Memorial for my little commander

Fellow Elite Dangerous CMDRs. I've produced a new Audiobook and Ebook dedicated to the memory of CMDR Jellowiggler's daughter in arrangement with him. Free for you to read and listen to, donations to the cause welcome. Details on the link below. Enjoy.

https://drewwagar.com/elite-dangerous-saga/evelyns-story/

Cheers,

Drew.
@drew this is truly beautiful and generous. Your kindness to Mike and his family are worthy of note and praise. I toast you sir for bringing a little light thru this act of kindness in what is currently a dark and scary time. o7

My deepest condolences, cmdr. I cannot imagine losing either of my daughters so my heart goes out to you.

Fly safe Evlyn. O7

The community needs a place for memorials. IMHO a respectful space at Tionisla for departured Cmdrs' ships would be a wonderful, and appreciated, addition.

I am really sorry for your loss, I can only imagine your pain. I am also a father of a 2+ year old girl, and if you want her name in the galaxy the easiest way is just create an ED account for her, with her name as CMDR and discover some beautifull objects in the galaxy. This is actually what I do, I have a second account for my little girl and do only deep exploration there.

I am so sorry and speechless for your loss.
I suppose many of us are lovingly fathers who have named their cmdr after their kids. After all, going boldly in the dark, overcoming fears and exploring new mysterious worlds Is what kids are good at.
I'd really like to travel and see this special place. A beautiful one where I can pay tribute to your bright and intrepid little CMDR.
Godspeed CMDR Evelyn
o7

A few days ago my daughter's 11 year old body succumbed under the strain of the fight against cancer. She was brave and wonderful and could have fought forever if it was up to her spirit.

I wanted to post this to help myself heal, to thank fdev for the game that has granted me so much relief from the stress of everything, and to thank bosslady and loose screws discord and squadron for being my online brothers and sisters.

To the devs: your work matters. It is just a game, but your amazing game has provided comfort and entertainment to people struggling with countless issues. I thank you so much for your efforts.

To the awesome community, particularly Kai Zen and bossladyB. Thank you such much for the play time and streams and late night talks. Community is what drives this game and it is encouraging to see so many players who deeply care about the universe they are involved in.
I believe that the expectations of core players will drive the push to a better and better game.

It is also amazing how this communtiy has banded together to donate to so amazing causes. cmdr platter and fdev's charity efforts come to mind. So much money raised to fight terrible diseases that effect commanders around the world!

Lastly I have a request from a grieving father. My Evelyn was a thinker and a reader. She loved the fact that you could fly through our on galaxy and see the stars that we see from our backyard.

I would love to get a named object in the game that i could go visit as a memorial. Preferably it would be something really bright, just like her. Unstoppable and bright in the darkness. It would so special for me.

Thanks for listening, mike.

Mike, my heart is broken for you and your family my friend. I wish I could bring her back for you.

Top Bottom