal journey!
But there will be no clues!
😉
See Quest for Raxxla thread for all known facts with reference sources,
and much speculation.....

Top Bottom