Melee weapon should be the thing for a space on-foot combat, that's why

Most combat suits are armored therefore you would need to know where to stab and I am absolutely sure your opponent won't stand still and let you do it. Also even the weak spots on the suits would be protected against being damaged by sharp objects.
A knife could be helpful but more as a tool and not a weapon.

Ps.
Why not space horses so we could have space cavalry.

Just think about it: most of the on-foot combat in a galaxy will happens eitehr in a ship interiors, or inside buildings.
So very tight space.
That's why shotguns exist. And oh boy how f* you will be, going with knife against shotgun target.

The second point is - when in space or on a different planet, you'd better to wear a spacesuit. And if it's damaged - it's kinda dangerous.
I don't buy what the second point. Suits can be damaged - and that's why we should use melee? How on earth melee weapons will prevent suits to be damaged?

What I'm hearing here is we should get Powerplay melee weapons for on foot...
We could compromise and have a WH40K chainsword

1622013185707.png

Having some means to suckerpunch someone that's not alerted besides the zappy thing would be great. Something that doesn't immediately get them screaming at you for having it out. It's kinda silly that they can tell what mode the energylink is in from twenty feet away.

Hell, blasting someone in the face with the arc cutter should absolutely ruin someone's day, even if it's not an instant kill against someone in an actual suit and it's only useful for decking scientists.

If we're going down the 40k road, I'll have a power fist. ✊
Actually, we can have an exoskeleton suits - something in a middle between current suits and SRV. E.g. it may increase running speed, jumping heights, add more protection and more powerful shield, while still able to use handheld weapons. Or maybe add some more powerful heavy weapons.
Or tech swords! (jk, I hate those anime-style giant swords)

Guns themselves can be used as a melee weapon in this game, if all else fails. So, how about some melee upgrades to the guns, like a bayonet blade or a bludgeon stock?

Even better, a melee weapon that serves as a useful tool. Given that a fair few places are inaccessible due to rocks and soil in the way, how about a pitchfork? If you will, a "Space Fork." Marketing slogan: "Look, Use The Forks!" 😜

Isn't there a module you can add to your weapon that increases melee damage? use that.

Although a sword or axe would be cool.

Top Bottom