News Meet the Team #5: Mike Evans (Game Designer)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If you search through the galaxy carefully enough, you'll find out there's an asteroid with Mike's face on it, and it will be proof that he is the designer.

And thus it was on this day of Scorching that the holy disciple of Braben and the true seeker of the Rock did mention to the Forumites
“I was actually just going to just look at a rock in space”
.that he was to make a sacred pilgrimage to view the Rock, And behold the Rock is good.

hwBQFKX.jpg

Last edited:
And thus it was on this day of Scorching that the holy disciple of Braben and the true seeker of the Rock did mention to the Forumites “I was actually just going to just look at a rock in space” .that he was to make a sacred pilgrimage to view the Rock, And behold the Rock is good.

I0lkQKO.jpg

Oh come on Mobius, you could have at least made Mike more *substantial*

EDIT: And I'm sure Michael Brookes will enjoy the comparison to god.

And thus it was on this day of Scorching that the holy disciple of Braben and the true seeker of the Rock did mention to the Forumites
“I was actually just going to just look at a rock in space”
.that he was to make a sacred pilgrimage to view the Rock, And behold the Rock is good.

hwBQFKX.jpg

"Rock", with an "R", not ... oh, whatever ...

There's a rumour going around that Frontier Developments employees are considering handing in their notice, in case Ashley comes to them next to request them to be the next "Meet the Team" candidate, for fear of how they might then be cast by Mobius, psykokow, etc.​

There's a rumour going around that Frontier Developments employees are considering handing in their notice, in case Ashley comes to them next to request them to be the next "Meet the Team" candidate, for fear of how they might then be cast by Mobius, psykokow, etc.

I've always shown FD members in a positive light, its Psykokow that they should be afraid of:D

Another great interview...
@Mobius : You cannot show FD Staff as Gods That's ridiculas...Otherwise David Braben may strike them down with a bolt of lightning :D

@Mike Evans
Hi Mike ...Great interview ...A Question...As the game Designer How will you cope with a Pilot ( Probably me ) Down on his luck with no insurance to repair his craft...Skint...and cant afford fuel anyway if his ship was Space worthy ?

Is that a suicide scenario and start again ?

its a fine line between Enhancing them and getting the artwork removed.:eek:

REALLY !!!
I thought that really was mike naked.....I did think it was a bit extreme having surgery to have a logo to replace his Private parts...

But some people will do anything to impress the boss :D

REALLY !!!
I thought that really was mike naked.....I did think it was a bit extreme having surgery to have a logo to replace his Private parts...

But some people will do anything to impress the boss :D
As LaveCon attendees can confirm, I can speak from experience when I say OUCH!!! :D

Mike Evans

Designer- Elite: Dangerous
Frontier
Another great interview...
@Mobius : You cannot show FD Staff as Gods That's ridiculas...Otherwise David Braben may strike them down with a bolt of lightning :D

@Mike Evans
Hi Mike ...Great interview ...A Question...As the game Designer How will you cope with a Pilot ( Probably me ) Down on his luck with no insurance to repair his craft...Skint...and cant afford fuel anyway if his ship was Space worthy ?

Is that a suicide scenario and start again ?

That scenario is unlikely to happen. There will always be an option to get a creditor to pay off any insurance costs, repair costs and provide a little spending cash to get fuel and supplies.

There's a rumour going around that Frontier Developments employees are considering handing in their notice, in case Ashley comes to them next to request them to be the next "Meet the Team" candidate, for fear of how they might then be cast by Mobius, psykokow, etc.

They all know the risks! ;)

OT: Anyone with questions for Ben Parry for next week?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom